Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS GradedCBCS Original Art Program OAPCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSP

CBCS launches New Logo and Brand756

Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
Well, I for one hope that this is the worst thing that ever happens at CBCS.
Post 176 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFP_Comics
I would have preferred the ignore function.

I would have preferred a kick in the balls. At least after the initial pain, everything would have returned to the status quo.

That depends on how hard you are kicked.
Post 177 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I would have preferred a kick in the balls. At least after the initial pain, everything would have returned to the status quo.

If it had meant protecting the old label...
Post 178 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If it had meant protecting the old label...
Wow that's dedication so will this ball kicking be posted on youtube?
Post 179 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
New label books have already hit ebay. So they already implemented this change and began shipping books out at least 2-3 days ago without announcing anything, without giving any choice to those customers. They waited until a Friday to drop this. Makes no sense. Did they hire a monkey to make decisions while Steve Borock was away?
Post 180 IP   flag post

Collector Gwenlocke_Variant private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Curmudgeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
that magic 10 digit number we all value so much.

Your sisters phone number?

HA! GOT'EM lol sorry
Post 181 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
I changed my mind. Joey's idea is best..
Post 182 IP   flag post
Collector SilverAgeFan private msg quote post Address this user
Let's see: new label devalues books? No. New label costs more? No. New label takes your firstborn? No. New label repo's your house or car? No. New label loses your job? No. New label causes divorce? No. New label demonstrates a commitment to try and improve? Yes. New slabbers won't know or care. IT's A LABEL people.
Post 183 IP   flag post
Collector Stelbert_Stylton private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWKyle
The CGC thing lost them customers and probably a dip in business. The Aspen reissue will probably end up costing them a lot of money in sales in the long run. CBCS changing the label. I don't see this effecting their incoming or out going of books in any way. Would uproar about the CGC label have been as bad if the case wasn't flawed?

I'd say no because CGC's cases were actually damaging comics.

As for Aspen, I didn't even know they were still in business until I read this board, and I get a Previews every month
Sad to see them leeching off a dead creator like they are.
Post 184 IP   flag post
Collector Charlieinarizona private msg quote post Address this user
Why do people hate change so much? I think in looking at the new label/logo and reading the description of the meaning and integrity behind the new logo--I love it! It will eventually grow on people.

My analogy to this is when I worked in radio a "few" years ago. It was an oldies station (60s and 70s music) and they had a station jingle that was clever and catchy...had it for years...then they changed it...overnight. Didn't let anyone know, just woke up one morning and there it was...AND PEOPLE HATED IT...until they didn't. Over time, people grew to love the new jingle and soon it was more popular than the old one...so there, that's my thouhts on the new CBCS logo.
Post 185 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverAgeFan
Let's see: new label devalues books? No. New label costs more? No. New label takes your firstborn? No. New label repo's your house or car? No. New label loses your job? No. New label causes divorce? No. New label demonstrates a commitment to try and improve? Yes. New slabbers won't know or care. IT's A LABEL people.

New label causes Flippers to lose money? Yes. Flippers pissed? Yes.
Post 186 IP   flag post
Flippers don't give a crap what the book looks like. It's collectors who slab to keep who care that the label looks nice.
Post 187 IP   flag post
Collector Mio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

It also represents the company who makes it. It should look nice. It is important and that is why the built up a long unveiling. (too long)
Post 188 IP   flag post
@Stelbert_Stylton, Direct and succinct as always Stu. I think I'll adopt as the brother I should have had.👽👽👽
Post 189 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Charlieinarizona For me, the issue isn't that it changed. It's that what they changed it to was badly done.
Post 190 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Flippers don't give a crap what the book looks like. It's collectors who slab to keep who care that the label looks nice.

Didn't you say you flip books to fund what you collect?
So you're a Sith at odds with himself?
Post 191 IP   flag post
Quote:

Yeah, but now won't those buyers not buy from the Flipper because of the ugly label? What would you call the buyers, Flippees?
Post 192 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Stelbert_Stylton, Direct and succinct as always Stu. I think I'll adopt as the brother I should have had.👽👽👽

Sounds good. Do you smoke weed and listen to Metal?
Post 193 IP   flag post
Yes and yes! Just not that synthetic crap killing people in NY. You'll laugh, metal and New Orleans Jazz. What a mix, huh?
Post 194 IP   flag post
Collector Kinsella5 private msg quote post Address this user
Change occurs, some like it, others don't. My main complaint about the redesign is that I don't feel the number for the grade is large enough. I feel there is too much wasted space above the number and to the right of it. I also feel the title of the comic's font is too small. I think if they were to fill in the label space a bit more by increasing the font size, more people may like it more. Since it appears the number for the grade is one of the more desirable things on a label, it alone should be larger, but the font style itself seems off to me.
Post 195 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Quote:

Learn how to read better.
Post 196 IP   flag post
Collector Revelations private msg quote post Address this user
Soooo much butt-hurt in one thread. LOL. You guys are hilarious, getting all upset over a label. One person even said that CBCS has lost them over this? LMAO. So funny. I'd hate to see you guys when someone takes your candy away.

Post 197 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah no kidding. Labels don't mean much to me when my Fast Pass is crawling through the system (just finished 15 days)
Post 198 IP   flag post
Not sure why I got a wrist slap for providing honest feedback. The new label is unprofessional looking. I have been a huge supporter of CBCS since coming here. They are a great company with great customer service. The old label matched their professionalism. This new label hurts their branding. It's a mistake in my opinion. I hope CBCS takes a serious rethink about this. They CBCS looks matters to a lot of us. We all want CBCS to be successful. This decision is not helpful for their success.
Post 199 IP   flag post
Collector jakecaputo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlieinarizona
Why do people hate change so much? I think in looking at the new label/logo and reading the description of the meaning and integrity behind the new logo--I love it! It will eventually grow on people.

My analogy to this is when I worked in radio a "few" years ago. It was an oldies station (60s and 70s music) and they had a station jingle that was clever and catchy...had it for years...then they changed it...overnight. Didn't let anyone know, just woke up one morning and there it was...AND PEOPLE HATED IT...until they didn't. Over time, people grew to love the new jingle and soon it was more popular than the old one...so there, that's my thouhts on the new CBCS logo.

Things that people simply aren't used to will grow on them, like the jingle you mentioned. The problem here is design. Design should be timeless. When it's done right, it you shouldn't notice it all. Instead, this one breaks rules of design and uses outdated trends, which, trends should be avoided anyway... As they are trends.
Post 200 IP   flag post
If, the rivets vanish they could salvage this design.
Post 201 IP   flag post
Old logo with hologram, loose the rivets, and it's a winner.
Post 202 IP   flag post
Collector DrunkWooky private msg quote post Address this user
I like the new label, CBCS! Can't wait for my books to come back under it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DertyComix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwenlocke_Variant
go with this lol

see now thats a label.

That IS a very good looking label. No way any major comic book company would allow blatant, repeated, unlicensed usage of their trademark in another company's course of business. But, yeah, that is some nice graphic design.
Post 203 IP   flag post
Collector akionabr private msg quote post Address this user
Lol sorry but if I am encapdulating my personal books, I want it to be in a slab that looks nice. This new logo looks cheap (again, think 90's). I am definitely holding off on my next submission.
Post 204 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Quote:

Learn how to read better.

Meaning that's not what you said, or you're not the one who said that?
A few said they flip books in order to fund what they collect. I thought you were one of them (maybe I'm thinking SilverAgeFan, it's hard to search for past posts here).

If you didn't say that, or if you don't do that, my apologies.

Rage on
Post 205 IP   flag post
597871 1176 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?