Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS GradedCBCS Original Art Program OAPCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSP

CBCS launches New Logo and Brand756

Collector Stelbert_Stylton private msg quote post Address this user
I do know that a lot of people on the CGC board complained about CBCS' label being too bland, so maybe the "you" in "we heard you" refers to the CGC people?
Post 151 IP   flag post
Collector Mio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio

For the love of Crom, please put a poll on the boards for your next change.

Are the majority of CBCS's customers regular posters in this forum?

Does it need to be a majority? I would settle for more than none, taking part in a poll.
Post 152 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Obviously everyone here has been taken aback by this. This came out of left field and hit us all in the nose Marcia Marcia Marcia style.

FSMH
Post 153 IP   flag post
Collector CosmicReads private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio
Indeed there is a thread about getting a new label, so CBCS did listen. Ideally they would have kept listening and tested a few re-designs in a poll here.
Now all three (CBCS, CGC and PGX) have uggy labels. And since two of them are brand new, we are stuck with them for, presumably, years.
I won't say I will not submit books because of it, but I can see some people doing so.
For the love of Crom, please put a poll on the boards for your next change.

(also, the two week suspense building was gratuitous, and a bit of a let-down)

Crom never listens... so I seldom pray to him...
Post 154 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFP_Comics
I would have preferred the ignore function.

I would have preferred a kick in the balls. At least after the initial pain, everything would have returned to the status quo.
Post 155 IP   flag post

Collector cjbehr948 private msg quote post Address this user
Holy butt-hurt, Batman! I get people having knee jerk reactions, but let's not act like CBCS kicked a puppy here. Let's see what it looks like in person. Going by the images, I don't mind the way it looks. I'll reserve judgment until I see one for myself.
Post 156 IP   flag post
Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbehr948
Holy butt-hurt, Batman! I get people having knee jerk reactions, but let's not act like CBCS kicked a puppy here. Let's see what it looks like in person. Going by the images, I don't mind the way it looks. I'll reserve judgment until I see one for myself.

Regardless of how aesthetically displeasing it is, the real issue is that they wasted time & resources on this instead of something of more importance.
Post 157 IP   flag post
Collector Bluespeyer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwenlocke_Variant
while i understand how you feel. They still have the same service. label looks horrible i agree but will it stop me from sending in my book? no because the case will do it's intended job and the label will do the same. IT WONT LOOK THE SAME. but it still doing its job by providing the grade and all the other info. all they did is just put a unattractive receptionist at the front desk compared to the last one that worked there.... no so much as an Eye candy but still does the job well.

Not really. A receptionist actually has to do work, while a comic book doesn't. Basically its sole purpose is to LOOK GOOD. Thus for many who pay to have their books slabbed, a label is of major consideration.

I can have my books graded and slabbed by two other companies, but I've been going exclusively with CBCS because of its label. Yes, accurate grading and secure encapsulation are important too, but those features are a requirement that go without saying imo. And while CBCS shines in those departments, I don't give them bonus points for it. That would be like rewarding your dog for not biting you.

Most of all, I'm astonished that steve and crew would make such a change based on the opinions of some people in a message board thread! Does this mean if I start a thread titled "Free CBCS Service?" and enough people respond, that they'll give in and make all their services free? Don't think so.
Post 158 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
My first 2 orders consisting of 20 books are in right now as processing. They will have the new labels I assume. I'm not bothered by it nor will they lose my future business. It's only a label. What matters is authenticity, and that magic 10 point number we all value so much.

Let's all be friends.
Post 159 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
that magic 10 digit number we all value so much.

Your sisters phone number?
Post 160 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Curmudgeon
Quote:

Regardless of how aesthetically displeasing it is, the real issue is that they wasted time & resources on this instead of something of more importance.
The label will not become a deal breaker for me. I'm still going to use their service. I would have preferred the release have been web based stuff.
Post 161 IP   flag post
Collector Bluespeyer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
that magic 10 digit number we all value so much.

Your sisters phone number?

LOL
Post 162 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Fixed. *blushes* (I am an only child)
Post 163 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

I have read this more than once and I have to disagree with the idea that time spent on the label and logo redesign resulted in lost time across the entire CBCS continuum. There is more than one soldier in the CBCS barracks.

Obviously, there wasn't an enormous amount of time spent on label design. If there was, it was indeed wasted. However, back to point. I'm fairly certain that the person involved in the label design wasn't the same person working on the data migration, the forum redesign, the census, the registry, and the myriad of other odds and ends that just happen to be the center of someone else's collecting universe.

I'm sure they thought it was a good idea, but with the cgc in a state of flux, I would have held on to the current design and given the floating collectors a recognizable port during the Death Slab shitstorm.
Post 164 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
When I said someone should be fired over this I should have been more succinct. The graphic designer should be fired over this.
Post 165 IP   flag post
Collector Captain_Aspirin private msg quote post Address this user
The email claims they have used the last of the old labels. That's disappointing. Why put this into production and then reveal that four days later?
Post 166 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWKyle
The label will not become a deal breaker for me. I'm still going to use their service. I would have preferred the release have been web based stuff.

They've not lost my business, but I no longer have faith that their priorities are in order.
Something as trivial as an ugly label is not a legitimate reason to not use the best service in the industry.
Post 167 IP   flag post
The thing I really notice is the shield actually looks more uniform on the slabs in the video than it does on the homepage. The homepage looks like they where trying to recreate that foil effect and it just looks off kilter.
Post 168 IP   flag post
Collector Mio private msg quote post Address this user
Sub-forums, finish data migration, registy, census, magazine slabs - all new things that should come before fiddling with something that already existed.

But they do listen, so hopefully the next announcement is some of this. And no need to build suspense - you set people up for disappointment.
Post 169 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
I have read this more than once and I have to disagree with the idea that time spent on the label and logo redesign resulted in lost time across the entire CBCS continuum. There is more than one soldier in the CBCS barracks.

Obviously workers in one segment don't have much to do with other segments, but I'm talking about the money used and the time the company heads spent discussing this project.
I consider this whole label debacle to have been a misuse of company resources.
Post 170 IP   flag post
Collector D84 private msg quote post Address this user
"Label debacle?" This is becoming the CGC forums with that level of hyperbole.
Post 171 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by D84
"Label debacle?" This is becoming the CGC forums with that level of hyperbole.

fiasco, failure, catastrophe, disaster, mess, ruin, foul-up, screw-up, hash, botch, washout, snafu
Post 172 IP   flag post
Well the value of old CBCS labels on ebay has just doubled.
Post 173 IP   flag post
The CGC thing lost them customers and probably a dip in business. The Aspen reissue will probably end up costing them a lot of money in sales in the long run. CBCS changing the label. I don't see this effecting their incoming or out going of books in any way. Would uproar about the CGC label have been as bad if the case wasn't flawed?
Post 174 IP   flag post
Collector Captain_Aspirin private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWKyle
The CGC thing lost them customers and probably a dip in business. The Aspen reissue will probably end up costing them a lot of money in sales in the long run. CBCS changing the label. I don't see this effecting their incoming or out going of books in any way. Would uproar about the CGC label have been as bad if the case wasn't flawed?

No, but even though the new CGC label isn't ideal, it is better looking to me. I have to assume I'm not alone with that opinion.
Post 175 IP   flag post
Well, I for one hope that this is the worst thing that ever happens at CBCS.
Post 176 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

I would have preferred a kick in the balls. At least after the initial pain, everything would have returned to the status quo.

That depends on how hard you are kicked.
Post 177 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If it had meant protecting the old label...
Post 178 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If it had meant protecting the old label...
Wow that's dedication so will this ball kicking be posted on youtube?
Post 179 IP   flag post
New label books have already hit ebay. So they already implemented this change and began shipping books out at least 2-3 days ago without announcing anything, without giving any choice to those customers. They waited until a Friday to drop this. Makes no sense. Did they hire a monkey to make decisions while Steve Borock was away?
Post 180 IP   flag post
598060 1176 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?