Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS GradedCBCS Original Art Program OAPCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSP

CBCS launches New Logo and Brand756

You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Curmudgeon
The loudest voice always wins.
Loudest voice = the one who submits the most books.

Well I have submitted over 600 do I get a voice?
Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector KenWorthing private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
Quote:
The loudest voice always wins.
Loudest voice = the one who submits the most books.

Well I have submitted over 600 do I get a voice?

.. did you shout loudly when you submitted those 600?
Post 102 IP   flag post
Collector Captain_Aspirin private msg quote post Address this user
All I'm saying is to not ignore your customers, like CGC, when an issue arises. I do not recall mentioning anything about damaging the comics.
Post 103 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Aspirin
All I'm saying is to not ignore your customers, like CGC, when an issue arises. I do not recall mentioning anything about damaging the comics.

Previous experience is the best indicator of future behavior. Are you aware of any instances where CBCS has ignored their customers? Or tried blaming CGC?? All I'm saying is don't make a nonissue an issue. I'm not aware of CBCS EVER ignoring their customer base. That has never been an issue.
Post 104 IP   flag post
Collector DannyBoy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
...don't CGC this and pretend nothing is wrong.

I can understand how people are upset over this change. I'm not exactly in love with it either, but REALLY?? How can you compare this to the CGC Frankenslab disaster? This all boils down to peoples opinion. There were no comics harmed in the changing of the label design. CBCS has ALWAYS been open to hearing both negative and positive feedback. Let's reel it in a bit.

We are all very grateful that you did not change the holder. This is no where near the magnitude of the 4/4/16 disaster. But seriously, you're a moderator and even YOU don't care for it.

I hope that CBCS will continue to listen to their customers, and offer some sort of compromise. For example, allowing us to select the "new" or "original" label when we submit books.

Your old label was absolutely perfect as-is.
Post 105 IP   flag post

Collector ThisLand private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

I can understand how people are upset over this change. I'm not exactly in love with it either, but REALLY?? How can you compare this to the CGC Frankenslab disaster? This all boils down to peoples opinion. There were no comics harmed in the changing of the label design. CBCS has ALWAYS been open to hearing both negative and positive feedback. Let's reel it in a bit.

I read his comment as a plea to CBCS not to ignore feedback or complaints from their customers. It was a legitimate and rational request. Reel it in? I like CBCS but let's not be apologists.
Post 106 IP   flag post
Collector Stelbert_Stylton private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
They did listen to the collectors, the label collectors.

Yup, the same people who are mad at Aspen 😄
Post 107 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Previous experience is the best indicator of future behavior. Are you aware of any instances where CBCS has ignored their customers? Or tried blaming CGC?? All I'm saying is don't make a nonissue an issue. I'm not aware of CBCS EVER ignoring their customer base. That has never been an issue.

People complaining the label looks cheap, amateurish and some threaten to give their business elsewhere. I state to handle this "In a more professional manner than CGC" and I have to tone it back? I respectfully disagree.
Post 108 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisLand
Quote:
Quote:

I read his comment as a plea to CBCS not to ignore feedback or complaints from their customers. It was a legitimate and rational request. Reel it in? I like CBCS but let's not be apologists.

I understand the intent, but to compare the leadership of CBCS to the leadership of CGC IS a bit of a slap in the face.
Post 109 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwenlocke_Variant
how about they do a multi design label and make a poll which one the consumer wants and go from there. Even better how about they do a contest on new labels and let us vote to which we would like to see on our case?

Yeah, they let people vote on the stupid CVA-type checkmark/asterisk thing, they should have a vote on labels too.
Post 110 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

This ain't Facebook 😁
Post 111 IP   flag post
Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelbert_Stylton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwenlocke_Variant
how about they do a multi design label and make a poll which one the consumer wants and go from there. Even better how about they do a contest on new labels and let us vote to which we would like to see on our case?

Yeah, they let people vote on the stupid CVA-type checkmark/asterisk thing, they should have a vote on labels too.

Is CVA still around?
Post 112 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I understand the intent, but to compare the leadership of CBCS to the leadership of CGC IS a bit of a slap in the face.

Recently a comic grading company updated a product that was "ill received" by customers. More recently, a comic grading company updated a product that was "ill received" by customers. This is not a personal attack by any means.
Post 113 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

How so?
Post 114 IP   flag post
Just a good example to step above the competition in this specific instance.
Post 115 IP   flag post
@Stelbert_Stylton I'm NOT playing your game today Stu.

@Captain_Aspirin I understand your intent and the basis for your request, I just found it in bad taste to compare a company that strives to listen to their customer to one that has proven it could care less. I will admit I may have overreacted a bit. But to me, the differences in companies is LARGELY visible by the way they handle their customers and are attentive to the desires of the community. Just my take on the whole thing.
Post 116 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
I think some of the reaction is a bit over the top.

Myself I am more concerned about things like my submission meeting it's stated turnaround times (by my count that SHOULD be today) or a census, or a registry, or an improved forum.
Post 117 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Those rivets are so ugly. Seriously someone should be fired over this.

CBCS, were you feeling so sorry for Aspen that you felt you'd take some heat off them by doing something even stupider?

+1
Post 118 IP   flag post
Collector D84 private msg quote post Address this user
I don't get the hatred of the new label. It's not perfect, but you guys are reacting like they killed your child.
Post 119 IP   flag post
Collector Thanos_of_Titan private msg quote post Address this user
Here's what I think it comes down to.

Was the old label design terrible? No but it wasn't that great from a design standpoint. However, this new design is at least 3 steps backwards design wise.

One thing I am certain of is that is was not designed by a professional designer with years of experience. No designer these days would use terrible textures and the PhotoShop emboss effect on a serious branding job...it's just not what is considered good design these days. This is the work of someone who isn't a pro designer but thinks they can do it all...well, that's not how it works.

I know nothing about plastics, so I'm not qualified to give any advice in that area, but I am a 14+ year graphic designer and the facts are that this is bad design.

Now, if you like it fine. But it would never be considered good designed. It's dated. It's sad because I felt CBCS was really closing in on CGC. I switched from CGC because CBCS had a much better product/service by comparison. This will hurt business. I won't submit anything with this label in play.
Post 120 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Here's what it comes down to for me. I prefer the old label.
That being said, there's been a fair amount of people saying they didn't like the old label for a while now. There is even a thread talking about how / why CBCS should change the label. CBCS made a change. They said they made the change because they "listened" to us. It's been a great company so far so I'll take them at their word. Honestly, I'm much more concerned with (1) getting the right grade on my books (2) getting my books put into a slab that doesn't damage them. My books and I are staying with CBCS.
Post 121 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
As someone who specializes in logo design and branding, I do not care for the logo and new header cards. Sorry, as a professional graphic designer, you "could do better".
Post 122 IP   flag post
Collector Mijael private msg quote post Address this user
I love it you have green light CBCS thank you !
Post 123 IP   flag post
Collector ThisLand private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by D84
I don't get the hatred of the new label. It's not perfect, but you guys are reacting like they killed your child.

You're right some of the reaction is a bit extreme. Don't you think you could have articulated that in a less extreme way?
Post 124 IP   flag post
Collector Thanos_of_Titan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
As someone who specializes in logo design and branding, I do not care for the logo and new header cards. Sorry, as a professional graphic designer, you "could do better".

100% Agree!
Post 125 IP   flag post
Collector Mathyus_42 private msg quote post Address this user
I like it. In some aspects yes, it could be a little better. However, I do not think everyone will ever be happy with anything. I have seen people saying to change them, so they did. They modified the thing, to look newer, and bold. I am glad the 50+ books in right now will get them, as well as the to groups going in later this year. I like them, and that is all I am worried about. They will look snazzy hanging on my wall. On a more important note.. Thank you CBCS for always keeping my books safe before, and after being places in your case.
Post 126 IP   flag post
Collector matterus023 private msg quote post Address this user
My only advice to CBCS would be in the future USE your fans, comic collectors, dealers, forum members etc etc when it comes to certain changes. Especially the aesthetics of a label. Some people are a tad bit over the top but all CBCS needs to do is not take it personally and take the statements for what they are.

I am sure CBCS had many involved in the make up of the new label but you can reach thousands of your customers with just one post on here before you commit
Post 127 IP   flag post
Collector Mio private msg quote post Address this user
Indeed there is a thread about getting a new label, so CBCS did listen. Ideally they would have kept listening and tested a few re-designs in a poll here.
Now all three (CBCS, CGC and PGX) have uggy labels. And since two of them are brand new, we are stuck with them for, presumably, years.
I won't say I will not submit books because of it, but I can see some people doing so.
For the love of Crom, please put a poll on the boards for your next change.

(also, the two week suspense building was gratuitous, and a bit of a let-down)
Post 128 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio

This so much!
Post 129 IP   flag post
Collector matterus023 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio
Indeed there is a thread about getting a new label, so CBCS did listen. Ideally they would have kept listening and tested a few re-designs in a poll here.
Now all three (CBCS, CGC and PGX) have uggy labels. And since two of them are brand new, we are stuck with them for, presumably, years.
I won't say I will not submit books because of it, but I can see some people doing so.
For the love of Crom, please put a poll on the boards for your next change.

In my eyes this is easily rectifiable. Agreed that I have no idea just how much time and money they have invested in this label or how much it could/would interrupt the running of the company but......

...just as you said Mio put a post on here asking for people's feedback over say a week. If 85% dislike it then you have your answer. Scrap it keep the old label and work towards a new label that say 75% on here will like and get behind.

This will show that CBCS are willing to accept that they are more than willing to listen and also accept and learn that you should ALWAYS include your customers on a change like this. So far I have no problem with CBCS and their customer service and the way they have approached hurdles in their way. But seriously CBCS you should of included your customers and always should in the future with decisions like this.
Post 130 IP   flag post
601333 1176 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?