Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS GradedCBCS Original Art Program OAPCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSP

CBCS launches New Logo and Brand756

You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yup
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
Who cares if they fixed their problems. After a long denial and any transparency by them to customers people have moved on from cgc. Now they can feel what it's like to be second in the industry, probably the way pgx felt before cbcs came along. I know I can't wait to get cgc books and reslab them in cbcs cases.

You are delusional, lol!

Ok I'll bite. How's that?
Post 1101 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yup
Quote:
Who cares if they fixed their problems. After a long denial and any transparency by them to customers people have moved on from cgc. Now they can feel what it's like to be second in the industry, probably the way pgx felt before cbcs came along. I know I can't wait to get cgc books and reslab them in cbcs cases.

You are delusional, lol!

It was Stu. That account is now banned.
Post 1102 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icandothisallday
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yup
Quote:

You are delusional, lol!

Keep on polishing them turds Earthy!

c'mon Stu. you know I can't polish you anymore and make you any better. Once a turd always turd. Sure I can make you look a little better, but the smell will always show your true identity.
Post 1103 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icandothisallday
That is the lamest comeback I have ever heard.

Actually, what you just said is. Think about it.
Post 1104 IP   flag post
Hmmmm
Post 1105 IP   flag post

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Hmmmm

Yeah ... guys like Stu slowly sap all the fun out of being a mod!!!
Post 1106 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
Hmmmm

What's up with him. Why so angry. PM if you like
Post 1107 IP   flag post
Collector mgonzal2010 private msg quote post Address this user
This forum has gone from Brand/Logo -> Slabs -> Talking Smack to each other? I hope we can get back to the main topic again and see what is going to come from CBCS about their new logo and labels?
Post 1108 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Hmmmm

:shrug:
We haven't had any problems with him, but then we're not a $$$ site and have many fewer members (mostly raw collectors- no dealers or flippers). And we've never deleted or censored his opinions, so there's also that.
Post 1109 IP   flag post
Collector svgcomics181 private msg quote post Address this user
@mgonzal2010 good point, i have plenty of books to grade, just waitingbon a new and better looking label, interesting how pgx, cgc, pgx all have ugly labels at thr same time, lol suprised PGX doesnt take advantage of this and make a new label for themselves, they label hasnt changed at all
Post 1110 IP   flag post
@svgcomics181 I agree, I am surprised that PGX hasn't jumped on the bandwagon and make something that everyone would like! Problem is, their rep isn't that great as far as the grading goes (at least from what I've read)? Also, I'm unfamiliar with the quality of their slabs? Really though, my biggest concern is preserving the quality of my books. The label doesn't bother me too much, and I don't see that affecting the value of the books down the road either. I'll take quality any day over aesthetics!

If and when the new label/logo comes out, there is the option of reslabbing...but that comes at a cost not only for the slab but the grade as well. So if you are definitely not a fan of the logo/label then hold out. The thing you have to consider is, how fast would this turn around take (weeks, months, years)? Not sure how many people will have the patience waiting on that. Food for thought.
Post 1111 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibor
Quote:
Quote:
Hmmmm

This ain't Facebook Skipper, get used to a real board since you've never been on the CGC board.

That's it I can't take it anymore. I am giving all my comics away and going to collect stamps. Ofcourse, I'll be cracking all comics out of cases and keeping all the labels. Nobody gets my labels bruhahaha!!!!
Post 1112 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
@earthshaker01 But I will pay you big money for the labels! Are you sure you don't want to sell?
Post 1113 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxbladder
@earthshaker01 But I will pay you big money for the labels! Are you sure you don't want to sell?

I wouldn't know where to begin on a price. Due to the level of discussion about them, it is quite apparent they hold way more value than the books. I mean can't be too many labels out there that would read for example "Action Comics #1" you know what I mean. Lol
Post 1114 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
When you are sealing something in a plastic case where the only things you can see are the front cover, the back cover , and the label, then yes, the design and aesthetics of the label carry a lot of weight. Otherwise, why wouldn't I just leave the book in a Mylar?
Post 1115 IP   flag post
Hmmm...Aesthetics vs. Quality...I'm at a tough call here guys!
Post 1116 IP   flag post
There's no reason one can't have both.
Post 1117 IP   flag post
Just started my own business. I will be selling collectible labels, encased in a mini slab.
Post 1118 IP   flag post
@DrWatson true, I guess right now we are just sitting at a dilemma. CGC (decent label, poor cases) or CBCS (unfavored label, amazing cases).

CBCS!!! Please provide us an update with your business strategy so we don't have to complain anymore!
Post 1119 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgonzal2010
CBCS!!! Please provide us an update with your business strategy so we don't have to complain anymore!

That plateau will never be reached.
Post 1120 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgonzal2010

That plateau will never be reached.

Keyword "Update"
Post 1121 IP   flag post
Collector Mijael private msg quote post Address this user
The label is the least of the problems ...

clickable text
Post 1122 IP   flag post
Collector ThisLand private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mijael
The label is the least of the problems ...

clickable text

What am I missing?
Post 1123 IP   flag post
Evidently, he doesn't believe the book is worthy of a 4.0 grade.
Post 1124 IP   flag post
Collector ThisLand private msg quote post Address this user
Clickable text

I dunno. This book doesn't look much better. Same grade by CGC.
Post 1125 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Just started my own business. I will be selling collectible labels, encased in a mini slab.

Sweet! I got a cool cross section of CBCS and CGC labels.

You better have an awesome label though or I may have to start up my own label slabbing service (LSS).
Post 1126 IP   flag post
Collector sterlingcomics private msg quote post Address this user
I see there's more problems with the company's lack of robust board software and lack of a census as more pressing issues. Yeah, the label looks like it can be improved. And maybe their problem is actually listening to customers who don't know what makes a good company brand.

I like looking up books, and I like my inventory being in a set not only to show off but to help me keep me straight.

In my opinion, get CORE functionality competition has, and do it better. Then come back and solve this label problem once and for all. The company label looks too big on the label, and the fonts size and placement is a little off. But please, don't listen to me because I'm not a trained graphics art professional.
Post 1127 IP   flag post
Collector jakecaputo private msg quote post Address this user
It's been about 45 days since the new design was rolled out. Has CBCS given an official response yet?
Post 1128 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
There was one response that basically just said "we hear you, we are going to talk about it internally and we'll let you know." right before SDCC. Then at SDCC they slipped out a photo (via a board member) of a prototype newer new label. And there hasn't been any peep since.
Post 1129 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Peep.

We're working on it. Hopefully it won't be much longer.
Expect to hear something in the coming weeks.
Post 1130 IP   flag post
601341 1176 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?