Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS GradedCBCS Original Art Program OAPCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSP

CBCS launches New Logo and Brand756

Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenWorthing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
There may be some people who are satisfied with only the grade/verification service, and for them the contract is fulfilled. Just like there may be some who are satisfied with the new label. But others will object to the changed terms, and will consider the new terms a material change. And I think the legal requirements of contract law will support their position.

I'm .. not .. so .. sure. The original material has not been changed at all and how the company presents the final product to the customer is totally down to them.

Hi, Ken. In this context, "material" just means "meaningful; something that matters." It's not talking about what the slab is actually made of.

Thanks.
Post 1051 IP   flag post
Collector KenWorthing private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenWorthing
Quote:
There may be some people who are satisfied with only the grade/verification service, and for them the contract is fulfilled. Just like there may be some who are satisfied with the new label. But others will object to the changed terms, and will consider the new terms a material change. And I think the legal requirements of contract law will support their position.

I'm .. not .. so .. sure. The original material has not been changed at all and how the company presents the final product to the customer is totally down to them.

Hi, Ken. In this context, "material" just means "meaningful; something that matters." It's not talking about what the slab is actually made of.

Thanks.

Fair enough. .. but I don't think anyone has a leg to stand on, if coming at it from a legal point of view.

I think we should all count ourselves lucky that CBCS are even willing to re-think the label. .. and that .. is where I shall leave it
Post 1052 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by D84
I can't believe people are talking about a legal case over a surprise label change. The sense of entitlement is becoming comedic.

This, all day, every day. What a joke.

I bet if CBCS announced free slabbing to everyone 'holding back' due to these Satan-spawned labels, opinions would suddenly change.

If they are going to bother with the label again, hopefully they do put out a poll. I'd hate to see all the butthurt threads crying, "But they didn't ask MMMMEEEEEEEE!"
Post 1053 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
I've been a pretty harsh critic about all of this, but I think taking a legal angle is taking it a bit too far. However, I think the question is was this a good business decision to not take in consideration about how your customers would react to such a change, especially to those customers that already had orders in? For whatever reason, it is obvious there was a total assumption by CBCS this new label would be well received overall. Instead, at least for some of us, this roll out and how it was handled has been perceived as an inconsiderate detachment toward their customers, not well planned or thought out, exacerbated by the recent debacle over at the competition.
Post 1054 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Do we need to post this again

Post 1055 IP   flag post

You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1056 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
Do we need to post this again

No
Post 1057 IP   flag post
All this label talk has got me and my girl stressed out so she sent me this. She be right on target.

Post 1058 IP   flag post
Collector CCD private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

If only.
Post 1059 IP   flag post
Collector press_the_issue private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverage_shane
I liked the old label. It was distinctly different and you could spot a CBCS slab from across the con floor. Can it be revisited? I know it's impossible to please everyone. I liked the old label, however I felt it was seemed a little faded. Keep the same color schemes, just make it a little deeper in color tone. Also the font of the grade could've used a change. And I do like the new holofoil shield (but without the rivets and brushed metal look). So if they went back to the old label, with deeper color tone, font change on the grade, and added the new holofoil shield. I think that would be perfect. Just my opinion. I do believe in this company. I know it is the best protection for books with true archival quality. CBCS do have the collector's best interest at heart regarding comic book protection, indefinitely.

I like it!
Post 1060 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1061 IP   flag post
Are you saying we should take this horse to a rendering plant?
Post 1062 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foghorn_Sam
I've been a pretty harsh critic about all of this, but I think taking a legal angle is taking it a bit too far.

I absolutely agree. Just to be perfectly clear, I have zero interest in taking the legal angle, and assume everyone else does, too (including CBCS). It's a real pain in the rear, dealing even with small claims court. I would be very surprised if it got even close to that point. Especially since CBCS has such a great reputation and are bending over backwards (from what I've seen) trying to address this issue.

No my point was just to summarize the legal angle as I see it - what contract law means and so forth, and how that might come into play. I mean, think about it ... this forum is not just for customers, but also for CBCS who presumably are reading everything here (or at least, can read it). So all that before was just for informational purposes, to add to the discussion. I don't think anyone truly wants to go that route; and if everyone is on the same page, then I think it is, if anything, even less likely.
Post 1063 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
If you don't like the new label, then follow this formula:

Don't submit books + Cancel current orders = No more twisty angst.

Reholder Corollary:

Have any books that do not apply to the above formula reholdered when the FUBARed label is replaced with something more... tenable.

Bonus:

1) Most overused word of the decade = entitlement.

2) Most overused phrase of the decade = first world problems.

3) Most overused phrase for this thread = beating a dead horse.
Post 1064 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson but entitlement has great validity in so many areas of life now. So I will continue to use it. You entitled to disagree though
Post 1065 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

Reholder Corollary:

Have any books that do not apply to the above formula reholdered when the FUBARed label is replaced with something more... tenable.

Bonus:

Post 1066 IP   flag post
Collector DannyBoy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Reholder Corollary:

Bonus:

Fixed that for you...

Post 1067 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBoy
Quote:
Quote:

Reholder Corollary:

Bonus:

Fixed that for you...

Seems more complete now love it.
Post 1068 IP   flag post
Collector zosocane private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foghorn_Sam
I've been a pretty harsh critic about all of this, but I think taking a legal angle is taking it a bit too far.

X 1,000.
Post 1069 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
I wish the biggest thing I had to worry about in my life was a label.
Post 1070 IP   flag post
Collector mgonzal2010 private msg quote post Address this user
I wonder...if you get your books graded with this "ugly" label and then within the year it changes? Do you think this will make your slabs worth more, because there were a limited print run LOL!!!! Think about that!

P.S.
I really don't care right now since I have no submissions HA! Nothing like being the new kid!
Post 1071 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgonzal2010
I wonder...if you get your books graded with this "ugly" label and then within the year it changes? Do you think this will make your slabs worth more, because there were a limited print run LOL!!!! Think about that!

Yes, 10-20-30 years from now, label collecting will be a lucrative hobby unto itself.
Post 1072 IP   flag post
Collector mgonzal2010 private msg quote post Address this user
@Foghorn_Sam, Maybe it'll pay for my grandkids college
Post 1073 IP   flag post
Collector Evangelon private msg quote post Address this user
You may be on to something, some collectors already actively seek out the old CGC labels, why not the even rarer CBCS rivet label from the Era when Americans selected Trump and Clinton as the two most qualified people to run the country and life only had purpose in finding Pokémon.
Post 1074 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelon
You may be on to something, some collectors already actively seek out the old CGC labels, why not the even rarer CBCS rivet label from the Era when Americans selected Trump and Clinton as the two most qualified people to run the country and life only had purpose in finding Pokémon.

This is where we're heading:

Post 1075 IP   flag post
Collector Cmonman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Well, they're not actually collecting the label, of course. To some the old label indicates a book that is undergraded and less likely to have been pressed. People buy old label CGC books for the CPR potential.
Post 1076 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmonman
Quote:

Well, they're not actually collecting the label, of course. To some the old label indicates a book that is undergraded and less likely to have been pressed. People buy old label CGC books for the CPR potential.

Nooooo waaaaaay, never thought of that before! Old labels, gimme, gimme, gimme.
Post 1077 IP   flag post
Collector svgcomics181 private msg quote post Address this user
I dont see why anyone thing the original cgc labels would be collectibles, looks like somethibg a 8 years can make, even cgc offered free label swap for no extra charge other then shipping fee
Post 1078 IP   flag post
Collector Cmonman private msg quote post Address this user
As I said two posts above:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmonman
Quote:

Post 1079 IP   flag post
Collector Mio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by svgcomics181
I dont see why anyone thing the original cgc labels would be collectibles, looks like somethibg a 8 years can make, even cgc offered free label swap for no extra charge other then shipping fee

The second generation CGC labels were much better, then worse again with generation three. CBCS skipped a step and just made them worse.
Post 1080 IP   flag post
601264 1176 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?