Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS GradedCBCS Original Art Program OAPCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSP

CBCS launches New Logo and Brand756

Collector ThisLand private msg quote post Address this user
Post 1001 IP   flag post
Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick
I would love to wrap this label bs up so cbcs can focus on slabbing magazine size books or fixing the forums.That's something the people could really get behind.

Boy, that would be nice. I just would like to know what their plans are, so I can move forward. I know I am not the only one.
Post 1002 IP   flag post
Collector monks private msg quote post Address this user
I'm sorry, but the new label design is a total mess. The font, layout, and color seem very juvenile-crayolaish of a design. Rivets, really? C'mon guys! The old label is much cleaner, brighter and overall looks a lot more professional. Please leave it alone.
Post 1003 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Ok here's a new question. I can understand them wanting to blow through their label stock. But why are they still using the fonts and negative space layout? All of that is printed on the fly. Why not just apply the font and layout changes from the SDCC prototype to the remaining rivet stock???
Post 1004 IP   flag post
Collector roarzola private msg quote post Address this user
Ok, got my books back with the new label. I have to admit, the rivets, don't bother me. What actually hurts to look at is the print, which is really small and the font for the grade. "9" look really weird with it.
Post 1005 IP   flag post

Collector Evangelon private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by svgcomics181
here a comparison of the same book with old & new label, how does anyone think the newer ones look superior???

Is there someone? Doubtful outside of the guy that approved this eyesore.
Post 1006 IP   flag post
Collector Mijael private msg quote post Address this user
Funny, the problem with CBCS is that they dont have the same resell prices as CGC so they decide to create a new label that looks ugly and cheaper
Post 1007 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Clearly, they were sabotaged.
Post 1008 IP   flag post
Collector BronzeAgeBaby private msg quote post Address this user

messing with a holofoil type deal
Post 1009 IP   flag post
Collector silverage_shane private msg quote post Address this user
I was told that a change will occur before the end of the year. To what, I do not know. But rest assured. These labels will be changed.
Post 1010 IP   flag post
Before the end of the YEAR???

Post 1011 IP   flag post
Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBCS_ATW
I was told that a change will occur before the end of the year. To what, I do not know. But rest assured. These labels will be changed.

End of the year. Sigh
Post 1012 IP   flag post
Collector DannyBoy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinzebac
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBCS_ATW

End of the year. Sigh

I don't necessarily look at this time-frame as bad news. To me, it indicates that they are doing the right thing by outsourcing their graphic brand standards to a professional design firm.

Keep in mind that this is much more than a logo and a label. It will effect every type of marketing communication including the website, all advertisements, electronic newsletters, t-shirts, etc.

The last thing they should do is "hurry up" and tweak the label on the fly. I'd rather wait a little longer for something excellent rather than rush something that's slightly better, but still substandard.
Post 1013 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio
Please, guys, hurry up and upgrade the label. I have 18 of my best books with you right now (that I sent before the spontaneous swtich) and I really do not want the tacky rivet version atop them.

I just want some official announcement, so that I really will know if they are going with the prototype label or not.

Seriously - not the biggest fanof the prototype, but it is miles ahead of the rivet version (that looks hideous on GA and SA books in particular).

I totally agree.

The prototype is better, but it's still not good enough to win over my business. It has to be as professional as the old brand - or better.
Post 1014 IP   flag post
Collector silverage_shane private msg quote post Address this user
I say, take as long as they need to create an excellent new label. But, they should stop using the rivets label and go back to using the old label for the interim. I know blowing out the rivets stock is important. But not as important as the reality of losing customers or putting off potential ones. Which is exactly what is happening. I firmly believe and know that their plastic and encapsulation process is the best protection for books. But collectors are aesthetic creatures. It has to be visually appealing and professional. I believe in this company. But they are losing customers, business, and money because of the rivets label. I think going back to the old label for the interim would weather the storm a bit, and it would actually give them more time to create THE label, rather than rush the process.
Post 1015 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverage_shane
I say, take as long as they need to create an excellent new label. But, they should stop using the rivets label and go back to using the old label for the interim. I know blowing out the rivets stock is important. But not as important as the reality of losing customers or putting off potential ones. Which is exactly what is happening. I firmly believe and know that their plastic and encapsulation process is the best protection for books. But collectors are aesthetic creatures. It has to be visually appealing and professional. I believe in this company. But they are losing customers, business, and money because of the rivets label. I think going back to the old label for the interim would weather the storm a bit, and it would actually give them more time to create THE label, rather than rush the process.

+1
Post 1016 IP   flag post
Collector FrankCastle129 private msg quote post Address this user
How much could these paper labels cost each? The paper is so thin and it's torn or cut apart by a first grader. So everyone's thought is to blow through them and let someone else get stuck with them, sounds rough, I just got 14 of the hideous things. I want to know if they're goin to give a discount for reslabbing them, CS told me no. They gave a 20% discount to CGC customers for their mistake. It seems CBCS is just trying to get the fast buck right now.

Here's an idea send an email to those with books in grading stating we will be changing labels if they want the rivets, they will be sent out, if not we will hold yours for a few weeks. Continue grading with no slabbing. Then hold a vote on three new labels for a week. Give a 50% discount for reslabbing the rivet label. Then start slabbing those that they've been holding in grading, while the reslabs and new orders are put into the system. I'm pretty sure new submissions have gone down since the new label came out.

And 1 last thing burn the rivet labels and throw the ashes in the ocean. Take the loss on the paper.
Post 1017 IP   flag post
Collector Evangelon private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverage_shane
That's great, but does nothing for the 20 books I've had down there since May, bastards!
Post 1018 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Before the end of the YEAR???

LOL

Technically that could be tomorrow.
Post 1019 IP   flag post
Collector MetalPSI private msg quote post Address this user
1st world comic book nerd problems.
Post 1020 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1021 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Well, I'm at the point of catatonia from growling ad nauseam on the topic. I'm pretty sure that everyone's hissing-fits have been heard by now. Even my sharpened claws are dulled from relentless typing about the label conundrum. To say the least, the situation is bemewsing.

CGC won't be getting any new label business from me and the jury is still out on CBCS designs. I'm not kitten around.

In respect to my own collection I've drawn a line and hopeful that CBCS will stay on the right side of it. I'm looking for the classiest presentation available for high grade books (pedigrees, esp.) and the label is an important part of that presentation. I want cream, not litter and no cover-ups.

The redesign doesn't have to be purrfect (satisfying every cat's taste is nearly impossible), but my nostalgia for older labels grows daily and life is too short for hairballs.

Post 1022 IP   flag post
Collector svgcomics181 private msg quote post Address this user
i think CGC should follow as well, i dont like their newer label cause the grade box is over-sized, so i tweeked it to look more balanced with a smaller box and moved the text up alittle, now it looks better, other then their botched cases

Post 1023 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by svgcomics181
i think CGC should follow as well, i dont like their newer label cause the grade box is over-sized, so i tweeked it to look more balanced with a smaller box and moved the text up alittle, now it looks better, other then their botched cases

This design works better for CGC although I'm hoping they'll move to a slightly less ambitious grade font (dark gray) that won't distract from the comic.

Unfortunately, CGC has elected to double-down on their unpopular new label (associated with the defective holder design).
Post 1024 IP   flag post
I'm considering two new companies for my grading and encapsulation services: Poise or Zantac...

Post 1025 IP   flag post
Ok, I'll ask this again, and this is meant for the CBCS staff. Even if you guys are deciding to blow through the rivet paper stock, why haven't you changed the font and layout to the SDCC protype font and layout which looked vastly superior?

Any part of the label that's not preprinted should not be delayed on getting upgraded to a better appearance. I can fully understand burning through the stock from a financial aspect, but doubling down on the rest of it makes no sense when you've already displayed a superior font and layout that's ready to go.

Also we have been waiting two weeks for an official response on what is going to be done and how long it's going to take to happen. You have natives who are getting restless, and you are loosing money each day that passes. I personally, have over 80 books and growing that I was hoping to get slabbed before the end of the year. As 95% percent of these are to stay in my collection, and will be displayed in my home I really do care how the presentation of the books will look.

If you plan to keep the rivets going for the rest of the year fine, just tell us that so we can make informed decisions about what to do with our collections. At least if I know how long it's going to take I can start submitting books I wish to sell while waiting for the labels to run out. I'm really looking forward to getting this train rolling again.
Post 1026 IP   flag post
Collector MegaMatt private msg quote post Address this user
I don't think I've ever checked into a forum as often as I have to this! I also have about 35 books waiting for grading and I'm really concerned about the current labels. From what I was told, the new labels will go out as soon as they return from an outside company that produces them. I was told that there are few tweaks taking place and it could be as soon as a few weeks to as long (as others have mentioned) as a few months. They cannot hold orders to "wait" for the new labels and they will not replace the current labels with new ones for free. I sent in my books with the intention of getting the original labels, so it definitely sucks that I'm stuck with a product I do not want. If I can urge the powers that be to help with this by providing some news and maybe even options for those who are currently getting graded, it would really really be appreciated. I realize that this isn't considered super important, but to those like me who sent their best books in and have invested a large amount of time and money into it, it's really super stressful. Thanks! Crossing fingers that CBCS continues with their reputation as being a responsive and customer friendly company.
Post 1027 IP   flag post
Collector Johnjakewish private msg quote post Address this user
I reached out to customer service and they stated that there is no timetable or guarantee for a new label. I asked to place my order on hold and was informed that I cannot do that. cbcs did say that I can pay to have my books reholdered "if" a new label comes out. They will, however, let me cancel my order. I would be out around $100 for shipping so I'm not sure how I'm going to proceed. I'm disappointed that they will not allow me to put my order on hold.
Post 1028 IP   flag post
Collector Kinsella5 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnjakewish
I reached out to customer service and they stated that there is no timetable or guarantee for a new label. I asked to place my order on hold and was informed that I cannot do that. cbcs did say that I can pay to have my books reholdered "if" a new label comes out. They will, however, let me cancel my order. I would be out around $100 for shipping so I'm not sure how I'm going to proceed. I'm disappointed that they will not allow me to put my order on hold.

Did you send your comics in to be graded before or after they debuted the new label? I have to assume you sent them in before and if that was the case, I would think that CBCS would reach out to everyone who had books there at their facility before the new labels were announced and offer to them free return shipping of the books back so the customers could then wait until a different label debuts, when/if that happens. I can't see CBCS holding books for everyone, that would take up room and I suspect storage space is at a premium And if something was to happen in the meantime, it holds them responsible. Their job is to receive, grade, and ship them back, holding them for an undetermined amount of time I can't see being possible.

I would admit that if I had sent my books in and a new label debuted, and I didn't care for it, I would not be overly thrilled. I do realize companies are free to do as they please and changes do occur without notice, but at the same time when it is something of mine that I may or may not be keeping or displaying, the label design is important and if I submitted books under the belief that it would have a certain "look" to them (i.e. the previous label) only to find that they will have a different look announced after I sent them in, I would feel a bit disappointed to say the least.

I am one of the very few people who has never submitted a book for grading. I have sat on the fence for a very long time, being extremely anti-slabbing for a long time and didn't see the point, until CBCS came along and I started to speak to a number of friends who went with them but also with CGC. It is not a question of whom will get my business, CBCS has that locked down in my book, but its now a question of "when" I have enjoyed reading the forums on this site topic as well but also on the CGC board, some very good people on both, but CBCS won me over.

I do hope a new label is under consideration, and if they are working on that, perhaps they can narrow it down to three choices and have the customers vote on what looks the best however I realize you can't please everyone. In the meantime, the bulk of my collection will remain raw, I have waited this long, I can wait a bit longer.
Post 1029 IP   flag post
Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
I'll happily take the new label if it means I will be moved to the front of line
Post 1030 IP   flag post
601338 1176 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?