Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS GradedCBCS Original Art Program OAPCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSP

CBCS launches New Logo and Brand756

Collector RHall1101 private msg quote post Address this user
While the 'new' label isn't perfect, companies rebrand themselves all the time. I'm just excited that my books have done to QC and hopefully will slide through the rest of the process easily. I only have seven books currently in the system, so if CBCS comes out with something better I can always send them in for reholding.
Post 976 IP   flag post
Collector Evangelon private msg quote post Address this user
I was told by Customer service that the New, new labels will begin once the supply of new labels runs out. The only thing not working for me with that prototype is the way the white fades to blue and back. Looks like a 70's tydied T-shirt
Post 977 IP   flag post
Collector RHall1101 private msg quote post Address this user
It's retro
Post 978 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco4000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Quote:
I've recently decided to try out CBCS after all of the great things I had read and just sent in my books to be graded before I heard about the new label It's not the worst thing in the world but I do wish it looked better. I was even fine with the label before this one.

What did the SDCC prototype label look like?

It's... better. But it still feels like there is too much going on. I would take that over the new label any day though.

Post 979 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelon
I was told by Customer service that the New, new labels will begin once the supply of new labels runs out. The only thing not working for me with that prototype is the way the white fades to blue and back. Looks like a 70's tydied T-shirt

Well if this is the case then they need to make an official statement soon and let us know what's going on, how large the supply is and when they estimate it running out. There's quite a few of us who are holding back submissions because of the FrankenRivet.
Post 980 IP   flag post

Collector akionabr private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I've recently decided to try out CBCS after all of the great things I had read and just sent in my books to be graded before I heard about the new label It's not the worst thing in the world but I do wish it looked better. I was even fine with the label before this one.

What did the SDCC prototype label look like?

It's... better. But it still feels like there is too much going on. I would take that over the new label any day though.

This is hilarious!
Post 981 IP   flag post
No sdccProtolabel news yet?

Post 982 IP   flag post
Collector Maverick private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
No sdccProtolabel news yet?

Nothing, getting the silent treatment from Customer Service right now on an ETA. Really looking to get my books or my money back.
Post 983 IP   flag post
Collector Evangelon private msg quote post Address this user
On a positive note CBCS will have on-site grading at the Tampa Bay Comic Con. Nevermind those books that have been sitting around a couple months longer than advertised. At least it'll help get rid of those horrid labels.
Post 984 IP   flag post
Collector Quaid private msg quote post Address this user
I do not know a single person who likes the new labels. I'm not a fan of the rivets or the faded color but I especially can't stand the font for the grade. The number looks terrible. Please revamp these labels before my 12 books are encapsulated!
Post 985 IP   flag post
Collector Mio private msg quote post Address this user
Please, guys, hurry up and upgrade the label. I have 18 of my best books with you right now (that I sent before the spontaneous swtich) and I really do not want the tacky rivet version atop them.
Post 986 IP   flag post
Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio
Please, guys, hurry up and upgrade the label. I have 18 of my best books with you right now (that I sent before the spontaneous swtich) and I really do not want the tacky rivet version atop them.

I just want some official announcement, so that I really will know if they are going with the prototype label or not.
Post 987 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinzebac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio

I just want some official announcement, so that I really will know if they are going with the prototype label or not.

Seriously - not the biggest fanof the prototype, but it is miles ahead of the rivet version (that looks hideous on GA and SA books in particular).
Post 988 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio

Seriously - not the biggest fanof the prototype, but it is miles ahead of the rivet version (that looks hideous on GA and SA books in particular).

I totally agree.
Post 989 IP   flag post
Collector rckstr1253 private msg quote post Address this user
I think the last label show Is growing on me. I still like the original better but oh well.
Post 990 IP   flag post
Collector BronzeAgeBaby private msg quote post Address this user
Been posting on the FB page but have bee doing some label design messing ...

Post 991 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BronzeAgeBaby

Hahahahaha - now I know the identity of the BronzeAgeBaby!!!!

bwahahahahahaha!!!

BTW - great to see you here!!
Post 992 IP   flag post
Collector silverage_shane private msg quote post Address this user
I liked the old label. It was distinctly different and you could spot a CBCS slab from across the con floor. Can it be revisited? I know it's impossible to please everyone. I liked the old label, however I felt it was seemed a little faded. Keep the same color schemes, just make it a little deeper in color tone. Also the font of the grade could've used a change. And I do like the new holofoil shield (but without the rivets and brushed metal look). So if they went back to the old label, with deeper color tone, font change on the grade, and added the new holofoil shield. I think that would be perfect. Just my opinion. I do believe in this company. I know it is the best protection for books with true archival quality. CBCS do have the collector's best interest at heart regarding comic book protection, indefinitely.
Post 993 IP   flag post
Collector rckstr1253 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BronzeAgeBaby

I'd take that!
Post 994 IP   flag post
Collector svgcomics181 private msg quote post Address this user
here a comparison of the same book with old & new label, how does anyone think the newer ones look superior???

Post 995 IP   flag post
No.
Post 996 IP   flag post
Aweful.
Post 997 IP   flag post
Have they run out of the new labels yet? (Insert picture of me praying)
Post 998 IP   flag post
Quote:
Have they run out of the new labels yet? (Insert picture of me praying)

Idk still getting the silent treatment via customer service. When Zach asked me to wait back in july, when this whole thing started, I was thinking the week after sdcc I would hear/see something. A few weeks later we got nothing and I cant even get him to respond via email.

It seems like there might be some activity on their fb page but Im not sure since I dont use fb. An offical statement would be nice.
Post 999 IP   flag post
I would love to wrap this label bs up so cbcs can focus on slabbing magazine size books or fixing the forums.That's something the people could really get behind.
Post 1000 IP   flag post
Collector ThisLand private msg quote post Address this user
Post 1001 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick
I would love to wrap this label bs up so cbcs can focus on slabbing magazine size books or fixing the forums.That's something the people could really get behind.

Boy, that would be nice. I just would like to know what their plans are, so I can move forward. I know I am not the only one.
Post 1002 IP   flag post
Collector monks private msg quote post Address this user
I'm sorry, but the new label design is a total mess. The font, layout, and color seem very juvenile-crayolaish of a design. Rivets, really? C'mon guys! The old label is much cleaner, brighter and overall looks a lot more professional. Please leave it alone.
Post 1003 IP   flag post
Ok here's a new question. I can understand them wanting to blow through their label stock. But why are they still using the fonts and negative space layout? All of that is printed on the fly. Why not just apply the font and layout changes from the SDCC prototype to the remaining rivet stock???
Post 1004 IP   flag post
Collector roarzola private msg quote post Address this user
Ok, got my books back with the new label. I have to admit, the rivets, don't bother me. What actually hurts to look at is the print, which is really small and the font for the grade. "9" look really weird with it.
Post 1005 IP   flag post
601280 1176 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?