Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS GradedCBCS Original Art Program OAPCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSP

CBCS launches New Logo and Brand756

Collector bennyb86 private msg quote post Address this user
My bad, totally misunderstood what the CBCS rep was telling me about the new label. As far as I know according to my last contact, nothing is being with the new label right and all books are getting the "bolts and shield" label
Post 926 IP   flag post
Collector brianscotch private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyb86
My bad, totally misunderstood what the CBCS rep was telling me about the new label. As far as I know according to my last contact, nothing is being with the new label right and all books are getting the "bolts and shield" label

Oh great....
Post 927 IP   flag post
Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianscotch
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyb86

Oh great....

Thanks for the update.
Post 928 IP   flag post
Collector Mio private msg quote post Address this user
I have seen books on eBay that I want, now with the bolts and shield. The label is really terrible, esp. with the older books. I hate to say it, but they look more like something pgx would develop.
Post 929 IP   flag post
Collector Maverick private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinzebac
So now that SDCC is over, what is going to happen with the new label?

Emailed the other day. New new label is not even ready yet. All books are getting the frankenlabel 1.0. All my books are still on hold until I see something worth the money I spent on this product.
Post 930 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick
Quote:

Emailed the other day. New new label is not even ready yet. All books are getting the frankenlabel 1.0. All my books are still on hold until I see something worth the money I spent on this product.

Thanks. I have 3 books ready to go, but need to see the "newer" label first. I just wish we had some timeline.
Post 931 IP   flag post
Collector Maverick private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick
Quote:

Thanks. I have 3 books ready to go, but need to see the "newer" label first. I just wish we had some timeline.

I didnt really press them for a time frame. If you have books that havent shipped back yet I would think you could put them on hold also.

Im just glad I had the chance to put everything on hold. Before this whole label thing started I was getting my next 20-30 books ready to ship. Now Ill have to wait and see.
Post 932 IP   flag post
Collector Evangelon private msg quote post Address this user
Apparently bringing up the old label is now considered a microagression? It's probably because there's no need to open another thread on the subject. Maybe I could just post it here instead? Wonder how long before this will be deleted? Lol

Post 933 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
It's called beating a dead horse. The point has been made and answered. So what does bring it up, again, achieve?
Post 934 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Do we need to post this again?

Post 935 IP   flag post
Oh, so what was the official answer? They can't revert because of legality or is it simply an issue of pride?
Post 936 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxbladder
It's called beating a dead horse. The point has been made and answered. So what does bring it up, again, achieve?

This,
I haven't even looked in the 'New logo- not good' thread because I can't imagine anything new is in there. And what I don't read won't bug me.
The only reason I keep coming back here is because I've posted in the thread.
Really, that's not even a good enough reason.
Some like it, some don't. Change the label and I bet some will like it, and some won't.
Post 937 IP   flag post
@Evangelon nothing official but I would think that is it is a draw on finances to play around too much more and there are other things that are of much bigger significance to many other folks like a census, registry, website and forum fixes. To be blunt all of these other items mean more money than the losses they may take if people can't get over the label.

They spent cash to do the change and spending too much more is just going to ensure that other items people want are going to get delayed or, possibly, permanently shelved.
Post 938 IP   flag post
Collector Kinsella5 private msg quote post Address this user
While I am holding off to send books in until a different label comes out mainly because I don't care for the design, if that is even being considered by CBCS. I still feel we should give CBCS more time to address the issue, in the meantime, those who love the new label, continue to send your books in, those who don't, simply wait for an official word from CBCS. Life goes on....
Post 939 IP   flag post
Amen!
Post 940 IP   flag post
In the grand scheme of things it's not really a big deal, but "surprising" customers with a new label and appling it to orders that were already processing is unprofessional and reminiscent of the way CGC does business. The transparent and professional thing to do would have been to announce the new label, then apply it to orders processed after the date of announcement.
Post 941 IP   flag post
While I wouldn't go as far as saying unprofessional, ill advised is what I would say, I agree that it should have been announced. Collectors are an odd lot and very aesthetically motivated and messing with that is taking an unnecessary risk. Marketing a new service feature is what I would use to market the way they did.
Post 942 IP   flag post
Collector rckstr1253 private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone know the best way to contact cbcs? Do they answer emails more often than trying to call them or are they pretty good at answering phone calls? The reason I ask is I love their product and have an nyx3 graded by cgc in a green label that I want to convert to a red label with them. The only thing holding me back is their new label design. I know others have complained on here about it, and I don't want to repeat what others have already said, but I really can't get behind this new label. I understand it is only a label but I plan to keep this book in my personal collection and want to display it, but with the new label, it'd just be an eye sore for me. Anyway, I figure maybe if they get enough POLITE phone calls of concern about the new label, that maybe they can tweak it a little bit more. I'm sure there is a way to make it more eye appealing without huge drastic changes which may cut into their finances. I know a fellow board member on here showed his design for a new alternate label before cbcs announced their change, and it hit a lot of marks for eye appeal and still being classy in design.
Post 943 IP   flag post
They have a prototype (as you have mentioned). I do not know if the shown changes are what the actual final label will look like. In the meantime the new label is what you would get if you submit now. If you call them I think they would listen to any suggestions, within reason (and unless the new, new label has gone into production), and you might be able to get a timeline on when the new, new label is being released.
Post 944 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I held back submitting to see what the big announcement was, now I'm still holding back waiting to see what happens next. I'd bet a few others are doing the very same thing.
At the very least, it should do wonders for T-A-T's!
Post 945 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
I held back submitting to see what the big announcement was, now I'm still holding back waiting to see what happens next. I'd bet a few others are doing the very same thing.

You can count me in on the waiting crowd.
Post 946 IP   flag post
Collector DannyBoy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Me too.
Post 947 IP   flag post
The new, new label should be scratch and sniff! Old comic small
Post 948 IP   flag post
Collector DannyBoy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Evangelon nothing official but I would think that is it is a draw on finances to play around too much more and there are other things that are of much bigger significance to many other folks like a census, registry, website and forum fixes. To be blunt all of these other items mean more money than the losses they may take if people can't get over the label.

They spent cash to do the change and spending too much more is just going to ensure that other items people want are going to get delayed or, possibly, permanently shelved.

CBCS stands to lose a lot more cash with a poor graphic brand than they stand to gain with a census, registry and improved forum combined.

CBCS has their priorities straight and they are working on a new label.
Post 949 IP   flag post
My point was they don't have to work on a new label, they don't have to use resources or finances to make changes, they already have a winning label, the one they've used for the last few years. So they've legally rebranded their logo, slap the frigging shinny shield on the old label and call it a day. I really wonder what went behind this decision? Someone, with alot of pull made this choice, that much is obvious. CBCS usually doesn't operate without giving their customers full disclosure and notice on changes. Sounds to me it has something to do with legality, which demanded immediate change. "We heard you" doubt they were referring to the customers.
Post 950 IP   flag post
Okay. There has always been talk about the labels though. I have no clue how many people they talked to in person about it.
Post 951 IP   flag post
Collector ThisLand private msg quote post Address this user
@Evangelon I did hear (and see) some complaints from people about the original label. I don't know how vocal they were with CBCS at cons. I didn't love the original label myself but in hindsight it seems like a good design that could have just been cleaned up a bit.

I have no problem with their decision to re-design the label. Just could have been executed better. Both the design and the logistics of the switchover.
Post 952 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisLand
@Evangelon I did hear (and see) some complaints from people about the original label. I don't know how vocal they were with CBCS at cons. I didn't love the original label myself but in hindsight it seems like a good design that could have just been cleaned up a bit.

I have no problem with their decision to re-design the label. Just could have been executed better. Both the design and the logistics of the switchover.

This sums up my opinion much more succinctly.
Post 953 IP   flag post
Collector jakecaputo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBoy
Quote:
Quote:

Me too.

Ditto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBoy
Quote:

CBCS stands to lose a lot more cash with a poor graphic brand than they stand to gain with a census, registry and improved forum combined.

CBCS has their priorities straight and they are working on a new label.

Absolutely agree. If I were coming to CBCS for the first time right now, I'd see the label and immediately assume that they're not a serious company. Design conveys a lot, and poor design says "we're not trustworthy".
Post 954 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakecaputo
If I were coming to CBCS for the first time right now, I'd see the label and immediately assume that they're not a serious company.

Hopefully new customers would take the extent of their research a bit further than that.
Post 955 IP   flag post
600892 1176 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?