Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS GradedCBCS Original Art Program OAPCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSP

CBCS launches New Logo and Brand756

COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
I see your 1000 and raise you +MysteryScienceTheater3000
Post 826 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
If the shield was elongated, lost the rivets, lost the muscle car font on CBCS, and looked less Medieval Times Dinner Theater, it might be okay. Emphasis on the might. I would take the old logo hands down... any day.

I could design that shield in an hour or so.
Post 827 IP   flag post
Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego good one.
Post 828 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica

And with an hour lunch thrown into the middle too.
Post 829 IP   flag post
Collector SilverAgeFan private msg quote post Address this user
Here are the 7 books I received back from CBCS yesterday. They went in process on May 10th.
Post 830 IP   flag post

@SilverAgeFan Are those going on sale?
Post 831 IP   flag post
Collector SilverAgeFan private msg quote post Address this user
Yessir Dark Lord. And at a better price than our friends on EBay.
Post 832 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio
I still like the top one better than second from the top. But here it is... and the other types of labels. Blue border on the top is the light blue from the old CBCS logo. Next one down is the blue from the 9.4 font.

Yes, I took time out of legal practice for this!

Yep, top looks best.
I wonder how the new logo would look with the lighter shade of blue instead of the darker. For that matter, how would the grade numbers look matching the darker shade in ex.2?

But top is best.
Post 833 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego

Did you join in on the Kickstarter project?
Post 834 IP   flag post
@MR_SigS I haven't a clue what you're talking about.
Post 835 IP   flag post
OK, here is my shield design, drawn freehand, scanned, colored and shaded using Photobucket tools (no art program) with holographic visualization implied...

This is still rough, but I've tightened the image and tweaked the color for a much more finished appearance.

FTR, I don't have issues with the current shield logo on a less aggressive label, but the old logo looked fine too and incorporated into a holographic design I bet it would really pop.

This is just an experimental shield design. Several boardies have contributed label concepts that show great promise, IMO.
Post 836 IP   flag post
Collector Evangelon private msg quote post Address this user

Post 837 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Quote:

Did you join in on the Kickstarter project?

Quote:
@MR_SigS I haven't a clue what you're talking about.

Since you referenced MST3K, I assume you know what that is, and thought maybe you were a fan.

I mean this
Post 838 IP   flag post
@MR_SigS news to me lol.
Post 839 IP   flag post
Bummer. It's been fun so far

They're going to be at SDCC this year.
Post 840 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

And with an hour lunch thrown into the middle too.

Thanks. Alas, My intent wasn't to insult the current shield design, but I can see how my comment might've been taken the other way.

I saw DrWatson's comment as a challenge to design a hologram shield of more longated construction. Thought it would be fun, so I did it.

Well, I did s'more work on it and edited the earlier version. Still a bit rough, limited by Photobucket tools, but better; I don't give these projects up easily!
Post 841 IP   flag post
Collector Mio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelon

Cool - I had already pushed MS Paint to the limit. All of these are better than their new contraption.
Post 842 IP   flag post
I like an open label design better, without boxes.
Post 843 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio

Cool - I had already pushed MS Paint to the limit. All of these are better than their new contraption.

Post 844 IP   flag post
Collector Nino_013 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
OK, here is my shield design, drawn freehand, scanned, colored and shaded using Photobucket tools (no art program) with holographic visualization implied...

This is still rough, but I've tightened the image and tweaked the color for a much more finished appearance.

FTR, I don't have issues with the current shield logo on a less aggressive label, but the old logo looked fine too and incorporated into a holographic design I bet it would really pop.

This is just an experimental shield design. Several boardies have contributed label concepts that show great promise, IMO.

I reckon that shield is already spoken for man...

Post 845 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
So is there any images of the new new label yet hopefully they will be coming out of SDCC. Would be nice if a CBCS employee created a shill account to leak them on their own forum without doing any official announcement. Come on Leak Gate.
Post 846 IP   flag post
Collector brianscotch private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWKyle
So is there any images of the new new label yet hopefully they will be coming out of SDCC. Would be nice if a CBCS employee created a shill account to leak them on their own forum without doing any official announcement. Come on Leak Gate.

Has there been any official announcement that they're reviewing feedback and making some tweaks? I did see one poster say he saw a mock up. Weird that there hasn't been any statements from CBCS.
Post 847 IP   flag post
Collector Stronguy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianscotch
Quote:

Has there been any official announcement that they're reviewing feedback and making some tweaks? I did see one poster say he saw a mock up. Weird that there hasn't been any statements from CBCS.

Ricketts came on here a few days ago thanking people for the feedback and saying they would re-evaluate things after SDCC.
Post 848 IP   flag post
Quote:

I assume you're talking about the ugly label. There's a video and several examples posted in this thread.
Post 849 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
So, I'm bored.
Here's one for the conspiracy theorists:
What if CBCS created a label, HOPING that people wouldn't like it. There's an almost obsessive amount of complaining and discussion about it. CBCS posts a comment saying, "we hear you & we're working on it." They make some tweaks and reveal a different design. Collectors are happy that CBCS cares, even if they still don't like the design.
- win for collectors
- win for CBCS
- another nail in the coffin for CGC
I know it probably didn't happen this way but the Machiavellian part of me hopes it did.
Post 850 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronguy
Quote:

I assume you're talking about the ugly label. There's a video and several examples posted in this thread.
no i'm talking about a supposely new prototype design that is floating around in southern california
Post 851 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaComicsGuy
So, I'm bored.
What if CBCS created a label, HOPING that people wouldn't like it. There's an almost obsessive amount of complaining and discussion about it. CBCS posts a comment saying, "we hear you & we're working on it." They make some tweaks and reveal a different design. Collectors are happy that CBCS cares, even if they still don't like the design.
- win for collectors
- win for CBCS
I know it probably didn't happen this way but the Machiavellian part of me hopes it did.

You're attributing waaay too much intelligence to the CBCS crew.
Post 852 IP   flag post
Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaComicsGuy
So, I'm bored.
- win for collectors
- win for CBCS

It was the Illuminati.
They were also behind CGC's new slab and their "frankenslab."
Post 853 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
Machiavellian:

Adjective;

cunning, scheming, and unscrupulous, especially in politics or in advancing one's career.

synonyms: devious · cunning · crafty · artful · wily · sly · scheming
Post 854 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino_013
Quote:

I reckon that shield is already spoken for man...

LOL! Naw, no similarity 'tol. Besides, the NFL shield looks cheesy.

My shield shape is completely different, much closer to the bow plates on old warships circa late 19th century. The NFL wasn't even fully fleshed out as a sport at that time. I don't think the stars can be trademarked, it's a totally different configuration. And the letter design bears no resemblance whatsoever to the NFL font.
Heck, the NFL isn't even real "football".

Anyway, it was just a design concept.
Post 855 IP   flag post
598060 1176 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?