Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS GradedCBCS Original Art Program OAPCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSP

CBCS launches New Logo and Brand756

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego My lips are sealed

@Kinzebac I didn't think to ask but I'd imagine they can't be too far away
Post 801 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foghorn_Sam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxbladder
I just wanted to make a suggestion to those folks trying their hand at tweaking label images. I think it is helpful to try and associate the book image with the label as well. I can see guys playing around with the label and getting something they like only for it to associate an image of a book with it and realize it doesn't work. I wonder, perhaps, if this wasn't part of the problem when they were designing the label in the first place?

So hopefully the images above can help everyone out in their graphical endeavors.

Ok, so here's the label I've been working on pasted back on the book I originally took it from.

I made a slight change to your image that softens the bracket and adds a slight color graduation. This gives the label a bit more elegance without taking away any of the clean design elements...

Since we're still tossing around ideas, I'm trying to find some area of compromise from which to build a consensus.
Post 802 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Wait - I leave the forum for 2 DAYS and it jumps from page 24 to 32 and now there's going to be a NEW NEW Label?! My orders are both on "PROCESSING" so i'm like michael jackson and whatnotz

Post 803 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
Quote:
Quote:
I just wanted to make a suggestion to those folks trying their hand at tweaking label images. I think it is helpful to try and associate the book image with the label as well. I can see guys playing around with the label and getting something they like only for it to associate an image of a book with it and realize it doesn't work. I wonder, perhaps, if this wasn't part of the problem when they were designing the label in the first place?

So hopefully the images above can help everyone out in their graphical endeavors.

Ok, so here's the label I've been working on pasted back on the book I originally took it from.

I made a slight change to your image that softens the bracket and adds a slight color graduation. This gives the label a bit more elegance without taking away any of the clean design elements...

Since we're still tossing around ideas, I'm trying to find some area of compromise from which to build a consensus.

Say, I think you're onto something here, I like it. I tried to do a gradient in the background, but I was afraid it would look too busy. I never thought of doing the gradient on the border but it seems to work.
Post 804 IP   flag post
@Foghorn_Sam Thanks!

These are good ideas to bounce around.
Post 805 IP   flag post

COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke Processing is not a status, click on your invoice number to see the status of the books inside the invoice.
Post 806 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Foghorn_Sam Thanks!

The Super Nintendo logo of doom has to go away.
Post 807 IP   flag post
Collector zosocane private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio
10 minutes with MS Paint, and I like this one better. Minor tweaks to the original, and we are all set. I don't even mind working for free on this one!

Bump.
Post 808 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
@Foghorn_Sam Thanks!

Actually, it does remind me of the legion of Doom's Hall of Doom.

Post 809 IP   flag post
Collector Stronguy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

The logo looks like a stock image for a home security service.

Post 810 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah the gradient on the border is a lot better but I would still eliminate the border on the sides and shorten the top border a bit.
Post 811 IP   flag post
Collector Mio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by zosocane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio
10 minutes with MS Paint, and I like this one better. Minor tweaks to the original, and we are all set. I don't even mind working for free on this one!

Bump.

I guess someone likes this one!
Post 812 IP   flag post
Collector matterus023 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Seems that your last gradient attempt has led you to a better end result. This is an improvement for sure.
Post 813 IP   flag post
Collector matterus023 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio

Bump.

It is sexy. For me just a few tweaks and jackpot
Post 814 IP   flag post
Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
@Foghorn_Sam Thanks!

Actually, it does remind me of the legion of Doom's Hall of Doom.

Brilliant Reference
Post 815 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite you going to take any con pictures for the boards? Pictures of wall books are most appreciated.
Post 816 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Kinzebac I'll do a round and post them after I get done with a signing this morning
Post 817 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio

Bump.

And another- with either logo. I like the balance of two 'boxes' on the left and right. And the wide open space on the right doesn't throw things off balance for me, strangely. It feels like a space reserved for 'special' notations, and (for me) works whether it's empty or full.
Post 818 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite you rock man. Thanks
Post 819 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio

Bump.

And another- with either logo. I like the balance of two 'boxes' on the left and right. And the wide open space on the right doesn't throw things off balance for me, strangely. It feels like a space reserved for 'special' notations, and (for me) works whether it's empty or full.

And another - Agree with what Scott said above.

How about tweaking the shield and the above/below text to match the same shade of blue as the grade number. The shield area seems to be just a bit too subtle. Be nice to see how it looks.
Post 820 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
@Pre_Coder
Post 821 IP   flag post
Collector Mio private msg quote post Address this user
I still like the top one better than second from the top. But here it is... and the other types of labels. Blue border on the top is the light blue from the old CBCS logo. Next one down is the blue from the 9.4 font.

Yes, I took time out of legal practice for this!

Post 822 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio
I still like the top one better than second from the top. But here it is... and the other types of labels. Blue border on the top is the light blue from the old CBCS logo. Next one down is the blue from the 9.4 font.

Yes, I took time out of legal practice for this!

They all look great except for the second one.
Post 823 IP   flag post
If the shield was elongated, lost the rivets, lost the muscle car font on CBCS, and looked less Medieval Times Dinner Theater, it might be okay. Emphasis on the might. I would take the old logo hands down... any day.
Post 824 IP   flag post
Quote:
If the shield was elongated, lost the rivets, lost the muscle car font on CBCS, and looked less Medieval Times Dinner Theater, it might be okay. Emphasis on the might. I would take the old logo hands down... any day.

This plus 1000
Post 825 IP   flag post
I see your 1000 and raise you +MysteryScienceTheater3000
Post 826 IP   flag post
Quote:

I could design that shield in an hour or so.
Post 827 IP   flag post
@DarthLego good one.
Post 828 IP   flag post
Quote:
I could design that shield in an hour or so.

And with an hour lunch thrown into the middle too.
Post 829 IP   flag post
Collector SilverAgeFan private msg quote post Address this user
Here are the 7 books I received back from CBCS yesterday. They went in process on May 10th.
Post 830 IP   flag post
601305 1176 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?