Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS GradedCBCS Original Art Program OAPCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSP

CBCS launches New Logo and Brand756

Collector DertyComix private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisLand
Quote:
Originally Posted by DertyComix
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisLand
This guy loves it...

wow.... a crystal pepsi. Loved that drink. Wish they could bring that back like the previous logo.

Uh, your wish is granted...

Check it out.
You just gave me hipe for humanity. Thank you Pepsi for bring it back.
Post 51 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckJohnson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos_of_Titan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakecaputo
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwenlocke_Variant
go with this lol

Now THAT'S a freakin' label you
can be proud of! Hire this person!!

I'm right here. Lol!

It's not perfect but I tried to get things moving in the right direction.

Great job, man! One designer to another, this looks great. I would be proud to hang that on my wall.

Thanks man!
You got more right with this design in what -- less than an hour -- than Steve and the gang got right in weeks or months of work. I've been an ad man/designer/art director/copywriter for almost three decades and yes, it needs some tweaking -- but the look is contemporary, unique, fresh, and above all functional! You da' man!!

So you know cgc watches all things CBCS. So I imagine they will see this cool label design (on the thor comic) and quickly come out with a new label much like this one.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector DertyComix private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakecaputo
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwenlocke_Variant
go with this lol

Now THAT'S a freakin' label you
can be proud of! Hire this person!!

I'm right here. Lol!

It's not perfect but I tried to get things moving in the right direction.

Great job, man! One designer to another, this looks great. I would be proud to hang that on my wall.

Thanks man!
You got more right with this design in what -- less than an hour -- than Steve and the gang got right in weeks or months of work. I've been an ad man/designer/art director/copywriter for almost three decades and yes, it needs some tweaking -- but the look is contemporary, unique, fresh, and above all functional! You da' man!!

So you know cgc watches all things CBCS. So I imagine they will see this cool label design (on the thor comic) and quickly come out with a new label much like this one.

This might be true. Should of have labeled it top secret. Wait Hillary would have leaked the information out to CGC any way.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector DannyBoy private msg quote post Address this user
I agree that the CBCS case is the safest on the market - which explains your use of design elements such as rivets and a shield.

But the amateurish new design also makes your corporate brand seem dated, cheap and unprofessional.

The old logo and label were much cleaner and more elegant. Sometimes less is more.

And I'm speaking with 20 years experience as a corporate graphic designer specializing in brand standards.

My 2 cents.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector SecretCharacter private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not sold on this change. It looks amateurish and lacks a kind of polish that I come to expect from a company that wants to be "the leader" of comics grading.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
The loudest voice always wins.
Loudest voice = the one who submits the most books.
Post 56 IP   flag post
Collector Joshua373 private msg quote post Address this user
Wow...I must be in the minority on this one. I like it. I like the foil shield. I always that the other label was a little dull.
Post 57 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, Steve. I appreciate that redesigning the label is a big step, and I'm certain you put a lot of work and effort into it. I am new to CBCS - in fact, new to comic encapsulation. I just went to my first convention last month, and both CBCS and CGC were there. I chose CBCS because I was told (by a longtime professional in the field) there was a problem with CGC that they didn't yet have a solution to ... which I have since determined was the so-called holder controversy. BUT - CBCS's holder style, colors, and other graphical choices were also better. I really came to love the "look and feel." And so I submitted ~20 books, and then I submitted ~20 more, and I haven't even received the first batch yet.

I am very disappointed that CBCS would change this label without notice, or soliciting feedback first from your community. I'm afraid I also do not like the new labels, and I'm sorry to say that because I know it represents a big effort, and is probably disappointing to hear. But I really like the original look. I haven't received any of my books yet, and was really looking forward to that. If I am not going to get the original label - the one I bought - then I will probably cancel my order. Aesthetics aren't the service you provide, of course, but they are very important. The cases shouldn't just be informative - they should be beautiful. The original case is beautiful; I'm afraid the new one falls short.

At the very least, you should continue to offer the original. Let the customers decide which is better.
Post 58 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua373
I always that the other label was a little dull.

That's the whole point.
The label Should be dull, so you can enjoy the cover without something else drawing your attention away from the art.
Post 59 IP   flag post
Collector Dustinjean private msg quote post Address this user
You guys are all saying this design is too "90's" if it were 90's this would be the background to the label.

Post 60 IP   flag post
Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Curmudgeon
Quote:

That's the whole point.
The label Should be dull, so you can enjoy the cover without something else drawing your attention away from the art.

This
Post 61 IP   flag post
Collector Stronguy private msg quote post Address this user
On a positive note... at least they're not crushing books and damaging them. Ascetics are one thing (and important) but the safety of my books are the most important.
Post 62 IP   flag post
Collector matterus023 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinzebac
Quote:
Quote:

That's the whole point.

This

It should be dull to a degree I fully agree, however....I believe you can have a label that doesn't draw the attention away from the most important thing in all this (the grade...errrm I meant the comic of course) while still looking vibrant in places, of high quality and upto date.
Post 63 IP   flag post
Collector Stronguy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

That's the whole point.

Exactly. The driving factor should not be to overwhelm folks with your bling-case. Let the focus be on the book.
Post 64 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Now if you replaced the label area with an actual slab of riveted brushed steel then MAYBE the new design would've been acceptable
Post 65 IP   flag post
Collector warbooks private msg quote post Address this user
I didn't like the new design until i watched the video. I only dislike the rivets. The rest looks ok to me anyway.
Post 66 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronguy
at least they're not crushing books and damaging them. Ascetics are one thing (and important) but the safety of my books are the most important.

This is true, but I think they squandered their resources with this move.
That time/money and energy could have served the company better if it were directed to something far more useful and less susceptible to backlash and negative comments.
Such as the collector sets so many have been asking for.
No chance of backlash there, just happy folks with a few comments about how it could be tweaked.
Post 67 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronguy
at least they're not crushing books and damaging them. Ascetics are one thing (and important) but the safety of my books are the most important.

This is true, but I think they squandered their resources with this move.
That time/money and energy could have served the company better if it were directed to something far more useful and less susceptible to backlash and negative comments.
No chance of backlash there, just happy folks with a few comments about how it could be tweaked.

I have mentioned to CBCS before that I would like to see an improved label but I can only agree with what you are saying here. Perhaps they could of just improved the thickness/quality of the paper used which wouldn't of overly needed all this hype attached and then as you say worked on something with mainly rewards and little backlash
Post 68 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@The_Curmudgeon Exactly! It just seems like there's so many other things that have been more requested that could've been implemented with less chance for backlash. Just off the top of my head:

- Finished site migration
- Improved e-coupon support and checkout features
- New Sub-forums
- Census
- Collector Sets

And I'm sure there are more. Obviously the same team that did the new labels wouldn't have helped with these features but the time and money that went into hiring them certainly would have
Post 69 IP   flag post
Quote:

Or the registry.
There wouldn't be a whole passel of folks with pitchforks gathering to chase them down for this egregious transgression against there sensibilities.
Just weeks of avid fans building their registries.
Post 70 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I like it. You people bitch about everything. Sorry.
Post 71 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
The new logo is hideous! The new label design is horribly amateurish! Not only do I hate it, I hate it more than PGX's label. This was a seriously bonehead thing to do without community feedback. What the hell are you guys thinking over there? You had a very professional logo that was beautiful, this new logo looks like it came off a 90's RPG game. And the label design, good god are you actually paying someone for this trash? Thanos gave you a perfect example of what professional graphic design looks like.

I'm not putting any of my books into this garbage. You've lost all my future submissions if you go through with this. I'm a collector and I want to display and look at my comics, I'll never display a comic inside this hideous thing.
Post 72 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

I'm British I'm allowed to moan and complain

Plus I'm not that bothered just bored ha
Post 73 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

You can't please all of the people all of the time.
Post 74 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
The new logo is hideous! The new label design is horribly amateurish! Not only do I hate it, I hate it more than PGX's label. This was a seriously bonehead thing to do without community feedback. What the hell are you guys thinking over there? You had a very professional logo that was beautiful, this new logo looks like it came off a 90's RPG game. And the label design, good god are you actually paying someone for this trash? Thanos gave you a perfect example of what professional graphic design looks like.

I'm not putting any of my books into this garbage. You've lost all my future submissions if you go through with this. I'm a collector and I want to display and look at my comics, I'll never display a comic inside this hideous thing.

Darth let us know what you are really thinking. Holding back helps no one
Post 75 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego

Wow, maybe you should hit the gym. Channel that frustration into a healthier you.
Working out is great for stress relief.
Post 76 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
*sips Crystal Pepsi. (Tilts Max Headroom ballcap) So, wait... Dark Lego... are you saying you don't like it? LOL
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector MegaMatt private msg quote post Address this user
This might as well be my first post. I'm really hoping this is a prank. Like, cbcs is pulling a April fools joke in July. I'm seriously crossing my fingers that this label is a gag and the real new one will be revealed later. If not, can we request the old label? And if not, get refunded for orders currently there? As a first time submitter, this really concerns me. I really really really don't want my books to have this label. This is pretty disappointing. I hope you guys are hearing that too. Please don't CGC this and just keep plowing forward with it.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector SilverAgeFan private msg quote post Address this user
Well, I may be in the minority on this but I really like the new logo. It pops, it's modern and up to date, it's got a cool kind of moder yet retro look. I like the foil appearance to it. It's going to become an instant classic in my mind. I just my books shipping today have the new logo!
Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
My biggest dislike is the border trim. The rests doesn't seem too bad. The logo looks far better on the label than it does online.
Post 80 IP   flag post
600782 1176 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?