Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS GradedCBCS Original Art Program OAPCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSP

CBCS launches New Logo and Brand756

COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user

I would be curious how this vote would come out.
Post 676 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
The point of the roundabout is you don't have to come to a complete stop because if you follow the arrows to get to the street you want you will not cross paths with on coming traffic.
Post 677 IP   flag post
@TimesChange I like most of what you did, but I think putting the pedigree up top is throwing it off balance.
Post 678 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFP_Comics
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Just so everyone is aware of what is happening at the CBCS office...

We have read your comments, complaints, and are discussing them internally. We will be at San Diego Comic Con this week at booth #1101, where we will continue talking to our customers about the new labels. We have heard you. You are not being ignored.

Once we have come to a decision, we will make an announcement.

Until then, we appreciate your patience.

Click your cockle burrs together, Snicketts, and make this the happy ending we all know it can be.

And I just sharpened my pitchfork and lit my torch

I would keep them on the standby.
Post 679 IP   flag post
And is it just me or is their new shade of blue way way way too purple looking?
Post 680 IP   flag post

@DrWatson good call
Post 681 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Is it possible to vertically center the name of the comic between the top of the info (to the right of the grade) and the bottom of the border?
Post 682 IP   flag post
Are folks going to mistake blue labels for PLODs?
Post 683 IP   flag post
Collector matterus023 private msg quote post Address this user
Lets just go back to the old label with thicker better paper and make the colours ping a bit more. Winner

Change the logo to holofoil but keep the old logo perhaps.

The old label was almost perfect.
Post 684 IP   flag post
I think part of the reason for the logo change is they wanted to have the CBCS letters big and inside the shield. I think the same effect could easily been accomplished with the old shields shape made bigger to allow the lettering inside.
Post 685 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWKyle

I would be curious how this vote would come out.

I like what you did here. Still it looks like the information is crowded to much to the left and right edge of the label. In my version I posted earlier I tried to bring everything away from being so close to the left and right edge and more toward the center to give a little better balance and aesthetic. Unfortunately my photo shop prowess is very limited or I may have tried to do more with it.
Post 686 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by matterus023
Lets just go back to the old label with thicker better paper and make the colours ping a bit more. Winner

Change the logo to holofoil but keep the old logo perhaps.

The old label was almost perfect.
I don't disagree with you on that if you take what you have, don't blow it away completely but tweak it here and there you build on what you have instead of starting over. If you do go to a complete rework then it better be great with a huge majority singing your praises or your just changing for the sake of change.
Post 687 IP   flag post
Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user
@JWKyle I like the improved font you used.
Post 688 IP   flag post
I'm also curious what the heck happened to the designer or design team that worked on the original label design two years ago? I can't imagine the same person or team worked on this one.
Post 689 IP   flag post
What's the name of that font, I like it a lot.
Post 690 IP   flag post
Collector matterus023 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foghorn_Sam

Simple but effective
Post 691 IP   flag post
Ok, now the mobile forum has the new logo.
Post 692 IP   flag post
From a distance, the 9.4 in the font CBCS is using becomes hard to tell if it's 9.0, 9.4 or 9.6. JWKyle's font looks like 9.4 from any distance.
Post 693 IP   flag post
Collector Stronguy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
I'm also curious what the heck happened to the designer or design team that worked on the original label design two years ago? I can't imagine the same person or team worked on this one.

What makes you think there was a design team? Two years ago there were about a dozen employees busting their butts to get the first books out the door. Before that it was about 5 guys trying to get a building built and open for business.
Post 694 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinzebac
@JWKyle I like the improved font you used.

I didn't do this I just took the image and put them on top of each other

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimesChange

If you click on it, looks a little higher res.
I liked what foghorn sam started to do, so I went ahead and did one myself trying to keep the basic new look. I removed all the Skeuomorphism (the fake metal and the rivets) and used a new font. Also increased the size of artist writer and first appearance. I would like them to be slightly larger more pronounced, seem so small on the new label.

Moved date and publisher over the grade, looks more balanced with page quality below, also gives more room for artist writer etc..

I moved the pedigree to the top bar and made it gold, I always wanted a better showcasing of pedigree copies, you could even duplicate it and put one on the right side.

This is at least what I would like, I prefer a less embellished label like a PSA card or a coin label. Font used was Myriad pro, using some condensed and some with bold.
Post 695 IP   flag post
Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
I like the idea of putting the pedigrees in gold ink, I think it really adds something special that makes them stand out in the crowd.
Post 696 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronguy
Quote:

What makes you think there was a design team? Two years ago there were about a dozen employees busting their butts to get the first books out the door. Before that it was about 5 guys trying to get a building built and open for business.

Whoever it was did a good clean professional looking job at the time.
Post 697 IP   flag post
Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user
@JWKyle I still will give you credit for bringing it to my attention.
Post 698 IP   flag post
Collector TimesChange private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I like what you did here. Still it looks like the information is crowded to much to the left and right edge of the label. In my version I posted earlier I tried to bring everything away from being so close to the left and right edge and more toward the center to give a little better balance and aesthetic. Unfortunately my photo shop prowess is very limited or I may have tried to do more with it.

Thanks, I agree with you on balance, The reason I did it this way, and why CBCS does this, is because you have to leave room for some books that have more info, also need to leave room at the bottom next to the page quality is for condition notes. So balance will not be perfect on most books.
Post 699 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
This is my first attempt, admittedly rough because I put this together using Photobucket tools and borrowing the basic template from Times Change design (left off the Edgar Church pedigree as it was too difficult incorporating the attribution using Photobucket fonts). This is just to provide an idea of my thoughts along the lines of simplicity and color coordination. It isn't finished piece by any means, just a design concept...

Now, back to my ale!
Post 700 IP   flag post
Quote:
@TimesChange I like most of what you did, but I think putting the pedigree up top is throwing it off balance.

I know, I agree and I struggled with that, but in the end I liked pedigree issues to stand out, and it does:-)

What about this to balance it? it would just be on pedigree issues, actually I thought about the idea of changing the entire label color for pedigree.
Post 701 IP   flag post
Quote:

The font I used was Myriad pro, condensed and condensed bold, It's a very nice basic font.
Post 702 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimesChange
Quote:

The font I used was Myriad pro, condensed and condensed bold, It's a very nice basic font.

My personal preference would be a softer blended color scheme that compliments the new hologram shield without competing with the comic for attention. Something simple and elegant, perhaps with a touch of art deco...

The Church pedigree would've been on the right side just under the first appearance attributions.

The solid color bracket is one of the elements that doesn't work for me (on the rivet design as well). Your grade font and color background improved on the CBCS design.

IMO, emphasizing the pedigrees at the top in a different color is ...well, over the top, but I have a lot of pedigreed books in my collection, so I do appreciate what you did there.

BTW, I don't mind criticism of this. It's a rough design based on another suggested label template. My expectations are as low as the methods used to fascilitate the design.
Post 703 IP   flag post
Collector Mio private msg quote post Address this user
10 minutes with MS Paint, and I like this one better. Minor tweaks to the original, and we are all set. I don't even mind working for free on this one!
Post 704 IP   flag post
Collector Spideyfan73 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@SteveRicketts Thanks Steve!

We expect the forum dinner on Saturday to be lively. lol

I'm sure it will be riveting.

Anyone remember some years back KFC tried changing their name unannounced to Kitchen Fresh Chicken? And.... how'd that go?
They obviously didn't learn with the imposter Colonel.

Great that CBCS is taking it all under advisement to sort this out.
Post 705 IP   flag post
600678 1176 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?