Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS GradedCBCS Original Art Program OAPCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSP

CBCS launches New Logo and Brand756

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS forum members be like

Post 301 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
The labels they are a changin' .....

Post 302 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user

Post 303 IP   flag post

Post 304 IP   flag post

Post 305 IP   flag post

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego

That was me a few hours ago LOL
Post 306 IP   flag post

Post 307 IP   flag post

Post 308 IP   flag post

Post 309 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I use Gimp for my graphic design. Not going to share what things I design though, that would be like taking off Batman's mask, and I'm pretty sure Mr. Sigs and SilverAgeFan are plotting my demise. (j/k)

Of course not!

You don't need our help.
zing
HOIST!HOIST!
Post 310 IP   flag post
@MR_SigS What are you getting at?
Post 311 IP   flag post
@MR_SigS Another member asked about software, I offered advice about software. Not sure where you're going with that, or what you are taking from it.
Post 312 IP   flag post
Collector akionabr private msg quote post Address this user
I'm just glad people are off my back about me mentioning CGC. LOL. Sometimes people take these comics WAY too seriously.
Post 313 IP   flag post
@akionabr Don't worry, I think I've become death threat target number one in here. Even though my thumbs up count has sky rocketed, imagine that.
Post 314 IP   flag post
Collector D84 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@akionabr Don't worry, I think I've become death threat target number one in here. Even though my thumbs up count has sky rocketed, imagine that.

Death threats? WTF?
Post 315 IP   flag post
@D84 was a joke, I have not received any negative comments from anyone.
Post 316 IP   flag post
Collector D84 private msg quote post Address this user
Glad to hear that.
Post 317 IP   flag post
I received one plessant message from Steve yesterday, that was a light wrist slap and had me scratching my head, but I finally figured out what I said that toed the line.
Post 318 IP   flag post
Members who wanted magazine slabs, web site/forum/shopping cart upgrades, migration, census, registry...be like

Post 319 IP   flag post
Collector Nino_013 private msg quote post Address this user
They look to have taken some design cues from cgcs label. Whilst i dont hate it, it would be much improved without the side borders and the rivets do look tacky. Shame as they really couldve made strides towards the competition with a nicely re-designed label that blew everyone away.
Post 320 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verde

This new label is hard on the eyes... Not really digging it. The metal finish, the weird font, it doesn't mesh well at all. I'm kind of nervous about submitting my books via Cincy Comicon in September. I would still go through with it if they offer the old label as a choice... Otherwise I might have to wait until they make a new label...

Could always reslab later but.... I feel like I shouldn't have to. This really blows =(

Yes, I agree with this. I will probably still slab some to sell, but the ones I want to keep for my permanent collection, I will definitely wait for a better label. Or the original one to return as an option.
Post 321 IP   flag post
Collector KenWorthing private msg quote post Address this user
Take away the rivets and change the font used for the grade, and I'm happy. You can't please everyone, and at the end of the day the new changes aren't causing waviness of your books.

I'll classify this as the Warhammer period (and you're welcome, if you want to use that). A blip. That's all.

If nothing changes, then so be it.
Post 322 IP   flag post
Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user
Has anybody contacted CBCS about getting their books back with the old labels? I just thought i should ask before emailing customer service.
Post 323 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS has made it very clear that the old labels are no longer available.
Post 324 IP   flag post
Collector Dustinjean private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O when did the new labels become in use. Is my book that just went in to shipping status going to have the new one? I may be in the minority on this, but I like the new label.
Post 325 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
If your book left the grading room on, or after Monday morning (7/11), it will get a new label.
Post 326 IP   flag post
Collector Marc_1 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

HAHAHAHAHAH!
Post 327 IP   flag post
Collector Marc_1 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
If your book left the grading room on, or after Monday morning (7/11), it will get a new label.

Can you believe the amount of complaining about this label? It's unreal. What is wrong with people today?
Post 328 IP   flag post
Collector matterus023 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc_1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts

Can you believe the amount of complaining about this label? It's unreal. What is wrong with people today?

I feel this is a tad harsh.

I love to have opinions on most things which is why I have commented on this thread ha, but does this new label effect my life really in anyway...No not really. However I can appreciate for others who like uniformity, have OCD, are passionate for design etc etc why they have voiced their opinions the way they have.

I mean to me for some to say that they will never use CBCS again is over the top. But to them this is justified as it is their own opinion on it all. As CBCS has said before all types of feedback (negative or positive) are welcome.

So if someone LOVES this new label that much it has made them move away from CGC or someone HATES it that much they will never use CBCS again......as much as they seem the more extreme opinions/views they are justified as why should these people not express what their brains are telling them?

In future CBCS should possibly include people on this forum (and other places) before putting a new label out. Also specify exactly when they are coming into play etc as this has annoyed some people and rightly so.

Overall if this is the biggest problem facing CBCS atm then they should be very pleased. I know I would be running a company of this size with so many other aspects which could need attention.
Post 329 IP   flag post
Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
CBCS has made it very clear that the old labels are no longer available.

Alright. Thanks for letting me know.
Post 330 IP   flag post
598060 1176 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?