Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS GradedCBCS Original Art Program OAPCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSP

CBCS launches New Logo and Brand756

Collector akionabr private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc_1
Quote:
Originally Posted by akionabr
I rather have waves and rings than that hideous looking label. If I am getting books slabbed, it is for my personal collection. I don't want to put my favorite books in an ugly looking labeled case.

That makes ZERO sense. You'd rather have damage to your favorite books rather than have a label that isn't appealing.

Yeah, you lost all credibility here.

EDIT: I apologize. Didn't mean to set off any bombs or offend. I have had no problems with my new CGC case, alas, I was exaggerating. Yes, I HATE the new logo, but I still like CBCS and the way they do their work. I got carried away because I wanted to send in more books and was more than happy with their old label, now when I start to get ready to send in books...this happens. Yes, it is not THAT big a deal, but I also rather not stare at a 90's RPG style shield either. I will not be one of those "eh, I hate it but I will still take it" type of people.
Post 276 IP   flag post
My bad, I was just exaggerating how much I hate the new label. I apologize. I still do like CBCS and the work they have done. I am just overly disappointed because I was excited to send in my next batch of books and saw this posted...
Post 277 IP   flag post
Collector DannyBoy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluespeyer

How bout this design?

We have a winner!!!
Post 278 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBoy
Quote:

How bout this design?

We have a winner!!!

I would like to add +10 points to this.
Post 279 IP   flag post
Collector DannyBoy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBoy
Quote:

How bout this design?

We have a winner!!!

I would like to add +10 points to this.

+20
Post 280 IP   flag post

Collector Evangelon private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwenlocke_Variant
how about they do a multi design label and make a poll which one the consumer wants and go from there. Even better how about they do a contest on new labels and let us vote to which we would like to see on our case?
How about they just give some frigging advanced notice first, since I sent my stuff in two months ago under the impression that I'd be getting the advertised label at the time of submission.
Post 281 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwenlocke_Variant
how about they do a multi design label and make a poll which one the consumer wants and go from there. Even better how about they do a contest on new labels and let us vote to which we would like to see on our case?
How about they just give some frigging advanced notice first, since I sent my stuff in two months ago under the impression that I'd be getting the advertised label at the time of submission.

That would have been nice.. I feel for you man. Glad I didn't send mine in.
Post 282 IP   flag post
Collector Revelations private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Less is more.

Even that looks better, and how much time did that take you to design?

Sorry, but I disagree. I have a feeling if that was the label, people would be even more upset because there's practically nothing going on in that label. It's all white and blue. The CBCS logo on there looks like an el cheapo security placard you would stick in front of your house.
Post 283 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
There must be people here who have fond nostalgia for 90's RPG shields.

Post 284 IP   flag post
Collector Revelations private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I rather have waves and rings than that hideous looking label. If I am getting books slabbed, it is for my personal collection. I don't want to put my favorite books in an ugly looking labeled case.

This makes no sense. You are saying you are more worried about the label than the actual artwork you are trying to protect. You would rather see wavy lines and rings when you look at your art collection than whatever label is on top?

People need to put down their pitchforks. Act like a rational adult and you'll get treated like one. If you want to convince CBCS to change the label, do it with class.
Post 285 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
If you smoke enough you can not only see but smell the colors, too!
Post 286 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
+10's and 20's show a lot of love and passion, but to get a more accurate count, how about we increment by 1. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWKyle
I would also say some people may want to take a deep breath and let the shock of change wear off and see how they feel about it a little down the road. And CBCS please don't leave us hanging on something so trivial as this again for a week or more. You guys could have played your hand better IMAO.

+ 100% (what he just said!)

My PLUS count post is directed solely towards the previous label. I have 6 ASM 129's I want slabbed but I have been holding off because I may relocating out of state fairly soon. Where are they eventually going for certification and encapsulation?... CBCS - regardless the appearance of the label.

CBCS Grading = SPOT ON!
CBCS Encapsulation and Preservation = SECOND TO NONE!

Many people have posted their negative views towards the new label (which I agree), and reposted, and reposted. I'm just curious what the 'numerical' opinion is at the end of this, let's say, 48 hour Shock and Awe period.

CBCS is #1 regardless! :cigar:
Post 287 IP   flag post
I'm looking forward to seeing how CBCS responds to this criticism of the design. What they have to say will determine what I decide to do with my collection going forward. Some people keep calling this trivial. The appearance of my private collection is definitely not trivial to me. And I hope my opinion as a paying customer is not trivial to CBCS.
Post 288 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
If you smoke enough you can not only see but smell the colors, too!

scratch and sniff labels, the golden age smells like werthers
Post 289 IP   flag post
Collector RHall1101 private msg quote post Address this user
My only complaint really is with the holofoil CBCS shield. It looks odd. Would have been more then happy if they just holofoil'ed the original shield. Companies changes logos all the time, how many times has DC or Marvel changed their logos over the years?

They are still the same company and the case is the same. It just looks different. It's not going to stop me from using them.

Though have to wonder who they heard/listened to that made them change the look, as haven't heard anyone personally that said the logo needs to change.
Post 290 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
The Good Idea Fairy works in mysterious ways.
Post 291 IP   flag post
Collector Whitedragon private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelations
Quote:
Quote:
Less is more.

Even that looks better, and how much time did that take you to design?

I agree. That looks clean and uniform.

The new label looks like a disaster. My father, who couldn't work photoshop to save his life could've come up with something better. And what's with the rivets?

Talk about dropping the ball. The thing that I like about CBCS is that they listen to the collectors/ fans. You had the opportunity to do just that.

How about come up with 5 new designs then poll us before you put out something sub par.
Post 292 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelations
Quote:

This makes no sense. You are saying you are more worried about the label than the actual artwork you are trying to protect. You would rather see wavy lines and rings when you look at your art collection than whatever label is on top?

People need to put down their pitchforks. Act like a rational adult and you'll get treated like one. If you want to convince CBCS to change the label, do it with class.

CLEARLY you have not read my past replies......... would it be better I delete my post as to not ruffle people's feathers? Jeez.

EDIT: I do have a new CGC case and its super clear, shiney, and has no waves, and I can't see the rings when displayed. I like them. That being said I like CBCS more.
Post 293 IP   flag post
Collector Johnjakewish private msg quote post Address this user
I feel some responsibility here as I posted on this forum that I thought they should make some changes to their Label. I Definetly like the old label better.

Post 294 IP   flag post
Quote:
There must be people here who have fond nostalgia for 90's RPG shields.

This will be CGC's new label LOL.
Post 295 IP   flag post
Collector Verde private msg quote post Address this user

This new label is hard on the eyes... Not really digging it. The metal finish, the weird font, it doesn't mesh well at all. I'm kind of nervous about submitting my books via Cincy Comicon in September. I would still go through with it if they offer the old label as a choice... Otherwise I might have to wait until they make a new label...

Could always reslab later but.... I feel like I shouldn't have to. This really blows =(
Post 296 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verde

This new label is hard on the eyes... Not really digging it. The metal finish, the weird font, it doesn't mesh well at all. I'm kind of nervous about submitting my books via Cincy Comicon in September. I would still go through with it if they offer the old label as a choice... Otherwise I might have to wait until they make a new label...

Could always reslab later but.... I feel like I shouldn't have to. This really blows =(

I heard some company was working on slabs that you put your own comics in. No need to send in unless you want it to get graded. Not sure who is doing it or when it comes out though.
Post 297 IP   flag post
Quote:
I heard some company was working on slabs that you put your own comics in. No need to send in unless you want it to get graded. Not sure who is doing it or when it comes out though.

There's a whole thread about them here.
Post 298 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

There's a whole thread about them here.

Nice, thanks!!
Post 299 IP   flag post
They just launched clear backing boards too, which look awesome.
Post 300 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS forum members be like

Post 301 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
The labels they are a changin' .....

Post 302 IP   flag post

Post 303 IP   flag post

Post 304 IP   flag post

Post 305 IP   flag post
600871 1176 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?