Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS GradedCBCS Original Art Program OAPCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSP

CBCS launches New Logo and Brand756

COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy_K
how about a laser etched cover with whatever we want on it with a complete hologram of Borock fighting Chuck Norris on the background

I'd buy it.
Post 251 IP   flag post
Tantrums are happening because it is a garish surprise out of left field that is poorly designed and looks unprofessional and was a step backwards from a label and logo that were not broken and didn't need fixing.
Post 252 IP   flag post
There's a reason New Coke was a complete failure. This label is New Coke.
Post 253 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
substance over style... by that I mean the case protects and displays the comic without any rings or waves or imprints. the slip of paper on top is to say what the comic is thats it. So why is it such a big deal?
Post 254 IP   flag post
Collector akionabr private msg quote post Address this user
EDIT: Cause I exagerrated and people are angry over it.
Post 255 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by akionabr
I rather have waves and rings than that hideous looking label. If I am getting books slabbed, it is for my personal collection. I don't want to put my favorite books in an ugly looking labeled case.

lizard skin
Post 256 IP   flag post
My mylar bags and toploaders also don't have newton rings or waves and they protect my books just fine. Slabbing also serves a purpose for protection, and for nice displaying. If the display is no longer nice, and I have no interest in selling the book, there's no longer a reason to slab. If you are slabbing for personal collection, you want it to look nice. Otherwise just keep it raw. Since CBCS slabs no longer look nice to me I'll keep my collection raw, or buy old slabs on ebay. I won't spend money on something that I hate looking at.
Post 257 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Quote:
how about a laser etched cover with whatever we want on it with a complete hologram of Borock fighting Chuck Norris on the background

I'd buy it.

I'd slab every comic I owned!
Post 258 IP   flag post
It'd be really cool if the last old style label had that distinction on it. Imagine getting that back.
Post 259 IP   flag post
Collector Marc_1 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I rather have waves and rings than that hideous looking label. If I am getting books slabbed, it is for my personal collection. I don't want to put my favorite books in an ugly looking labeled case.

That makes ZERO sense. You'd rather have damage to your favorite books rather than have a label that isn't appealing.

Yeah, you lost all credibility here.
Post 260 IP   flag post
Collector Marc_1 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by D84
Wow, I'm amazed by the whining from people who expect the company to let us make decisions on their product.

As we have shown, you can't please everyone online, and with the sense of entitlement a large portion have, I'm surprised they have message boards.

In other words...

Seriously, so many crying babies
Post 261 IP   flag post
Quote:
and I have no interest in selling the book, there's no longer a reason to slab. If you are slabbing for personal collection, you want it to look nice. Otherwise just keep it raw.
right the case preserves the comic in that given grade for the possibility of selling in the future; and authenticating sigs for the possibility of selling in the future.
Post 262 IP   flag post
Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

That exactly the type of knee-jerk reactionary statement that is unproductive and unwelcome in a serious discourse.
Post 263 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
and I have no interest in selling the book, there's no longer a reason to slab. If you are slabbing for personal collection, you want it to look nice. Otherwise just keep it raw.
right the case preserves the comic in that given grade for the possibility of selling in the future; and authenticating sigs for the possibility of selling in the future.

Exactly, preserving the comic is a non issue to me because every raw comic in my collection gets 4mil mylar, fullbacks, and micro chamber paper. 99% of books I have no intention of selling until I'm an old man (30+ years from now). The only appeal for me for slabbing for that 99% of books is purely because I liked how they looked. If they don't look good, I have no use for them. I'll wait 30 years and then slab them.
Post 264 IP   flag post
Collector SilverAgeFan private msg quote post Address this user
Well, I've got 7 books currently in "shipping". I'm wondering which labels I'll get. It'd be hilarious if they were a mixture. When they arrive, I'll post pics and we'll see what everyone thinks.
Post 265 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluespeyer

How bout this design?

That is beautiful. They should have chosen that one! Lol.

That really is a beautifully designed label. It's Professional, elegant, well structured, balanced,... and that shield is just "second to none".

Since we obviously can't hold a POLL thread, then how about a PLUS count thread?

I vote this label so I'm going to give it a +1. The next person (if so desires) give it a +2, next person a +3, and so on - the PLUS increments by one on each vote.

Just for chuckles, let's see what the PLUS count is 48 hours from now.

+1
Post 266 IP   flag post
+2
Post 267 IP   flag post
Where'd everyone go?
Post 268 IP   flag post
Collector D84 private msg quote post Address this user
Probably decided they have better things to do with their life.
Post 269 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego @D84 LOL

:popcorn:
Post 270 IP   flag post
Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
Some of us have children to feed.
Post 271 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Curmudgeon
Some of us have children to feed.

Damn legal requirements!
Post 272 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
while i understand how you feel. They still have the same service. label looks horrible i agree but will it stop me from sending in my book? no because the case will do it's intended job and the label will do the same. IT WONT LOOK THE SAME. but it still doing its job by providing the grade and all the other info. all they did is just put a unattractive receptionist at the front desk compared to the last one that worked there.... no so much as an Eye candy but still does the job well.

+1
Post 273 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
+2
A day looking at it and watching the video a couple of times I'm going to be OK with it I think. I have some expanded books sent in around the 17th so I should have a new label sooner or later in my hands. I'm not going to get too crazy either way until I have the product in my hands and can see it up close.
Post 274 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
I would also say some people may want to take a deep breath and let the shock of change wear off and see how they feel about it a little down the road. And CBCS please don't leave us hanging on something so trivial as this again for a week or more. You guys could have played your hand better IMAO.
Post 275 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc_1
Quote:

That makes ZERO sense. You'd rather have damage to your favorite books rather than have a label that isn't appealing.

Yeah, you lost all credibility here.

EDIT: I apologize. Didn't mean to set off any bombs or offend. I have had no problems with my new CGC case, alas, I was exaggerating. Yes, I HATE the new logo, but I still like CBCS and the way they do their work. I got carried away because I wanted to send in more books and was more than happy with their old label, now when I start to get ready to send in books...this happens. Yes, it is not THAT big a deal, but I also rather not stare at a 90's RPG style shield either. I will not be one of those "eh, I hate it but I will still take it" type of people.
Post 276 IP   flag post
My bad, I was just exaggerating how much I hate the new label. I apologize. I still do like CBCS and the work they have done. I am just overly disappointed because I was excited to send in my next batch of books and saw this posted...
Post 277 IP   flag post
Collector DannyBoy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

How bout this design?

We have a winner!!!
Post 278 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBoy
Quote:

How bout this design?

We have a winner!!!

I would like to add +10 points to this.
Post 279 IP   flag post
Collector DannyBoy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBoy
Quote:

How bout this design?

We have a winner!!!

I would like to add +10 points to this.

+20
Post 280 IP   flag post
598100 1176 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?