Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedQuestions

Does anyone keep CBCS boxes for shipping in?75

Collector Oldbsturgeon private msg quote post Address this user
I can't say I get really very many of these but I have the one from the book I do have graded and if I were selling a lot of slabs I would think as an interior box these would be great to ship in since they are specifically meant for shipping slabs.
Anyone ever do that? And if so would they fit into a priority box similar to the 1092(97)/1095 combo.
I just measured the cbcs box just now and the lid looks like its 15 5/8 but with the side folds its longer and is closer to 16 but not quite so I don't think it would fit in a 1095 without a bit of bulging at the end.
Any confirmation of success or fail would be great to know
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Iceman399 private msg quote post Address this user
I've kept all of mine (Canada) so I don't use the 1095 or 1097 combo. However I don't use them for shipping, I just buy boxes from Uline for shipping that are 15x12x4. I would only trust them as an interior box and then you need an even bigger box to house them so unless it was a large order to a single customer its not worth it in my opinion...Not sure why I've kept them so long without throwing them in the recycling.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Oldbsturgeon private msg quote post Address this user
They just seem like a good interior box I guess since that is their purpose initially.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I use the boxes to send my ungraded books to CBCS. I use a razor knife to cut them down in size and can fit 10-12 bagged and boarded books into them. I then wrap the box with bubble wrap and place it into a USPS fixed rate box with 2-day delivery. It has worked well for me so far.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector DoBoy private msg quote post Address this user
I used mine to ship. I then wrap the box in brown mailing paper. Recipients have been happy with it.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
They're great for shipping slabs but I like keeping and using them to store my slabbed books when they come in. I've started labeling them in alphabetical order and started putting a "library" together. Regardless, they're useful.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector TheLiamSturgess private msg quote post Address this user
I've kept all of mine, but never actually used them... I like the idea of sending raw books for grading in them!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector FN_2199 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoBoy
I used mine to ship. I then wrap the box in brown mailing paper. Recipients have been happy with it.

I do the same. I've received positive feedback about how great, safe, secure, etc. the shipping was.

I use U-line boxes for singles but prefer the CBCS boxes for doubles. I just won't send three in that box very far because I prefer to bubble wrap everything.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector TvComics private msg quote post Address this user
Great ideas!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Charlieinarizona private msg quote post Address this user
Call me crazy, but you know, as a collector, I can't throw anything away. So I still have all the CBCS shipping boxes. What will I do with them? Who knows. Besides, they're kind of cool!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
I kept the old boxes for shipping because they just had the small CBCS logo on the front that could be covered with the packing slip. Also, since they opened from the middle, you could still bubblewrap a slab and put it inside for safer shipping. The new boxes (as beautiful as they are) cannot really be shipped because the post office can hassle you about the outside labeling; plus the outside labeling easily identifies whats in the box.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Lazydayz137 private msg quote post Address this user
I've kept most of mine, but have yet to use them for anything. I have a pretty good double boxed method for slabs. Though in theory, the CBCS box could be the inner box. I use bubble wrap now though inside the inner box. Have plans to experiment at some point...
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector namvet private msg quote post Address this user
i use mine to ship back to cbcs raw books works great.
Post 13 IP   flag post
597875 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?