Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature ASPSignaturesSigning Opportunities

Witnessing Your Own Books?730

Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
It is an interesting debate. With that in mind, there doesn't seem to be an issue with the largest sports memorabilia companies witnessing autographs on the items they sell. Yes, there has been some issues but Steiner and Upper Deck are the gold standard when it comes to those types of collectables.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector CCD private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
It is an interesting debate. With that in mind, there doesn't seem to be an issue with the largest sports memorabilia companies witnessing autographs on the items they sell. Yes, there has been some issues but Steiner and Upper Deck are the gold standard when it comes to those types of collectables.

I don't think that's the same since CBCS doesn't sell slabbed comics.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater

I don't think that's the same since CBCS doesn't sell slabbed comics.

I understand that. However, both companies do take the word of the witness that a book was signed in front of them. It is all a matter of trust. Either you trust the people witnessing it, and attesting that it occurred, or you don't.

Just out of curiosity, do you know who witnesses the sketches/sketches that would be done at a private signing/sketch opportunity? Does that company have to hire another "witness" to come over that day and witness all of the sketches and signatures or can they do it themselves? Some of those end up being sold by those same people that set them up and they are slabbed.
Post 53 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
At this point I wouldn't let CGC slab a Chinese takeout menu.

You don't like Newton rings and rainbows?
Post 54 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@JLS_Comics only in Earth's atmosphere . Most of my distaste with CGC has to do with how they conducted themselves rather than the actual slab issues.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector MetalPSI private msg quote post Address this user
Exactly. They have a good product once again, but how they conduct themselves makes me sick.

Once I am finished with my Maxx run, that will be it for CGC for me. I will be buying CBCS to compare and if I like, I will probably just stick with them from here on
Post 56 IP   flag post
596790 56 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?