Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Signature VSPComics PedigreesGrading Help NeededQuestions

Shopping Cart broken, cannot order! HELP725

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Order #2:

Journey Into Mystery #V1 N112 [1965] signed by Stan Lee
Walking Dead #1 Michael Golden Variant signed by Michael Golden
Preacher #1 [1995]Vertigo, Modern Age
Absolute Vertigo #1 [1995] Vertigo, Modern Age
Before Watchmen: Dr. Manhattan #1 [2012]DC Comics, Incentive Jim Lee Variant 1:200
Escape of the Living Dead: Airborne #1 [2006]Sketch Cover signed by Dheeraj Verma and Mike Wolfer
Hellboy: Buster Oakley Gets His Wish #1 [2011]Dark Horse, Mignola 25th Anniversary Variant,signed by Kevin Nowlan and Mike Mignola
Outcast #1 [2014] First Printing
Spectacular Spider-Man #V1 N1 [1976]Marvel Comics
Star Wars #V1 N38 [1980]Marvel Comics, signed by Michael Golden
Superman #V2 N75 [1993]Direct Sales Edition No UPC signed by Dan Jurgens
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #V1 N4 [1987]Mirage Studios, Error Edition (Misprint Variant)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #V6 N1 [2011]IDW, Kevin Eastman Incentive Variant 1:100
Wes Craven's Coming of Rage #1 [2015]Liquid Comics, Ultra Rare Variant Bloody White Collectors Edition (Limited to only 100 copies ever made!)

I'm super excited for this batch! As you can tell, maybe I was too excited, no?!

It says to use rewards but no rewards available. It won't let me remove the option either.

2.Choose a payment method
Use rewards:
No rewards points available

But I'm chosing bank account anyway so what's the deal?
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Rewards haven't even been implemented yet. Maybe they are working on that in the background and something screwed up the foreground. Might be what's coming on the 15th.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Well this stinks because I'm ready to checkout and it won't let me. I am staying as a free member for now. I do not wish to buy bronze or whatever.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I don't think membership will have anything to do with rewards. The bronze is a good deal if you have a few moderns valuable enough to warrant 2-Day grading to use the ecoupons on.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Sounds like a bad script. Try changing browsers.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxbladder
Sounds like a bad script. Try changing browsers.

Oh no, I'm not reinputting those 15 comics all over again....that took a ridiculous amount of time. I'm using Chrome browser. So if anyone at CBCS wants to fix this, uh, yeah, uh - that'd be great!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Nope, tried a new order in Internet Explorer and same thing. Ordering cart system not working. Anyone else wanna try right quick and make an order and try and submit? You'll see what I'm talking about.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I think the cart has a save feature where you can save what you entered without checking out.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Nope.
Post 9 IP   flag post
OK I figured it out. You have to click the large grey buttons on the bottom left that state "Use selected shipping" and "Use selected payment" etc. I am a bonehead. I'm sorry, folks. How this eluded me the first order is beyond me!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Mikey's been eating penicillin pizza 🍕 again.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Revelations private msg quote post Address this user
Poor web design if they are using gray buttons. Gray usually means it's not usable. They should change the color.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Poor web design is CBCS's number one problem.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Order #2:

Journey Into Mystery #V1 N112 [1965] signed by Stan Lee
Walking Dead #1 Michael Golden Variant signed by Michael Golden
Preacher #1 [1995]Vertigo, Modern Age
Absolute Vertigo #1 [1995] Vertigo, Modern Age
Before Watchmen: Dr. Manhattan #1 [2012]DC Comics, Incentive Jim Lee Variant 1:200
Escape of the Living Dead: Airborne #1 [2006]Sketch Cover signed by Dheeraj Verma and Mike Wolfer
Hellboy: Buster Oakley Gets His Wish #1 [2011]Dark Horse, Mignola 25th Anniversary Variant,signed by Kevin Nowlan and Mike Mignola
Outcast #1 [2014] First Printing
Spectacular Spider-Man #V1 N1 [1976]Marvel Comics
Star Wars #V1 N38 [1980]Marvel Comics, signed by Michael Golden
Superman #V2 N75 [1993]Direct Sales Edition No UPC signed by Dan Jurgens
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #V1 N4 [1987]Mirage Studios, Error Edition (Misprint Variant)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #V6 N1 [2011]IDW, Kevin Eastman Incentive Variant 1:100
Wes Craven's Coming of Rage #1 [2015]Liquid Comics, Ultra Rare Variant Bloody White Collectors Edition (Limited to only 100 copies ever made!)

I'm super excited for this batch! As you can tell, maybe I was too excited, no?!
Post 14 IP   flag post
The only book on that list I own is TMNT v1 #4, but it's not an error copy.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Ah, I see the error was on the 2nd printing. My #4 is a first print.
Post 16 IP   flag post
http://www.recalledcomics.com/TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles4Error.php

Only 1000 survived.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Stelbert_Stylton private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
I don't think membership will have anything to do with rewards.

If I'm reading this page correctly, you don't get any rewards unless you buy a membership.

https://www.cbcscomics.com/membership
Post 18 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelbert_Stylton
Quote:

If I'm reading this page correctly, you don't get any rewards unless you buy a membership.

I'm reading it that way also looking at the check marks and x's
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWKyle
Quote:
Quote:

I'm reading it that way also looking at the check marks and x's

Yup, and the column says "Free, Non-Member".
Post 20 IP   flag post
Yeah. Unless you are going to spend $800+, it's not worth it. The $2 difference between free and bronze is 50 books. That's $800, so you break even on the membership. Then for that amount spent, you get 1600 pts, divide that by 100 and you get $16, the cost of another submission.

You get 2 coupons and 3 fast passes too, but again, it's only worth it if you are going to submit 50+ books over a year's time.
Post 21 IP   flag post
My bad, I didn't catch that free membership didn't have rewards points.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelations
Yeah. Unless you are going to spend $800+, it's not worth it. The $2 difference between free and bronze is 50 books. That's $800, so you break even on the membership. Then for that amount spent, you get 1600 pts, divide that by 100 and you get $16, the cost of another submission.

You get 2 coupons and 3 fast passes too, but again, it's only worth it if you are going to submit 50+ books over a year's time.

The bronze tier is $100 and you get $80 in free submissions plus $30 in Fast Passes (granted, they are Moderns). The silver tier is $150 and you get $160 in free submissions. As far as I can see the membership just about pays for itself right away. I'm not sure where the 50+ submission thing is coming from.
Post 23 IP   flag post
You don't have to submit 50 books a year to make the bronze membership worthwhile. If you own at least 2 high priced moderns in which using the 2-day modern tier makes sense it pays for itself.

Actually you get $110 worth of ecoupons with the bronze if you compare the free tier prices.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:

The bronze tier is $100 and you get $80 in free submissions plus $30 in Fast Passes (granted, they are Moderns). The silver tier is $150 and you get $160 in free submissions. As far as I can see the membership just about pays for itself right away. I'm not sure where the 50+ submission thing is coming from.

The 50 submissions is coming from the cost difference in modern between free and bronze. It costs $18/book in free, $16 in bronze. That is $2. Since the cost of membership is $100, it would take you 50 books to make up the difference. I did not take into account the 2x 2-day modern coupons, so, yes, that does help with the offset.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelations
Quote:

The 50 submissions is coming from the cost difference in modern between free and bronze. It costs $18/book in free, $16 in bronze. That is $2. Since the cost of membership is $100, it would take you 50 books to make up the difference. I did not take into account the 2x 2-day modern coupons, so, yes, that does help with the offset.

This is a modern-centric viewpoint too. If you use Rapid you make up the difference with 11 books, with Quickstream you break even with 16 books, etc.
Post 26 IP   flag post
598060 26 26
This topic is archived. Start new topic?