Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden Age

My re-pressed new new slab is back!701

Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user
Here's my new CGC case. This book was wavy in the new holder after being pressed(I posted the pic in a previous thread but I'm not sure which one) It was sent back to CCS. I actually didn't know that the new case was the problem until after I returned it. Anyway, I first have to say that Cynthia at CCS was great!
She actually had them remove some glue that resulted in a PLOD becoming a blue label. This was all done at no charge. The front of the book is perfectly flat and there are no newton rings. But I'm not sure what's going on in the back. The center is really warped. Anyone else get new cases back?

Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Is that the new Frankenslab with the innerwell? Looks like the plastic on the back of the innerwell is bunching up because the outer shell is too small for it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Either that or the package could have been exposed to heat on the other boards there was some pictures posted at one time where the wells were warped like it got too hot. You may want to give them a call and see what they could do for you
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Is that the new Frankenslab with the innerwell? Looks like the plastic on the back of the innerwell is bunching up because the outer shell is too small for it.

It is the Frankenslab
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helric1
Quote:

It is the Frankenslab
hopefully that name sticks would serve them right i almost wander if they're cutting down magazine size wells to fit the goldenage books in these
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWKyle
Quote:
Quote:

It is the Frankenslab
hopefully that name sticks would serve them right i almost wander if they're cutting down magazine size wells to fit the goldenage books in these

Bingo, we have a winnah!
Post 6 IP   flag post
@Helric1 I would stop monkeying around with them and send it to CBCS so they can do it right. Unless that is one of those books that's too big for CBCS?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Helric1 I would stop monkeying around with them and send it to CBCS so they can do it right. Unless that is one of those books that's too big for CBCS?
Nope, we could slab that one.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

This
Post 9 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I'm not sure what's going on in the back. The center is really warped.

It's called puddling. In some cases, it can leave an impression in the back cover. I have an X-Men 120 in cgc 9.6 with the same issue.
Post 10 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I can't wrap my head around how revolutionary the new slab is! Clearly CGC is operating on a much higher level than I am!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

That is definitely the back cover.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
I might just crack it out, put it in mylar and move on to other things
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Iceman399 private msg quote post Address this user
thanks for posting this. reaffirms me holding off subbing more books with them for the time being.
Post 14 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
I'm not sure what's going on in the back. The center is really warped.

It's called puddling. In some cases, it can leave an impression in the back cover. I have an X-Men 120 in cgc 9.6 with the same issue.

This is a known issue with the old CGC inner well. The puddle can be almost as big as the back of the slab, or small like the size of a silver dollar. It does leave an impression, as I have cracked out many slabs over the years and can attest to this.
Post 15 IP   flag post
I just got this response from CGC - "I'm sorry you are unhappy, but this is our newest version with the inner well. We used to use these inner wells back in our old cases. What you see on the back is just on the plastic and will do no harm to your comic and these was also present even in our old style of holder."
Post 16 IP   flag post
Can we start up a collection to send Neil Degrasse Tyson over to CGC to give them a lesson in basic physics?
Post 17 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I just got this response from CGC - "I'm sorry you are unhappy, but this is our newest version with the inner well. We used to use these inner wells back in our old cases. What you see on the back is just on the plastic and will do no harm to your comic and these was also present even in our old style of holder."

I don't know what the company line might be at the cgc, but it can leave an indention in the back cover of your book. I've seen it.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Stelbert_Stylton private msg quote post Address this user
http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7608233&fpart=1
Post 19 IP   flag post
598065 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?