Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Ecoupons, something has to change691

COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Ok, I'm not intending this be a rant, but something needs to change.

Today CBCS graded my first submission. As per the instructions on how to use ecoupons, I wrote on my invoice that I wanted to use my two 2-Day ecoupons.

My credit card was charged the total of the invoice no coupons deducted. Now I know mistakes happen and I'm sure CBCS will make me whole. I've already sent messages to CS and Steve Rickets. But, this current system of having to write in our coupons is just plain silly, it opens up for too much human error.

The website shopping cart needs to incorporate actual coupons that deduct actual amounts right from our invoice so that no errors can be made. Seriously guys it's 2016 here and every other website on planet earth has coupon codes built in.
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego What sucks is that the online checkout used to have a field for inputting a deduction such as for the "sorry your order was late" coupons you get. There were still issues with that system though since the site would only allow you to input whole dollars while the coupons always included some sort of cent value.

I've said it before that CBCS' major shortcoming is their software side; whether it's late, like the forums were, slow like the data migration, missing features like the forums and the current checkout, or features implemented improperly like coupons and VSP signatures (the site used to require a date and location before proceeding to add the VSP book to your invoice) on the old site.

If CBCS could just get that side up to standard this place would be loads better (and it's already pretty great)
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Ya I thought Zachary and I managed to get my coupons applied to my bill but no such luck They really need to get those actually applicable during the whole submission process rather including notes.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Agree with you guys. I guess I have a bunch of fun to look forward to with customer service. I'm going to mail out 18 books Friday morning. I'll be using my coupons and fast passes with my members on books in that shipment.
If the e portion of the coupons isn't going to be ready, why not mail or email the coupons out?
Post 4 IP   flag post
I have to say Customer Service is great. My problem was solved before I even got out of bed, granted I do work nights so that was around noon lol. This is still a big issue of their website that needs addressed though.

P.S. Direct messages to Steve Rickets get answered a lot faster than the generic customer service email address.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Jerkfro private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego

P.S. Direct messages to Steve Rickets get answered a lot faster than the generic customer service email address.

Dice is the bees knees.
Although, he was more entertaining when he was a malcontent
Post 6 IP   flag post
Moderator The_Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkfro
Quote:

Dice is the bees knees.
Although, he more entertaining when he was a malcontent

The things responsibility and a job title do to a guy
Post 7 IP   flag post
I'm guessing Dice 🎲 is Steve's nickname and the story behind it is verboten?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Moderator The_Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Dice X is his board name from across the street
Post 9 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Dice is the bees knees.

Sir, I believe you have me confused with someone else.

Post 10 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Watcher
Quote:

Dice X is his board name from across the street

Didn't know that. Good to know.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:
Quote:

Dice is the bees knees.

Sir, I believe you have me confused with someone else.

Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Dice is the bees knees.
What in the world makes you think he's not still a malcontent? We had to put a shock collar on him to moderate his behavior on the forum.
Post 13 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Steve this ones for you
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBildhauser
Quote:
Quote:

Dice is the bees knees.
What in the world makes you think he's not still a malcontent? We had to put a shock collar on him to moderate his behavior on the forum.

That would explain a lot. He seems so.......respectable here. It's shocking!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Arikhan private msg quote post Address this user
I am about to use my ecoupons. 2x two day modern. But when I go to checkout is it going to charge my card first, then CS will refund me when they process the order? Is that how it works?
Post 16 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Arikhan The order isn't actually charged until the books are received. I believe the current process is that you submit the order, add in the notes that you want to use the coupons and when the order is received the invoice will be adjusted before your card is charged
Post 17 IP   flag post
Physically write your ecoupons onto your printed invoice.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector bennyb86 private msg quote post Address this user
so newbie question, what qualifies someone to get an ecoupon? I just got back my first order and didn't get any coupons and it was way over the stated TAT when I submitted
Post 19 IP   flag post
@bennyb86 generally when we talk about ecoupons it's in reference to the one's that come with the yearly memberships. However CBCS has been known to pack ecoupons into shipments, but I don't think they do it often.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector bennyb86 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@bennyb86 generally when we talk about ecoupons it's in reference to the one's that come with the yearly memberships. However CBCS has been known to pack ecoupons into shipments, but I don't think they do it often.

thank you!! I was under the impression if the order was late you got coupons. Thanks for clearing that up.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector SilverAgeFan private msg quote post Address this user
I'm unsure of exactly what I received for my silver level membership. A little help!!!!!???
Post 22 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@SilverAgeFan This will explain the ecoupons. With the silver level, you get two coupons good for free grading up to the rapid tier.

https://www.cbcscomics.com/membership
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector SilverAgeFan private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O, Thank you wise Odin.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector Revelations private msg quote post Address this user
I just signed up for a Bronze membership today. Are there any actual coupons that get mailed? Trying to find information on the website is tiresome.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector Mathyus_42 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelations
I just signed up for a Bronze membership today. Are there any actual coupons that get mailed? Trying to find information on the website is tiresome.

No, they do not have actual coupons. I sent a note with my books stating what coupon I was using for each book. They applied them, and charged me accordingly.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector huskershawn69 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathyus_42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelations

No, they do not have actual coupons. I sent a note with my books stating what coupon I was using for each book. They applied them, and charged me accordingly.

I used my coupons last week, sent a note with my books, but still had to call to get things adjusted accordingly.

The guy in billing was very nice and straightened in out in less than 5 minutes.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Thanks guys. I wish information was easier to find on the website.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
you shouldn't even have to look on the website. You SHOULD have the option at checkout to apply any coupons. It would be 1000000000% better than what they have now.
Post 29 IP   flag post
It seems like they don't have a database tied to their ordering system. It would explain a lot.
Post 30 IP   flag post
598062 35 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?