Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS GradedCBCS Original Art Program OAPCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSP

Collector roarzola private msg quote post Address this user
I think new labels would be cool. But how many different labels could there be? I liked the other thread that said red for Marvel, blue for DC, and B&W for Dark Horse. Coloring the label based on publisher. Or they could just have some specific character driven labels as such:

Superman and Batman obviously would get their own labels.
Justice League- this label could be used for Green Arrow, Flash, Wonder Women, Aquaman, and such
Spiderman- this would include venom and carnage
Avengers- this label could be used for Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, and such characters.
X-men- this label for Wolverine and various xmen characters
Deadpool- Now I thought he should maybe be under the xmen label but then I thought, why not? He needs his own label.

and then there could be labels for the big independent books like Walking Dead, TMNT, Transformers, and others.
Post 126 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBoy
I think "Boring No More" could mean one of two things - a label redesign or a website redesign (which would include a census, a better forum, and/or collector sets. I really hope it's the latter.

Thought about it and your right, the website is boring. Could use a new "face"
Post 127 IP   flag post
Collector Stelbert_Stylton private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by roarzola
I think new labels would be cool. But how many different labels could there be? I liked the other thread that said red for Marvel, blue for DC, and B&W for Dark Horse. Coloring the label based on publisher. Or they could just have some specific character driven labels as such:

Justice League- this label could be used for Green Arrow, Flash, Wonder Women, Aquaman, and such
Avengers- this label could be used for Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, and such characters.
Deadpool- Now I thought he should maybe be under the xmen label but then I thought, why not? He needs his own label.

and then there could be labels for the big independent books like Walking Dead, TMNT, Transformers, and others.

What a fustercluck this would be.
Post 128 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
They are dealing with with so many variables that we are not privy to, if they decide to announce one feature before other features there's a logical reason behind that decision, and we don't have all the facts to tell them that's the wrong decision.

LOL!
Post 129 IP   flag post
Collector DannyBoy private msg quote post Address this user
If they were redesigning the labels, why would they produce a new video showing off the current labels?

new CBCS video

It's got to be a website redesign.

A website should be exciting - not boring.

The label should never be "exciting" - it distracts from the book. The current labels are clean, elegant, and perfect as-is.
Post 130 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelbert_Stylton
Quote:
Originally Posted by roarzola

What a fustercluck this would be.

Wouldn't it be? It would be amazing, but yeah, it would be insane. How about a clip art program on the site and you design your own label?
Post 131 IP   flag post
Collector Jerkfro private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
@Stelbert_Stylton How so? How is giving customers more options slapping them in the face?

Because they have bigger fish to fry. This chatboard, the grading note migration, TATs, census, and registry should all take precedence over vanity labels. If all they announce is some vanity labels, after all this teasing, that'd be lame.

According to some people, label aesthetics are paramount. I think that stuff is way down on the priority list.
Post 132 IP   flag post
I personally was hoping for magazine size slabs. I am not to interested in census or even a new web design. I get that they are important to some, maybe most, people so I am sure they are working on them.

I think right now, what ever it is they put out, just shows how they are listening to customers and are doing their best not to just sit around. This means a lot in my book.
Post 133 IP   flag post
Collector Mathyus_42 private msg quote post Address this user
I am hoping that if it is something with the labels, books that are in, and have yet to be graded can get in on the change. I currently have about 52 or so books in, and would be cool to have those fun options on the ones they have now.
Post 134 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathyus_42
Address this user plus 10
I am hoping that if it is something with the labels, books that are in, and have yet to be graded can get in on the change. I currently have about 52 or so books in, and would be cool to have those fun options on the ones they have now.
16 minutes ago Post 134 • IP   flag post

agree
Post 135 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
I hope it's all site based working on the forum, finishing the migration , census , registry all in web stuff I hope. Or realigning some of the grading tiers to make is possible to get a pre-75 book graded for more in the 22.50-23.00 dollar range and I don't care if there is a minimum of 15 books for that price point CGC beats CBCS in this aspect. Magazine and label redesign is so far down on my wish list I hope this is not the announcement because if it is I'm going to be very disappointment. Guess we'll find out on the 15th by the way what time will this be announced?
Post 136 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Post 137 IP   flag post
Collector Resurrection private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella5
I am going to stick with what I had posted on the FB page last week, I think it's not so much a redesigned label, but perhaps a choice of labels. Meaning the standard label will still be used, but possibly CBCS has worked out with Marvel and DC special labels featuring iconic characters related to books being graded/slabbed.

It would be a real slap in the face to CBCS customers if this is all it turns out to be.
As a customer, I don't care what the announcement is. I have already adapted to the forum style, the labels are fine (although I have preferred the multiple colored labels for restored and qualified). The slap in the face is that CBCS is hitting the ground running and people are just whining. They are doing a god job, stop crying.
Post 138 IP   flag post
Post 139 IP   flag post
Post 140 IP   flag post
Collector Resurrection private msg quote post Address this user
@Stelbert_Stylton One of my favorite bands.
Post 141 IP   flag post
:thumbsup: I've seen them many times since the mid-80s.
Post 142 IP   flag post
Collector matterus023 private msg quote post Address this user
I'd put my money on new labels for sure
Post 143 IP   flag post
Post 144 IP   flag post
Collector Dick_Pontoon private msg quote post Address this user
I just hope it's not an announcement that they're going to start slabbing Treasuries.
Post 145 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user

Post 146 IP   flag post
I'm guessing more emoticons/smilies because that's important
Post 147 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick_Pontoon
I just hope it's not an announcement that they're going to start slabbing Treasuries.

I just don't get why anyone wants these. They will be enormous and possibly quite fragile. I won't even get into the ridiculous storage concerns and the weight of having slabs that big. Regular slabs are bad enough.
Post 148 IP   flag post
Yeah, but you could apply that same logic to all slabs. Any of them are bulkier and take up more space than bagged and boarded comics. My main concern is that once there’s a market for those big books in slabs, prices will be driven up. I'm happy that HG copies of mostly all of them are reasonable to me.
Post 149 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts Busting out my favorite Star Trek GIF, well played sir, well played.
Post 150 IP   flag post
Collector D84 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts

From "The Trouble with Tribbles."

I recently bought the Blu Ray box set of the original series, and have been watching them in order, but had to watch that one first.
Post 151 IP   flag post
Do you like the new CGI effects or prefer the original?
Post 152 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Don't tell me they Lucused up Star Trek?
Post 153 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Don't tell me they Lucused up Star Trek?
I think it adds to it. Where they could they inserted better planet shots and cleaned up the special effects where they could. And yes there are still people running around in rubber suits and such so they didn't destroy any of the characters it's more all the peripheral stuff
Post 154 IP   flag post
Oh and it's clear as heck
Post 155 IP   flag post
601338 292 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?