Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS GradedCBCS Original Art Program OAPCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSP

Collector SilverAgeFan private msg quote post Address this user
I do have some "special" packing. And, it's biodegradable.... And a Deadhead album.
Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector Jerkfro private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:
Originally Posted by catrick339
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverAgeFan
Naw, all the new graders are gonna be middle aged, long haired, bearded hippies. Reminds me of someone.

Is it true that in the grading room, the only music that can be played is The Grateful Dead?

(Runs away laughing)

We call it an "occupational hazard."

Must be hard to grade comics through all the smoke.

That's a joke folks. a joke
Post 102 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Has there ever been a comic printed on hemp paper?
Post 103 IP   flag post
Collector SilverAgeFan private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah Darth, Hillary's emails. I heard they were comical and went up in smoke.....
Post 104 IP   flag post
Collector Designer_Toast private msg quote post Address this user
Census and sets.

I'm still hoping for drone delivery with Borock singing Truckin' via a speaker on said drone.
Post 105 IP   flag post

Collector Designer_Toast private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
All the extra business made it possible to buy PGX.

I wouldn't wipe my ass with a PGX label
Post 106 IP   flag post
That's one place you don't want a cardboard cut.
Post 107 IP   flag post
Collector D84 private msg quote post Address this user
Are you giving out free tickets to Ghostbusters?
Post 108 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by D84
Are you giving out free tickets to Ghostbusters?

No but Steve will send your slab back slime covered free of charge.
Post 109 IP   flag post
I think I have figured this thing out. On 7/15 Steve will announce that Oceans 14 will be filmed on location at CBCS as the plot will revolve around breaking into the vault of an eccentric comic collector. Stan Lee will have a cameo of course. Ben Affleck has been added to the cast as well.
Post 110 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Be prepared for 7.15.16 by subscribing to our YouTube channel.
http://bit.ly/29vEUTa
‪#‎CBCScomics‬ ‪#‎WeHeardYou‬

Post 111 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
It's about the label. I get it now. The label is going to omit any information about the book and just have the grade in a bold, back lit manner. I can dig that.
Post 112 IP   flag post
Eh, he's just trying to throw us off the scent! No way they redesigned the label.
Post 113 IP   flag post
Collector Jerkfro private msg quote post Address this user
I subscribed. Better be good. Does it involve beer? Cuz, you know, beer makes everything better.

And bacon

Definitely bacon
Post 114 IP   flag post
Collector Kinsella5 private msg quote post Address this user
I am going to stick with what I had posted on the FB page last week, I think it's not so much a redesigned label, but perhaps a choice of labels. Meaning the standard label will still be used, but possibly CBCS has worked out with Marvel and DC special labels featuring iconic characters related to books being graded/slabbed. For example if someone sends in a Batman book, they could opt to have a Batman-related label. Superman too, etc.

It's just a guess because of the emphasis on the previous "Up up and Away" with the arrow pointing up as if pointing towards the top of a case where the label is. And now the latest with the emphasis on "Boring" as I have heard some people say the label design is rather dull/boring.

Again I am probably way off but figure I have nothing to lose by guessing. One of these days I need to finally start submitting books to CBCS, been waiting on the grading sidelines long enough.
Post 115 IP   flag post
Collector Stelbert_Stylton private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella5
I am going to stick with what I had posted on the FB page last week, I think it's not so much a redesigned label, but perhaps a choice of labels. Meaning the standard label will still be used, but possibly CBCS has worked out with Marvel and DC special labels featuring iconic characters related to books being graded/slabbed.

It would be a real slap in the face to CBCS customers if this is all it turns out to be.
Post 116 IP   flag post
@Stelbert_Stylton How so? How is giving customers more options slapping them in the face?
Post 117 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Everything is a slap in the face when all you want to do is complain.
Post 118 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
@Stelbert_Stylton How so? How is giving customers more options slapping them in the face?

Because they have bigger fish to fry. This chatboard, the grading note migration, TATs, census, and registry should all take precedence over vanity labels. If all they announce is some vanity labels, after all this teasing, that'd be lame.
Post 119 IP   flag post
We want all the things, and we want them now! 😜
Post 120 IP   flag post
Prioritize.
Post 121 IP   flag post
Collector DannyBoy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelbert_Stylton

Because they have bigger fish to fry. This chatboard, the grading note migration, TATs, census, and registry should all take precedence over vanity labels. If all they announce is some vanity labels, after all this teasing, that'd be lame.

THIS!
Post 122 IP   flag post
Let CBCS decide their priorities.
Post 123 IP   flag post
They are dealing with with so many variables that we are not privy to, if they decide to announce one feature before other features there's a logical reason behind that decision, and we don't have all the facts to tell them that's the wrong decision.
Post 124 IP   flag post
I think "Boring No More" could mean one of two things - a label redesign or a website redesign (which would include a census, a better forum, and/or collector sets). I really hope it's the latter.
Post 125 IP   flag post
Collector roarzola private msg quote post Address this user
I think new labels would be cool. But how many different labels could there be? I liked the other thread that said red for Marvel, blue for DC, and B&W for Dark Horse. Coloring the label based on publisher. Or they could just have some specific character driven labels as such:

Superman and Batman obviously would get their own labels.
Justice League- this label could be used for Green Arrow, Flash, Wonder Women, Aquaman, and such
Spiderman- this would include venom and carnage
Avengers- this label could be used for Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, and such characters.
X-men- this label for Wolverine and various xmen characters
Deadpool- Now I thought he should maybe be under the xmen label but then I thought, why not? He needs his own label.

and then there could be labels for the big independent books like Walking Dead, TMNT, Transformers, and others.
Post 126 IP   flag post
Collector roarzola private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBoy
I think "Boring No More" could mean one of two things - a label redesign or a website redesign (which would include a census, a better forum, and/or collector sets. I really hope it's the latter.

Thought about it and your right, the website is boring. Could use a new "face"
Post 127 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by roarzola
I think new labels would be cool. But how many different labels could there be? I liked the other thread that said red for Marvel, blue for DC, and B&W for Dark Horse. Coloring the label based on publisher. Or they could just have some specific character driven labels as such:

Superman and Batman obviously would get their own labels.
Justice League- this label could be used for Green Arrow, Flash, Wonder Women, Aquaman, and such
Spiderman- this would include venom and carnage
Avengers- this label could be used for Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, and such characters.
X-men- this label for Wolverine and various xmen characters
Deadpool- Now I thought he should maybe be under the xmen label but then I thought, why not? He needs his own label.

and then there could be labels for the big independent books like Walking Dead, TMNT, Transformers, and others.

What a fustercluck this would be.
Post 128 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
They are dealing with with so many variables that we are not privy to, if they decide to announce one feature before other features there's a logical reason behind that decision, and we don't have all the facts to tell them that's the wrong decision.

LOL!
Post 129 IP   flag post
If they were redesigning the labels, why would they produce a new video showing off the current labels?

new CBCS video

It's got to be a website redesign.

A website should be exciting - not boring.

The label should never be "exciting" - it distracts from the book. The current labels are clean, elegant, and perfect as-is.
Post 130 IP   flag post
600892 292 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?