Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

Amazing Spider-Man 15 Variant Covers680

Collector SilverAgeFan private msg quote post Address this user
I've got 3 sets of the J Scott Campbell sketch/color autograph variant covers coming. They'll be going straight to CBCS for grading and encapsulation. By the time I get them back, I should have a good idea what they'll sell for on EBay. I'll keep 1 set for myself and sell the other two. I have to do stuff like this to pay for the ever increasing cost of the older books I collect.
Post 26 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverAgeFan
I've got 3 sets of the J Scott Campbell sketch/color autograph variant covers coming. They'll be going straight to CBCS for grading and encapsulation. By the time I get them back, I should have a good idea what they'll sell for on EBay. I'll keep 1 set for myself and sell the other two. I have to do stuff like this to pay for the ever increasing cost of the older books I collect.

I call dibs.
Post 27 IP   flag post
@DarthLego, one set has your name on it Darth. As I've so wonderfully been reminded, right now, you know it'll be about 3 months from the time CBCS gets them until I see them. We'll figure out a fair price for them then. But it will be less than they go for on EBay at that time.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Revelations private msg quote post Address this user
I only got a set of the autographed ones. I didn't think they'd sell out that quickly. I only got them because I love his work and MJ in the Iron Jane outfit is pretty awesome. Mine will also be going to cbcs, but I won't be selling them. I considered selling the B&W until I looked closer at the cover. It's got additional artwork in the background that makes it really unique.
Post 29 IP   flag post
With the Iron Jane costume, once again, we're reminded just how much Tony Stark permeates the MCU. Kind of the thread that runs through all of it.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydknight
It really bums me out that I missed the window and scalpers snagged these first. The prices on EBay for them are just ridiculous.

The exact reason I refuse to play the game.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector rckstr1253 private msg quote post Address this user
I'll take the other set once they are graded, silverage
Post 32 IP   flag post
I sent you a PM rckstr.
Post 33 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Quote:
It really bums me out that I missed the window and scalpers snagged these first. The prices on EBay for them are just ridiculous.

I don't try and chase the hot books either and will usually go and pick them up at a later time when the thrill of the chase has worn off and speculators start trying to move the over stock but some books still hurt that I didn't get them
Post 34 IP   flag post
I'm so mad that I had a set of the signed Campbell Mary Jane variants in the cart but was at work on the phone and when I got back to it, it had sold out.

Will these be like his all new wolverine variants that can be had pretty easily after the shine wears off on them?
Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstr1253
I'm so mad that I had a set of the signed Campbell Mary Jane variants in the cart but was at work on the phone and when I got back to it, it had sold out.

This happened to me with the Aspen JL#1 sketch set, only difference is I didn't walk away, litterally from adding it to my cart to the time it took me to type my phone number in and hit the submit button it was gone. Like 5 seconds.
Post 36 IP   flag post
@rckstr1253, literally, I believe that it depends on the numbers printed. I try to read and learn ahead of time what's coming , the hotness and the print run. I did that and ended up with almost 20 Wonder Woman #38's with the Finch cover. Payed less than $50 each and ungraded, they've hit over $300. I'm waiting on 7 graded ones to hit my mailbox.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector Abrowncoat private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstr1253

Will these be like his all new wolverine variants that can be had pretty easily after the shine wears off on them?

I'd compare this to the Renew Your Vows #1 variant he did last year. If you look into how that book is doing, it may help you figure out how much you'd have to spend on this one in the future.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Does anyone know if Aspen has anymore Marvel variants planned?
Post 39 IP   flag post
Collector Designer_Toast private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Prices for exclusives have gotten out of hand and it sucks that some people Quote:
Quote:

At the last show I attended, I saw ridiculous mark ups as high as 1000% on exclusives. I remember being told by one seller that I should be marking books much higher. You have to leave enough meat on the bone for everyone. Good luck with that in dealing with some online sellers.
Post 40 IP   flag post
@Designer_Toast I couldn't agree more. If we want our great hobby to grow and especially the next generation to enjoy it, prices need to be affordable to everyone. When there is something I want to sell for a profit, I try to buy multiple issues and then sell for a sma. Profit by undercutting the eBay scalpers. Makes them mad but I can sleep at night and my buyers know they're getting a fair deal.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector Designer_Toast private msg quote post Address this user
@SilverAgeFan That's how to do it. You don't need to turn people upside down and try to shake the last penny from their pockets. There's plenty for everyone and it's a shame to see greed get the better of some people.
Post 42 IP   flag post
There are also buyers that I refuse to sell to. Those that I KNOW that try to buy from me and then resell for a larger profit do not get to buy from me.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Collector Revelations private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Does anyone know if Aspen has anymore Marvel variants planned?

Considering how much money they just made, I don't see why not. Even if they don't have more Turner images, they have some very talented artists. I would expect to see more DC/Marvel variants coming from them.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Just received today

Post 45 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@rckstr1253 That Cap is SWEET!!! Is that an original piece or a print?
Post 46 IP   flag post
Sry I meant to post in the new arrival thread. It's a print but I believe rare as I've never seen these before for sale
Post 47 IP   flag post
601380 47 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?