Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkCBCS GradedMemorabilia

Anthonyscomicbookart.com Comic Con trip678

Collector AnthonySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
Hello fellow collectors,

It’s that time of the year again where I head out for the San Diego Comic Con and drive my entire inventory of original comic book art and CGCs across America. What makes that fun and worthwhile is doing business along the way with my customers.

We’ll be leaving New Jersey Saturday (7/9) and stopping for a Horror Convention in Pittsburgh PA on Sunday (7/10.)

From there we’ll be driving along the route through Columbus OH, St. Louis MO, and Oklahoma City OK to Phoenix AZ and setting up for a special one day show at Jesse James Comics on Wednesday (7/13.)

After that we’ll be in Los Angeles CA Saturday & Sunday (7/16 – 7/17) available to meet with people. We’re going to set up at a pop up location TBD so stay tuned.

After that it’s on to the main event in San Diego CA! Attendees, let me know with wants so I can have pulls available. We’ll be arriving there on Monday (7/18) if you’re in the area and would like to get together before the Con. Then we’ll be set up on Tuesday (7/19) and will be at the San Diego Comic Con International through Sunday (7/24) in the same spot as always, against the wall in Hall A booth #5507 in a wide 4 booth set up BUYING – SELLING – TRADING!

After the Con, I’ll be traveling back through Tucson AZ, San Antonio TX, and stopping in Houston TX at a pop up event at my friend Rober’s store the Pop Culture Company on Wednesday (7/27.)

Then it’s the home stretch! I’ll be passing through New Orleans LA, Montgomery AL, Atlanta GA, Charlotte NC, Greensboro NC, Richmond VA, Washington DC, Baltimore MD, Philadelphia PH, and finally back home to Jersey on Friday (7/29.)

If you are anywhere on this cross country route and would like to meet up, call me at 917-821-8893. I’m always happy to do deals on buying, selling, and trading original comic book art, comics, CGCs, and collectibles.

Thanks,
AS

Jesse James Comics 5140 W Peoria Ave #100, Glendale, AZ 85302

San Diego Convention Center 111 W Harbor Dr, San Diego, CA 92101

The Pop Culture Company 11313 Katy Fwy, Houston, TX 77079
Thanks,
AS

Check out my eBay Store with over 60,000 items!
anthonyscomicbookart-online

We have 37,000 comic books in stock!

Visit our art site with 1000's of pages!
www.anthonyscomicbookart.com

350+ CGCs Available

Find us on Facebook
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
So... you're pimping your booth at the con and advertising that you have CGC books for sale on CBCS's forum?
Do you have CBCS books for sale also?
If you don't have any CBCS books for sale at the con then I don't think you should be advertising CGC books here.

Point the first: It's bad form to advertise the competition's product here.(Possibly a violation of the TOS?)

Point the second: If you wish to advertise graded comics for sale at your booth here, maybe have some CBCS books to advertise.

Point the third: I think most of the guys over here have been soured off the new CGC destroyer slabs, so I doubt you're going to get many visitors from here to your booth by advertising them here.

All that said, good luck with your venture.
Post 2 IP   flag post
you are right I should have changed the CGC tag bc I have been using CBCS as well and especially lately .I should have stated "slabbed" books bc there are a mix now in my inventory .The excuse is that I have been saying "CGCs" for so long its like saying "Kleenex " or "Scott towels"
thanks
Anthony
Post 3 IP   flag post
By the way I have been friends with SB for 20 plus years and I'm sure he would forgive me
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Hello Anthony, I was curious how you handle the fluctuation in temperatures and storing the graded books with such a long trip you are going on through some pretty hot areas? I do just local shows and I am always concerned about getting them out of my truck quickly. I use a cube van with a roll up door. This would also apply to winter shows too. Thanks, Brian
Post 5 IP   flag post
i bought a mercedes sprinter van and have air conditioning
box vans are ovens
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonySnyder
you are right I should have changed the CGC tag bc I have been using CBCS as well and especially lately .I should have stated "slabbed" books bc there are a mix now in my inventory .The excuse is that I have been saying "CGCs" for so long its like saying "Kleenex " or "Scott towels"
thanks
Anthony

No worries guy, slips happen. Like saying "coke" when you really mean Dr Pepper, Ne Hi, Mellow Yellow, ETC.
I hope you don't have to take anything back home.
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Safe travels and have fun hopefully the van will come back with far less items then you leave with. Although coming back with more items could be a good thing also.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector qube private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Anthony,

It's Marq.

Have a safe trip, unfortunately I won't be seeing you this year.

Long story, but hopefully at NYCC, or next year in San Diego.

Marq
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonySnyder
Hello fellow collectors,

It’s that time of the year again where I head out for the San Diego Comic Con and drive my entire inventory of original comic book art and slabbed comics across America. What makes that fun and worthwhile is doing business along the way with my customers.

We’ll be leaving New Jersey Saturday (7/9) and stopping for a Horror Convention in Pittsburgh PA on Sunday (7/10.)

From there we’ll be driving along the route through Columbus OH, St. Louis MO, and Oklahoma City OK to Phoenix AZ and setting up for a special one day show at Jesse James Comics on Wednesday (7/13.)

After that we’ll be in Los Angeles CA Saturday & Sunday (7/16 – 7/17) available to meet with people. We’re going to set up at a pop up location TBD so stay tuned.

After that it’s on to the main event in San Diego CA! Attendees, let me know with wants so I can have pulls available. We’ll be arriving there on Monday (7/18) if you’re in the area and would like to get together before the Con. Then we’ll be set up on Tuesday (7/19) and will be at the San Diego Comic Con International through Sunday (7/24) in the same spot as always, against the wall in Hall A booth #5507 in a wide 4 booth set up BUYING – SELLING – TRADING!

After the Con, I’ll be traveling back through Tucson AZ, San Antonio TX, and stopping in Houston TX at a pop up event at my friend Rober’s store the Pop Culture Company on Wednesday (7/27.)

Then it’s the home stretch! I’ll be passing through New Orleans LA, Montgomery AL, Atlanta GA, Charlotte NC, Greensboro NC, Richmond VA, Washington DC, Baltimore MD, Philadelphia PH, and finally back home to Jersey on Friday (7/29.)

If you are anywhere on this cross country route and would like to meet up, call me at 917-821-8893. I’m always happy to do deals on buying, selling, and trading original comic book art, comics, graded slabs, and collectibles.

Thanks,
AS

Jesse James Comics 5140 W Peoria Ave #100, Glendale, AZ 85302

San Diego Convention Center 111 W Harbor Dr, San Diego, CA 92101

The Pop Culture Company 11313 Katy Fwy, Houston, TX 77079
Thanks,
AS

Check out my eBay Store with over 60,000 items!
anthonyscomicbookart-online

We have 37,000 comic books in stock!

Visit our art site with 1000's of pages!
www.anthonyscomicbookart.com

350+ graded/slabbed comic books Available

Find us on Facebook
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Anthony, thats good to know. My truck gets real hot in the back. Thanks. Have a safe trip.
Post 11 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
clickable text

You may want to read this thread if you haven't read it yet
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Have a safe journey and may it be fruitful.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Sounds awesome, Anthony. Have fun! Also, when you're in Charlotte if you stop in at Heroes, say 'hello' to Shelton for me. (Working there was my first job, almost 30 years ago now. Saw him sell a NM Amazing Fantasy #15 for $2200, when guide was only $1200. Oh, how we laughed at that guy.)
Post 14 IP   flag post
601366 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?