Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Question for Ebay sellers6631

Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
My younger son has been selling some of my cards and comics on Ebay and something weird happened yesterday. A card he has had listed for a few months with no activity on it got 2 BIN offers within a few hours of each other for the same amount. He responded to the 1st offer with a counter offer. He can't decide if he should counter the 2nd offer or wait until the 1st responds (or lets the counteroffer expire).

He wants to do the right thing and isn't sure what the generally accepted Ebay practice is.
Does he counter the 2nd offer too or wait?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Robert86m private msg quote post Address this user
First come first serve send the counteroffer to both people
Post 2 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
What Robert said. Send your counter offer to both. If one person accepts the counter offer, eBay shows the book sold to the other person that got a counter offer. You don't need to do anything else but ship to the person that bought it
Post 3 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
all BIN bidders/offerers can see that there is another bidder/offerer. They should all understand that whoever accepts the counter offer first (regardless of who made the offer first) wins the item.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert86m
First come first serve send the counteroffer to both people

This.

Winners talk. Losers walk.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
As said - counter both
Post 6 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, counter both and the first one to accept the counter is the lucky winner.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector cjbehr948 private msg quote post Address this user
Counter both. First to accept wins.
Post 8 IP   flag post
600892 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?