Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsQuestionsSignatures

Cincy Comicon662

Collector FrankCastle129 private msg quote post Address this user
Is there two different Cincinnati comic cons? I have found two different dates and was wondering if these are held at the same place?
Post 26 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCastle129
Is there two different Cincinnati comic cons? I have found two different dates and was wondering if these are held at the same place?

There's the Cincinnati Comic Con which will be held in Covington KY ironically and then there's the Cincinnati Comic Expo held at the Duke Energy Center I think.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Wait there's a cincy comic con in Kentucky? That's more messed up then motor city comic con not being in Detroit. Which Cincinnati comic con is better? Just thinking ahead to next year.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
The Expo is generally more comic related. The Con is more of a pop culture con.
Post 29 IP   flag post
How are the crowds at both? Are they both easy to get to? Can you get through them in one day or do you need the whole weekend? Thanks for the info
Post 30 IP   flag post

The Expo is also going to have a big Star Wars guest list. Billy Dee Williams, Ray Park, Dave Prowse, and others.
Post 31 IP   flag post
The Expo gets pretty packed on Saturdays, but I got through everything there that I went for in a few hours. My buddies told me that Fridays were a little lighter. The Con isn't too different in terms of crowd size. Both are easy to get to and navigate through
Post 32 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
The Expo is generally more comic related. The Con is more of a pop culture con.

I think you have that backwards? I haven't been to either yet, fairly new in town, but the Expo has actors and such along with comic artists and writers.

BTW - @FrankCastle129, Cincy's airport is also in Northern Kentucky. I live in NKY, but I'm closer to downtown Cincinnati now (5 minutes) than I was to downtown Charlotte when I lived in that city.
Post 33 IP   flag post
I should clarify that a few of the dealers who attend both tell me that the Con seems to be more pop culture based. I won't be able to make the con this year, but I will be headed to the Expo.
Post 34 IP   flag post
I've heard the same.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector Raycolvin1 private msg quote post Address this user
Quick question? Will cbcs be taking credit cards or strictly cash at the convention?
Post 36 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raycolvin1
Quick question? Will cbcs be taking credit cards or strictly cash at the convention?

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure CBCS just takes your billing info and they don't charge until your order is in grading.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector Oldbsturgeon private msg quote post Address this user
I believe I am going to the first day of the con. I live close in WV so it's a reasonable drive
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector JeepinJesterJon private msg quote post Address this user
i am guessing this is talking about the comic expo correct with Deadpools Poppy aka Rob L. right?
Post 39 IP   flag post
@JeepinJesterJon there's two different conventions, Comicon and Comic Expo.
Post 40 IP   flag post
597970 40 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?