Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSP

Signature Label Question659

Collector cjbehr948 private msg quote post Address this user
I apologize in advance as this will probably sound like a math word problem.

I have the chance to pick up a copy of TWD #1 signed by Tony Moore. It's a CGC Qualified 9.6. If I send it as is to CBCS, it comes back with the Red Label.

If I send this to CGC when they have a Robert Kirkman signing, I'm assuming this will get their Yellow Label for Kirkman, but Moore will be acknowledged with the "Name Written on Cover".

If I send this book to CBCS as a CGC Yellow Label with a witnessed Kirkman signature & a Moore signature that needs to be Verified, how will this book ultimately come back from CBCS? Yellow Label or Red Label?

Thanks for any help that can be offered!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Red label. Any comic with a verified signature will come back as a red label regardless of how many witnessed signatures are on it. Once red, always red.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector cjbehr948 private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O: Thank ya sir!
Post 3 IP   flag post
@cjbehr948 Anytime!!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Verde private msg quote post Address this user
Does the sig Label come in any other colors? If so why?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verde
Does the sig Label come in any other colors? If so why?

The Authentic Signature (witnessed) label is yellow and the Verified Signature label is red. The yellow is used when a CBCS approved witness is present at the signing. The red is used for those books where the signature passes a verification inspection by a third party. Does that clear it up?
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
In the OP's scenario, will the red label state on it that the Kirkman was witnessed authentic?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
In the OP's scenario, will the red label state on it that the Kirkman was witnessed authentic?

Yes. It will list the date and place it was signed also.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Ok, I got another question about Yellow label books. Today right before I left for work I received my first Yellow label book that was bought on eBay. It is signed by 3 creators. I only noticed 2 signatures, so either I'm going blind or the 3rd is on the interior. Will the graders notes note the location of the signature if it's on the inside?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Yes, I believe the graders notes will say if it's in the interior. Have you tried running the number?
Post 10 IP   flag post
No, I didn't have time before work, I'll scan it when I get home. It was signed in 2014, I have a feeling it's in the old database that hasn't migrated yet.
Post 11 IP   flag post
600440 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?