Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Events

CBCS involvement in Baltimore with fan package6588

Collector Menoth79 private msg quote post Address this user
I will be attending Baltimore Comic-Con this year. VERY tempted to purchase a Capullo/Snyder fan package due to the five free signatures per. Please tell me CBCS will be present as witnesses for this?? It is quite crucial to my plan.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS will more than likely be at Baltimore, they are there every year.

1% chance they are not, there are plenty of CBCS AW's that can witness the signings for you.

CGC will also be there, with onsite grading.

CBCS may even offer onsite grading there this year.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
CBCS may even offer onsite grading there this year.

Are you speculating or did a little bird whisper something about this in your ear?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
What I am wondering if the package is bought will the signatures be eligable for yellow label or will they have to be red labeled if a witness is present? According to the rules Snyder and Capullo have to be verified by Comic Sketch Art to be eligible for a yellow label.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector obiwan1971 private msg quote post Address this user
If it’s loke the package that was offered at Awesomecon. CBCS isn’t at that event after hours unless they buy a ticket for the event like you did. That said I had a customer come to Beckett/CBCS at Awesomecon and offered to go to the event an be a witness for them. I will be at Baltimore and might have the time to do it again if you’d like to contact me directly
Post 5 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@SpiderTim AW's need to have a CBCS form for their handler or rep to sign. This is from the "CBCS Signature restrictions for AWs" thread that is stickied to the top of the forum. This is all per Mark Roman at CBCS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Roman
*** Scott Snyder, Tom King, Jock, Steve Orlando, Joshua Williamson, Marguerite Bennett, James Tynion IV, Donny Cates & Greg Capullo can only qualify for yellow label (ASP) if the AW has a CBCS form, to have handler/rep. Doug Peters sign or thru a CBCS private signing, which will show proof that you paid for the signature that will ultimately be certified under the ASP. ***
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thank you for your comment but I know all that. Maybe I expressed myself wrong. What I meant is, will the reps sign the CBCS form for the value paid for the fan package or will they charge additionally for the 5 signed books to be eligible for slabbing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@SpiderTim AW's need to have a CBCS form for their handler or rep to sign. This is from the "CBCS Signature restrictions for AWs" thread that is stickied to the top of the forum. This is all per Mark Roman at CBCS.

Quote:
*** Scott Snyder, Tom King, Jock, Steve Orlando, Joshua Williamson, Marguerite Bennett, James Tynion IV, Donny Cates & Greg Capullo can only qualify for yellow label (ASP) if the AW has a CBCS form, to have handler/rep. Doug Peters sign or thru a CBCS private signing, which will show proof that you paid for the signature that will ultimately be certified under the ASP. ***
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector farseer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim
Thank you for your comment but I know all that. Maybe I expressed myself wrong. What I meant is, will the reps sign the CBCS form for the value paid for the fan package or will they charge additionally for the 5 signed books to be eligible for slabbing?

Quote:

Quote:

This is what it says on the Fan Expo Canada site for the same package

If you would like to CGC/CBCS these items, additional charges will apply through a third party provider.
Post 8 IP   flag post
They might be only referring to the AW charges for witnessing the signature but what if I am an approved AW? Will the handlers/reps sign the submission form without inquiring in further costs or will they have an additional charge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by farseer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim

Quote:

Quote:

This is what it says on the Fan Expo Canada site for the same package

If you would like to CGC/CBCS these items, additional charges will apply through a third party provider.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@SpiderTim You'd probably have to contact the rep or handler for that information. Mark Roman might know. You can always drop him an email to make sure. If he doesn't know, maybe he can get you the contact info for the handler.
Post 10 IP   flag post
598060 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?