Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
My brother is curious about toy price guides for the toys of the 70s and 80s. The only thing I ever knew of was Toyfare, and seeing as it was a Wizard publication, may have been questionable. Are there reliable guides for this? A cursory search says yes, but I just want to know if anyone has a solid source. Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Ebay
Post 2 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
most of the good ones are out of publication now sadly
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
I trust eBay sales over any price guide. The value of something isn't what a guide says it is...but what people are actually paying for it.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
He has a weird mistrust of ebay. I told him to talk to toy dealers and check ebay sold listings. Thanks.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
He has a weird mistrust of ebay. I told him to talk to toy dealers and check ebay sold listings. Thanks.

Tell him to get over it. It's what he should use as a price point if he's going to be selling it...in reality, that's his competition. KnOw thy enemy!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector TommyJasmin private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
I trust eBay sales over any price guide. The value of something isn't what a guide says it is...but what people are actually paying for it.

@Drogio is right of course - best valuation is what people are/have paid. That said eBay
expires info quick and what you are looking up may not have sold recently.

@Studley_Dudley Best option for you if you really want a comprehensive print guide is Hakes. You can
get copies pretty cheap on Amazon.
Post 7 IP   flag post
600911 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?