Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionPop Culture

Kamala Khan to be in Captain Marvel film.6554

Collector Marximus private msg quote post Address this user
I've liked nearly all the Marvel movies, with the exception of the early Hulk.

The recent stuff has been great.

But then, like most folks, I have no taste.

Curiously, I still like to eat . A lot.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkga
What's with all the "not interested in this at all" comments? It's a Marvel movie so it will most likely at least be watchable. All the recent MCU films have been especially on point.

Inhumans was horrible. Marvel is overdue for a dud. Thor 3 was close. I'm thinking this is going to be a bad one.

Lame gender switched introduction from the original.
Lame race switch along with the gender switch on the supporting cast.
Unattractive lead with outfit making her very dumpy.
Based on more modern writing, not the longstanding tried and true Lee/Ditko material.
Delivering the content completely out of order. Captain Marvel & Warlock should have been introduced before Thanos.

The only thing that might change my mind is if Nitro appears.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Why is her hand big in both pictures above?

Is it something tied to her story-line or is the artist even worse than I had already decided he (or she) was.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Dalkiel private msg quote post Address this user
She's like Plastic Man but stronger.I have not read any comic she has been in, just seen the Avengers cartoons.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Oh, I thought it was because the artist went to the Liefeld school anatomy and perception.
Why does her left hand have Newton Rings?

Post 30 IP   flag post

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalkiel
She's like Plastic Man

How so?
Post 31 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes
@Gabriel85301 is the resident Captain Marvel expert, so correct me if I'm wrong.
In regards to Kamala Khan/Ms Marvel, this is the book that seems to keep climbing in price.

Yet another example, like Amazing Spider-man 569, where the 2nd printing is worth a ridiculous amount compared to the first print.

Wow.
Post 32 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Quote:
She's like Plastic Man

How so?

She has a penis.

FFS
Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Quote:
She's like Plastic Man

How so?

She has a penis.

FFS

Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user

via Imgflip GIF Maker
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
I read the first few issues of Captain Marvel but it didn’t “grab” me, so I dropped it.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector 3JJr private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Quote:
She's like Plastic Man

How so?

She has a penis.

FFS

Post 37 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
I'm going to have to do some research but here goes... I was always under the impression that she (captain marvel) got her powers when the male version died and passed his powers off to her.. She then ran around the universe kicking butt until Rouge kicked her ass.. She then went into hiding to recuperate when one night Sentry came over for dinner and she was all a flutter and forgot to take her pill and nine months later "wala" little MS MARVEL showed up... She then taught her all, and because of the mix she became more powerful (Thanos But Kicking Powerful) yeah that sounds right. I think it was Nick Fury that told me this story.. Well he's dust now so off to Marvel I go (on the way I'll pick up Stan) to sell this amazing Story... Kick back boy's and have a cigar there's going to be two chickens in every pot.... "LOL"

Are ya'all still confused... I'm a little light headed.. must be those dang funny cookies the neighbor kid gave me...
Post 38 IP   flag post
so carol danvers is ms marvel's mom?!
Post 39 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke not at all. I suspect @Gotlift is just pulling your tail

It's pretty simple, really.

Carol Danvers began as a close ally of Mar-Vell. She would eventually get her own super-powers when an accident basically turned her into into a Human/Kree hyrid. She would go by the name Ms. Marvel for a while. There were ups and downs, she lost her powers, got new ones, got her old powers back, went by several other superhero names but would go back to Ms. Marvel. Carol Danvers eventually takes on the mantle of Captain Marvel.

The current Ms. Marvel is an unrelated young girl named Kamala Khan. She's a fan of superheroes and of Carol Danvers especially. When the terrigen mists spread across the world, Kamala goes through terrigenesis, discovering that she is an Inhuman with powers to stretch. She would begin fighting crime in her hometown, taking on the (previous) mantle of her hero, Ms. Marvel
Post 40 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
She's Pakistani-American. It's Mehndi body art
Post 41 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite

Carol Danvers began as a close ally of Mar-Vell. She would eventually get her own super-powers when an accident basically turned her into into a Human/Kree hyrid. She would go by the name Ms. Marvel for a while. There were ups and downs, she lost her powers, got new ones, got her old powers back, went by several other superhero names but would go back to Ms. Marvel. Carol Danvers eventually takes on the mantle of Captain Marvel.

The current Ms. Marvel is an unrelated young girl named Kamala Khan. She's a fan of superheroes and of Carol Danvers especially. When the terrigen mists spread across the world, Kamala goes through terrigenesis, discovering that she is an Inhuman with powers to stretch. She would begin fighting crime in her hometown, taking on the (previous) mantle of her hero, Ms. Marvel

Yep. Simple.
Post 42 IP   flag post

Post 43 IP   flag post
Bad writing compounded by bad writing.

Post 44 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
Dang nabbit. No sex,lies and video tales. I rang the bell and no Stan. You ratted me out. It was fun though
Confusion solved. Dam I love you people
Good night Mr kalabash. Wow I’m showing my age.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlift
Dang nabbit. No sex,lies and video tales. I rang the bell and no Stan. You ratted me out. It was fun though
Confusion solved. Dam I love you people
Good night Mr kalabash. Wow I’m showing my age.

That was "Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash wherever you are." Now who's showing his age!
Post 46 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Ok, so Kamala khan isn't captain marvel, she is ms. Marvel, but she is going to make an appearance in the captain marvel film. And she's going to get her own film, or something is in the works to that effect. Correct? I got totally comfused by the OP. And by other reports. But I think I get it now.
Post 47 IP   flag post
@Drogio That is the gist of it, yes. We don't know how the character will be worked in to the Captain Marvel film yet but yes, she is going to make an appearance and will be starring in her own movie which is starting production next year (so releasing maybe 2020/21). Similar to how Spider-Man and Black Panther both appeared in Civil War before getting their own movies later on.
Post 48 IP   flag post
It just needs Hoppy to sound even more floppy.

Post 49 IP   flag post
So... the movie will also have Monica Rambeau, the 80's Captain Marvel. This movie sounds like a mess.
Post 50 IP   flag post
Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
I understand being skeptical to a degree but considering how powerful Cap. Marvel is and how successful the vast majority of the MCU is, I'm a little surprised by how many people are automatically turning their noses up at something they haven't even seen yet.

Can anyone explain why the disinterest is so strong?
Post 51 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
I'm sure that Kamala will be in the present day when Carol returns to deus ex machina the hell out of everything.

Related but on another note, for anyone curious about the history of the Captain Marvel and SHAZAM names, here you go:

Post 52 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odins_Raven
I understand being skeptical to a degree but considering how powerful Cap. Marvel is and how successful the vast majority of the MCU is, I'm a little surprised by how many people are automatically turning their noses up at something they haven't even seen yet.

Can anyone explain why the disinterest is so strong?

I'll wait for some trailers for it. I remember seeing the Dr. Strange trailer and feeling underwhelmed, so when I saw it, I was surprised that I enjoyed it as much as I did. A trailer can make or break a film, but I'm not sure what the deal is with this one. Maybe because Disney is throwing a few Captain Marvels in the same film and the new Ms Marvel.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
For you guys that dont like the movie (even you guys have not seen the movie yet)even so i bet they make just as much money as the next.Marvel and DC are raking in the doe(money).
Post 54 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
She's Pakistani-American. It's Mehndi body art

Looks to be a rip-off of the original Captain Marvel’s forearm rings.

P.S. Even included a lighting bolt on the costume.

Post 55 IP   flag post
600857 57 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?