Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionPop Culture

Kamala Khan to be in Captain Marvel film.6554

Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
https://comicsheatingup.net/2018/06/09/kamala-khan-to-be-in-captain-marvel-film/

My latest .. but I question something..

If Captain Marvel is going to be set in the 90s. I wonder how it's going to fit in the skeematics.. lol of her being an American Muslim Teen in the 90s as opposed to 2000s..
I wonder how it will fit in to the Stand alone film.
Post 1 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Not interested in this film. Sorry.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I suspect this will be one of the worst Marvel films once it's released. I'm not interested in this either.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
I wonder if the casting for Kamala is more for a set up. Meaning she would be cast and introduced in a post credits scene that would be in present time instead of the 90s.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Not interested in this at all.
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Gabriel85301 I don’t believe they’ll transplant Kamala into the 90s since any present-day appearance would have to age her up significantly to the point that it’ll significantly change her character.

As with @Hcanes, I think she’d appear in a post-credits scene or maybe a framing story. I’d definitely like to see it ending with her taking a fish oil pill at the end as a nod to Marvel’s TV Universe (especially seeing how Clark Gregg has been cast in the movie, though he could just be playing Coulson in the 90s and not present day Coulson)
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
They really dropped the ball on the Captain Marvel actress. Any ideas who is playing Ms Marvel?

I see they are doing casting calls but who would be in the running?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
What's with all the "not interested in this at all" comments? It's a Marvel movie so it will most likely at least be watchable. All the recent MCU films have been especially on point.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
I bet its all about her t-shirt and not the movie?
Post 9 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
We all said the same thing about Heath Ledger’s Joker. Give it a chance.
Post 10 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Infinity war ending in a call to Captain Marvel, there’s a lot riding on this movie doing well.

I know very little about the subject though, thought Captain Marvel played by Larson and Ms Marvel were the same thing 🤔
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkga I don't believe that.

Marvel movies I believe are total garbage and unwatchable: Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, Thor, Thor 2, Avengers 2, Captain America 3, Ant Man, Doctor Strange, and Black Panther.

I have yet to see Spider-Man, Thor 3, and Avengers 3.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJC_II

Marvel movies I believe are total garbage and unwatchable: Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, Thor, Thor 2, Avengers 2, Captain America 3, Ant Man, Doctor Strange, and Black Panther.

Ok I'll give you Thor 2, but unless you are just not a fan of the comic book movie genre, I can't see how you can think of many on that list as being "total garbage and unwatchable." Did you literally get up and leave the theater on every one of those movies in that list?
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkga
Quote:

Ok I'll give you Thor 2, but unless you are just not a fan of the comic book movie genre, I can't see how you can think of many on that list as being "total garbage and unwatchable." Did you literally get up and leave the theater on every one of those movies in that list?

I stopped going to many Marvel movies after watching Avengers 2 in theatres. The only exception is GOTG2.

Marvel movies are entertaining, sure, but they have brain dead plots.
If their plots are fine, then they fall into the same dull, predictable movie tropes that have been done over and over and over and over again.

I stopped watching movies based on volume and started watching media based on quality. Based on that I should stop watching Marvel movies lol.

That being said, I genuinely hate DC films.
I collect DC books however...
Post 14 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
thought Captain Marvel played by Larson and Ms Marvel were the same thing

A blonde, brown eyed, bombshell playing Captain Marvel now is a soon to be announced actress character named Kamala Khan?

I am confused as well. Who the h3ll is Kamala Khan?!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Infinity war ending in a call to Captain Marvel, there’s a lot riding on this movie doing well.

I know very little about the subject though, thought Captain Marvel played by Larson and Ms Marvel were the same thing 🤔

Ms Marvel:

Brie Larson is still Carol Danvers, Captain Marvel
Post 16 IP   flag post
@Gabriel85301 is the resident Captain Marvel expert, so correct me if I'm wrong.
In regards to Kamala Khan/Ms Marvel, this is the book that seems to keep climbing in price.

Post 17 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
The Marvel movies use a pretty standard cookie cutter formula. Some are executed a bit differently and for that, I applaud the Mouse.
Post 18 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
So Ms Marvel and Captain Marvel are 2 different characters? Weird. Never heard of her or read either one....
Post 19 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
There have been a few Captain Marvel characters. Mar-vell was the main one I remembered for years. Then a couple others, then Carol Danvers. I don't remember when she became the new C.M. but she was Ms Marvel at one point until Rogue f***ed her up years ago.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Maybe that’s why I am confused about Ms Marvel
Post 21 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I stopped going to many Marvel movies after watching Avengers 2 in theatres. The only exception is GOTG2.

Marvel movies are entertaining, sure, but they have brain dead plots.
If their plots are fine, then they fall into the same dull, predictable movie tropes that have been done over and over and over and over again.

I stopped watching movies based on volume and started watching media based on quality. Based on that I should stop watching Marvel movies lol.

That being said, I genuinely hate DC films.
I collect DC books however...

you're definitely in the minority....box office shows otherwise.
Post 22 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
There is only one Marvel Captain Marvel. And he died from cancer.

Anyone else is a wannabe.

Shazam y'all.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes
@Gabriel85301 is the resident Captain Marvel expert, so correct me if I'm wrong.
In regards to Kamala Khan/Ms Marvel, this is the book that seems to keep climbing in price.

I hope so..because it's the only one I purchased
Post 24 IP   flag post
@GAC which emphasizes my point exactly.

Most people have no taste.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector Marximus private msg quote post Address this user
I've liked nearly all the Marvel movies, with the exception of the early Hulk.

The recent stuff has been great.

But then, like most folks, I have no taste.

Curiously, I still like to eat . A lot.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
What's with all the "not interested in this at all" comments? It's a Marvel movie so it will most likely at least be watchable. All the recent MCU films have been especially on point.

Inhumans was horrible. Marvel is overdue for a dud. Thor 3 was close. I'm thinking this is going to be a bad one.

Lame gender switched introduction from the original.
Lame race switch along with the gender switch on the supporting cast.
Unattractive lead with outfit making her very dumpy.
Based on more modern writing, not the longstanding tried and true Lee/Ditko material.
Delivering the content completely out of order. Captain Marvel & Warlock should have been introduced before Thanos.

The only thing that might change my mind is if Nitro appears.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Why is her hand big in both pictures above?

Is it something tied to her story-line or is the artist even worse than I had already decided he (or she) was.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Dalkiel private msg quote post Address this user
She's like Plastic Man but stronger.I have not read any comic she has been in, just seen the Avengers cartoons.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Oh, I thought it was because the artist went to the Liefeld school anatomy and perception.
Why does her left hand have Newton Rings?

Post 30 IP   flag post
600891 57 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?