Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
Hello all!

Does anyone know if ComicXposure is having issues? I placed an order for the Venomized Crain, Bagley, and standard sets, all of which have been released, but so far I haven't gotten word or a tracking number. I've reached out via the website, but so far, nothing.

If there is information to be had, I'd appreciate it.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
From what some of my friends told me, that's pretty standard of their service.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
I've only ordered from them once, never again. It took almost two months past the release of the book before I got my copy. I texted the daily and never received a reply. Really really bad customer service. Worst I've ever dealt with.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I tried calling, but the number goes straight to voicemail. I sent an e-mail and a tweet; let's see what happens. I put the order on plastic, so if I don't hear anything from them promptly, I'll ask the card company to kill the charge for non-shipment & reorder through a reputable/reliable vendor.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Tdog13 private msg quote post Address this user
For months, everything I ordered from them seemed to go ok. Then one shipment came in without bags and boards. Then instead of a premium exclusive I ordered, they sent the regular "A" cover. I requested they fix that, they waffled. I went to my credit card company, disputed the charge, got my money back and asked Comicxposure to refund all my unfulfilled orders, which they did. I no longer do business with them. They lived up to their less than stellar reputation.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdog13
For months, everything I ordered from them seemed to go ok. Then one shipment came in without bags and boards. Then instead of a premium exclusive I ordered, they sent the regular "A" cover. I requested they fix that, they waffled. I went to my credit card company, disputed the charge, got my money back and asked Comicxposure to refund all my unfulfilled orders, which they did. I no longer do business with them. They lived up to their less than stellar reputation.

Right on. Nothing changes until people stand up and say "no. I will NOT accept your garbage service."
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
This is pretty normal with them...if you are patient, you will likely get your books but it could take months. I personally will not do business with them anymore, regardless of their offerings. I had to file multiple PayPal complaints with them in the past and after filing 2 or 3 of them, i was done!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaLament
Hello all!

Does anyone know if ComicXposure is having issues? I placed an order for the Venomized Crain, Bagley, and standard sets, all of which have been released, but so far I haven't gotten word or a tracking number. I've reached out via the website, but so far, nothing.

Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
I tried calling, but the number goes straight to voicemail. I sent an e-mail and a tweet; let's see what happens. I put the order on plastic, so if I don't hear anything from them promptly, I'll ask the card company to kill the charge for non-shipment & reorder through a reputable/reliable vendor.

They will not answer emails, or the phone, or return voicemails or messages left throug Facebook. If you post on their page (what I did as a 2nd to last resort) they will remove it.

I ordered from them once. After a month of seeing everyone else get their comic and watching the price on eBay double, and seeing that they got more in and were offering the same comic for double what I paid, (as my last resort) I reached out to NYCollectorcave (also based in Brooklyn, and an actual brick and mortar unlike CX) for help as they were selling the Same comic exposure exclusive. The owner (I presume) got right back to me and said to give him my order number and he'd talk to the CX guy. Next day I get a notice it shipped and a few days later I had it.

What an ordeal...never again.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
From what some of my friends told me, that's pretty standard of their service.

Service?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user
Avoid that company!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniofett
Avoid that company!

It's shocking so with all their bad press they stay in business. Unfortunately, I think most need to learn how bad CX is on their own. I have to think the vast majority of customers are first time customers with CX....and likely last time customers.

I had to experience how bad they were myself to be convinced they shall be avoided no matter what they're offering.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@Drogio I followed your example. Thank you so much for the heads up! The owner of the cave is a super nice guy; after talking with him, he offered to help me out w/ my issue. Hopefully I get similar results to yours within the next couple of days.

Assuming things shake out, and I get a shipping notice, I’m going to put an order into his shop for a hundred bucks or so. Least I can do to properly thank him.

Speaking of which, @Drogio , shoot me a link to your shop; your help shall also be duly appreciated.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdog13

If the books weren't placed in bags/boards, how we're they packaged?

Just completely raw between sheets of cardboard or bundled in bubblewrap?

I would expect books to not be sent in bags & boards if I bought a lot of 50 books in bulk for ten bucks, from a non comic eBay seller.

But for a comic dealer, shipping nooks raw....There is no reason for that.

Any book that I sell, above $5, I put in a Mylite2 & Full Back.

$5 and under, I put in a poly bag with 2-3 regular boards.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Tdog13 private msg quote post Address this user
They came 4 comics in a paper bag, no individual bags or boards. I've never had an online retailer do that. Hell, even the earlier orders I ordered from them came in bags/boards. Why that particular order came like that I have no idea. They hire their 3rd maternal cousin to help out? They cutting corners to save money?
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Hello all!

I hounded them via DM on instagram for my Xmen Red 1. That seemed to be the only way to get their attention. I personally will never use them again
Post 16 IP   flag post
I called the owner of NYCollector Cave to confirm he had spoken w/ the owner of ComicXposure; that happened yesterday. So far, no response. After a week of being patient, I figured a final contact e-mail would be acceptable:

"Good afternoon. I have tried reaching the ComicXposure customer support staff via e-mail, telephone (w/ voicemail), and the website contact form, with regard to Order # "X" since Monday. The owner of NYCollector Cave has also reached out to you personally regarding this order. As of this e-mail, I have yet to receive a response regarding the order status. Please contact me with an update and/or shipping information.

If I do not receive a shipping notification w/ tracking number on Friday (6/8/2018), or a response from ComicXposure customer support explaining the delay in the order, I will contact (the credit card company) & report this as a fraudulent charge.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. I look forward to your response.

V/R
(Me)"

I thought that was polite/professional enough to pass muster w/ the credit card company when requesting stop-payment and/or refund; in addition to my call log, copies of previous e-mail, and the receipt which has a time/date stamp. I'm hoping they live up to their end, as I would like the books I ordered; but its not like I can't buy them somewhere else either.
Post 17 IP   flag post

What does it take to get a little customer support?
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user
It seems like every week there’s a new thread about comic xposure and their nonexistent customer service!
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector kevinlmillard private msg quote post Address this user
I had the same issue with them. I have placed 2 orders. My first was fine the second one was a pre order for ASM and I ordered it in February book came out in March I received it in June. Would not respond to any of my messages or emails. Sent them one last not so nice one and received the shipping email the next day. I will never order from them again.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Has your comment been removed yet? It's funny how fast they'll react to bad press versus try to provide good customer service.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Books arrived today! Amazing how fast he shipped once the credit card company got on his butt. Don't care, glad the books showed up, and in good shape.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone here ordered the red goblin asm connecting set? My 796 individual shipped about a month or two after release.. Its been a bit over that now since 800 came out so thinking about getting on their back shortly to fulfill the order. ( made way back in February)
Post 23 IP   flag post
600848 23 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?