Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Silver Age

Early Iron Man Issues6516

Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
I realize most of the interest is with early Tales of Suspense books, but is there interest in early issues in the Iron Man series, such as issues 2 through 10?

It looks like those issues can be picked up for a reasonable price even slabbed and in higher grades, so my sense is that there isn't much speculation there and only limited interest.

Thoughts?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Anything not a key is a common to me, unless I personally think the cover is cool (Hulk 105 Captain America 109 as examples. Iron man 2-10 covers don’t grab me. The Tales of Suspense have quite a few keys too.
However very high grade (8.5+) makes any older book desirable, as the grading frenzy continues.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs
I realize most of the interest is with early Tales of Suspense books, but is there interest in early issues in the Iron Man series, such as issues 2 through 10?

It looks like those issues can be picked up for a reasonable price even slabbed and in higher grades, so my sense is that there isn't much speculation there and only limited interest.

Thoughts?

As long as the grade is 9.0 or higher Iron Man 1-30 is worth slabbing.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
I have a few earlier issues in the 8/8.5 range slabbed, which is probably right below the sweet spot.
Post 4 IP   flag post
597867 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?