Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Certified Comics For SaleComics Silver AgeFor Sale

FS: TOS 52 CGC 7.0 OW/W Pages6493

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Ok guys, I’ve received low-ball offers on e-bay & a couple other places (below $800). GoCollect says FMV is $1000.

The last one in this grade sold for $1350 on e-bay two weeks ago.

PM any offers. I’d like $1100 shipped.

I know it’ll sell for that on e-bay given a little time, but wanted to give you guys a crack at it.

And an update for those who inquired about my ASM 194, the original interested party hasn’t yet responded to my PMs. If I don’t get definite confirmation from him by Monday, the next person in line will have a chance at it. I know weekends can be crazy, and I want to be fair.

Here are pics of the TOS 52:

You may see sticker residue on the back of the bag. It is not on the slab.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector 3JJr private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Ok guys, I’ve received low-ball offers on e-bay & a couple other places (below $800). GoCollect says FMV is $1000.

The last one in this grade sold for $1350 on e-bay two weeks ago.

PM any offers. I’d like $1100 shipped.

I know it’ll sell for that on e-bay given a little time, but wanted to give you guys a crack at it.

And an update for those who inquired about my ASM 194, the original interested party hasn’t yet responded to my PMs. If I don’t get definite confirmation from him by Monday, the next person in line will have a chance at it. I know weekends can be crazy, and I want to be fair.

Here are pics of the TOS 52:

You may see sticker residue on the back of the bag. It is not on the slab.

Simple fix.

1) Take the direct approach and get rid of the $1500 BIN, listing it for $1100 BIN instead, free postage, and remove the make offer option.

or:

2) Take it down and relist it on Sunday night as a 7 day auction, with $1100 as the opening bid, no reserve, no BIN, and again, free postage.

You do this and your chances of getting your $1100 will drastically improve.
Post 2 IP   flag post
True. I might adjust it. I’d want $1200 on e-bay due to their 13% (after PayPal) I could offer it for less here. No middle man.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
True. I might adjust it. I’d want $1200 on e-bay due to their 13% (after PayPal) I could offer it for less here. No middle man.

Then you're going to have to list with a $1250 opener, which IMO is slightly beyond this book's potential market outcome for right now.
Post 4 IP   flag post
True. But only slightly, with the last one selling for $1350.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Yes. I saw that, but that's 32% above the moving 90 day average! Could be a very very nice 52 that caused a spike as the grades immediately above your 7.0 don't show near that moving average vs. last sale 30% gap. You could luck out. If you have to get $1250, which you do, I'd chance waiting for one more sale or wait 2 months.

How many inquiries did you get with it listed at $1500?
Post 6 IP   flag post
It is a nice 7.0. That back cover looks much better than 7.0, but the top left front cover area is holding it back. Still, overall, better than the average 7.0, definitely ahead of the curve, which is why I'm curious what type of inquiries you've had, possibly from someone thinking, "Press/resub".
Post 7 IP   flag post
I got one there & one elsewhere in 72 hours.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
I got one there & one elsewhere in 72 hours.

Reasonable offers, or too lowball to even consider?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Bought an 8.0 White Pages & just wanna pay for part of the purchase with this.
Post 10 IP   flag post
$875 cash was my high offer so far.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Bought an 8.0 White Pages & just wanna pay for part of the purchase with this.

Understandable. I'd roll the dice. Ebay buyers prefer auctions. That's the fun of it, it's an auction site, and buyers tend to think of it that way, which is why those on ebay go there instead of a comic sales site. They like to see what others are bidding for a better sense of worth.

I've seen books listed with BINs for months, that once listed as an auction brought 50% more than the seller set the BIN with that sat and sat on ebay as a fixed price listing.

Many don't even set their ebay searches for BIN!! Auction only. I know I do. I'm not interested in surfing through the same tens of thousands of bricks listed with ridiculous BINs that aren't remotely priced according to reality.

My advice is to roll the dice and simply list it as an auction, 7 day auction. $0.01 opener. Get everybody involved. With a $1350 sale sitting as the last number on GPA, your chances of making at least $1250 are at least 50/50 and you're not going to make less than the $1050 moving average with all those green up arrows.

Most ebay buyers like auctions and use GPA for their sales data. You list this as an auction, penny opener, no BIN or make offer and IMO, you'll do fine.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3JJr
Quote:

Then you're going to have to list with a $1250 opener, which IMO is slightly beyond this book's potential market outcome for right now.

I disagree.

$1250 is a $100 below the last 7.0 sale, which occurred about 2 weeks ago.IMHO, this slab is worth more than $1350.

Since that $1350 sale of a 7.0, some BW news has come up.

If it were my book, I'd put it up at $1500 and not take any less. Once some BW movie news is confirmed, I'd say the slab will jump significantly higher than $1500 in 7.0.

5 days ago, this news hit:

https://www.msn.com/en-za/video/viral/captain-america-and-black-widow-have-bigger-role-in-infinity-war-sequel/vp-AAxXCpW

A bigger role pretty much paves the way as a lead in to a Black Widow film, which was talked about by Johansson back in April:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.indiewire.com/2018/04/scarlett-johansson-standalone-black-widow-movie-groundbreaking-1201956590/amp/
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3JJr
Quote:

I disagree.

$1250 is a $100 below the last 7.0 sale, which occurred about 2 weeks ago.IMHO, this slab is worth more than $1350.

Since that $1350 sale of a 7.0, some BW news has come up.

If it were my book, I'd put it up at $1500 and not take any less. Once some BW movie news is confirmed, I'd say the slab will jump significantly higher than $1500 in 7.0.

5 days ago, this news hit:

https://www.msn.com/en-za/video/viral/captain-america-and-black-widow-have-bigger-role-in-infinity-war-sequel/vp-AAxXCpW

A bigger role pretty much paves the way as a lead in to a Black Widow film, which was talked about by Johansson back in April:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.indiewire.com/2018/04/scarlett-johansson-standalone-black-widow-movie-groundbreaking-1201956590/amp/

Which is why I suggested he hold it back for a month or two.
Post 14 IP   flag post
I didn't see that suggestion.

I'd just lost it now at a $1500 BIN, plus insured shipping.

If it doesnt sell, just wait.

And when the movie news hits, just increase the price.
Post 15 IP   flag post
I’ve never done an auction starting that low. I completely understand the logic behind it though.

I don’t desperately need to sell. I’ll let it sit for a couple weeks. If it’s completely stagnant, I’ll switch it up.
Post 16 IP   flag post
I thought since there are no others in this grade or higher on MyComicShop, Comic Connect, e-bay, or even Heritage at the moment, I’d get offers quick.
Post 17 IP   flag post
I do appreciate all the input. Different schools of thought with their own solid merits.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
You could always try do the 7 day auction with a reserve price, believe only cost $5 to test
Post 19 IP   flag post
That’s one option I hadn’t considered @poka. Though, as a buyer, I hate reserve auctions. But it does take the risk away.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
That’s one option I hadn’t considered @poka. Though, as a buyer, I hate reserve auctions. But it does take the risk away.

Reserve auctions suck IMO.

Best way to run an auction IMO is to run it for 10 days, start at $1.

Time it so it ends on a Sunday evening and have it start on a Thursday.

That way, you get 2 full weekends of visibility.

But I'd only run an auction on a book that is really hot.

This book, in til it gets a movie confirmed, is not in that category.

So, just set it at $1500, firm with no best offer available.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

I see a reserve and to me it's like a "no trespassing" sign. I just move on. I don't collect Gerber 8 to 10s so if it's not one seller or site, it's another with a readily available Silver or Bronze age Marvel or DC I want. With usually plenty to choose from, the major factor is the price for the book that's under the label, and not availability. Is it worth it, IMO.
Post 22 IP   flag post
I have only used the reserve auction once. It ended up twice the reserve price
Post 23 IP   flag post
I got a response last night from one of the online classifieds I listed the book on for $1200 cash. The entirety of the text was:

😂😂” with a link to the ad.

I responded “yes?” and got no reply.

People are weird.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
I got a response last night from one of the online classifieds I listed the book on for $1200 cash. The entirety of the text was:

😂😂” with a link to the ad.

I responded “yes?” and got no reply.

People are weird.

He was trolling you.

My guess is that he wants the book but doesn't want to pay real money for it.

Just keep it at $1500, pull your best offer option and wait.

If it sells at that price soon, you make a decent enough profit.

If it doesn't sell, I suggest raising the price by 10% , at every 30 day cycle that it does not sell.

I am pretty sure Black Widow will get her own movie, in that event, this 7.0 will be worth about 3 grand.

If I am wrong, her larger role in the next Avengers movie will make the 10% bump (s) a non-issue, soon enough.

Btw, I like this seller's approach to listing books, I know this guy from the north eastern show circuit. He knows what he's doing.👍👌

Note the "All prices are firm.I will not respond to lower offers" etc etc...

All in red typeset, gets the point across well.

Personally, I think having a best offer option has a psychological effect of lowering a book's perceived value.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Superman-76-CGC-3-0/391972777489?hash=item5b4365ee11:g:vxkAAOSw~T9acfOA

Superman 76 CGC 3.0 with Cream to Off-White Pages

$10 shipping for 1st book; $3 each additional item. Check out my other items for more graded CBCS & CGC comic books and comic art. NYS residents must add 7.38% sales tax.

Shipping out of the USA only by ebay's Global Shipping Program

All Prices Are Firm,
I Will Not Respond To Lower Offers

Please Message Me Any Other Questions And I Will Be Happy To Respond
Post 25 IP   flag post
I figured it was a troll, I’ve just never understood the mentality. If I see a price I think is absurd, or an ad that’s just bonkers for some reason, I just keep scrolling.

If I want it despite the price, I make an offer, and include any reason I might have for my suggested price.

It’s the mindset I find bizarre.
Post 26 IP   flag post
People are weird. Over the weekend I got an offer for a book. $7 incl shipment. I accepted the offer and immediately got a reply (this was 3am buyers time). Sorry I am broke and can not afford the book. He then made another offer of $3.

It was a zero feedback buyer. I kind of feel pity for the guy so just cancelled and left it as is
Post 27 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

I'd see things very much the way CAK does, with just a few exceptions.

It never hurts to have a best offer. Just tweak it so that bids you consider "low ball" are automatically rejected. You can also set up an amount you automatically accept. While there a lots of people looking for a steal, there are a few that just want to get 5-7% off and feel good.

The Black Widow has already received lots of exposure in the movies via Iron Man and the Avengers. Marvel's biggest movies. Even if the Widow gets her own movie, I don't think it's going to make her first appearance in comics more expensive. I'm also not convinced a solo Black Widow film would be a big hit. She's the sort of character that always seems "right" as part of a team.

What I would do with this book is send it to ComicLink. Their last auction had really strong results. Their fees are a straight 10%. And you say it's not necessary that you have a quick sale, which IMHO is the ONLY reason to ever sell comic books on eBay.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:

I am pretty sure Black Widow will get her own movie, in that event, this 7.0 will be worth about 3 grand.

$3,000? For a 7.0? A 9.0 sold last month for $3000, which was an $1150 drop from both the 90 day and the 12 month average! The May $1800 sale of an 8.0 also represented a dip in price from the 12 month average.

Whether or not BW gets her own movie, prices have already spiked based on that happening. The hype fueled speculators have already driven this up about as far as it will go, based on the GP data, IMO.
Post 29 IP   flag post
What @CopperAgeKids is referring to (I think) is the temporary spike in value a book has when a character is officially announced to be getting a starring role in a movie.

The strong rumor that Mysterio is the villain in the next Spidey movie shot the value of Spidey 13 up 3x for about 72 hours.

It’s a temporary frenzy that happens pretty consistently.
Post 30 IP   flag post
598061 47 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?