Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics MagazinesMemorabiliaPop Culture

Geppi Museum Closing6464

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I had hoped to make it there one day. But after this Sunday, the museum will be closed and the exhibit will be donated to the Library of Congress.

Baltimore Sun article
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Damn. I so wanted to check that place out. I guess the glimpse we got on that episode of “Comic Book Men” will have to do.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
A few years ago on my first trip to Baltimore Comic Con I continued my stay at my hotel through Sunday night so I could check out the museum the day after the show only to learn that they are closed on Mondays. Never did get to see it.
Post 3 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
The writing has been on the wall for years. Surprised it took this long.
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
It's a shame, but thankfully the LOC will be housing it
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Man, he owns Diamond, another (in essence) American monopoly. Place is lousy with them.
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
“Steve’s generosity will allow for these priceless memorabilia to be shared with all Americans at the Library of Congress.“

This is a good thing. Amazing books like this housed and preserved along with the most valuable of books in our history (as long as some congressman doesnt put his greasy old paws on any of these books 😁)

Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
“I’m kind of excited and proud of the fact that there will be a Geppi Room and a Jefferson Room” — Steve Geppi
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector rickdod3 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Damn. I so wanted to check that place out. I guess the glimpse we got on that episode of “Comic Book Men” will have to do.

Comic book men didn't even scratch the surface. An amazing channel I'm subbed to called "Comic Trips" did an in-depth tour of Geppi Museum. It is fantastic!

It's an all-around awesome channel! You should check it out...also, here is the video I mentioned!

Post 9 IP   flag post
601341 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?