Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionPop Culture

SOLO: A Spoiler Story6413

Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
I find it very interesting that the those who did not like Han Solo did like Rogue One.

I liked Solo

I disliked Rouge One (Rather I was bored as f)
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkga
Quote:
Those who did not like Han Solo: What did you think about Rogue One?

In my opinion Rogue One was better than The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi.
rogue one is the best star wars movie released since empire.. By a long long way
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Homer private msg quote post Address this user
I saw it Saturday night only 30 people in the theatre. I thought it was overall slow, I was checking my watch a half dozen times. On the bottom 25% of Star Wars films, will not be seeing it again. A total ho hummer.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector vacaboca private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I find it very interesting that the those who did not like Han Solo did like Rogue One.

I liked them both. With all the talk of it not doing well, I expected to have a sparsely attended show... but we like to go to a theater that has reserved seating and recliners, and I actually had trouble finding three decent seats together for any showing over the long weekend, 2D, 3D, whatever.

My guess is that this particular theater is just one of the better places to watch movies in general, though, and so it's not necessarily indicative of broad demand. I'll be interested in the longer-term performance, I hope it manages to break even for a variety of reasons.
Post 29 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I like Rogue One.

BUT

mainly for the 3rd act. It dragged at times and the pacing was off and if not for the amazing ending on Scarif I probably would have said the same about that movie that I am saying about this one
Post 30 IP   flag post

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I found Rogue One to be boring and slow. I enjoyed Han Solo from start to finish. Never checked my watch.

Amazing that we have such different views on the movie. I think it depends on what you like/dislike about the films in general overall.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
(snip)

People are tired of Star Wars, huh...?

Yes. Very much so.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
I probably have a low level of expectations - but it is SW - what’s not to like?
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
I probably have a low level of expectations - but it is SW - what’s not to like?

For me...new characters that I don't want to look at for 2 hours. I only liked 2 characters in Rogue One and one was the robot.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector HammitChris private msg quote post Address this user
I think the overall plot for Rogue One was better than Solo, but I liked the characters more in Solo (probably because of Han and Chewie, but I also like Qi'Ra, Beckett, and Val). I thought Solo was decent and even a good movie. I was not a fan of L3-37 and the over the top "social justice for droids" crap. That scene and character felt forced and wasted time, like the Canto Bight scene in The Last Jedi. I did like the movie better than The Last Jedi though. I'd give it a 6/10. Just my opinion though.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
I saw Solo on Sunday with my wife and two adult sons. We all liked and enjoyed it. My wife is a big Star Wars fan, ever since she saw the original in the theater when it was originally released.

I am a bit confused by this either/or discussion/argument about Rogue One vs. Solo. I liked and enjoyed both. Probably think Rogue One is slightly better, but not by much. But they are both WAY better than either Force Awakens or Last Jedi.

As stated above, I liked Solo. But as I seem to often say about new movies I see, "It was good, but not great". I think this is because I've seen so many movies over my lifetime, that its hard for anything to be "great". I'm always comparing it to other movies. And nit-picking the plot, or a character, or a scene, or whatever. Maybe it partly because movies now are over-hyped before hand. We get trailers, and teasers, and plot leaks, and spoilers. By the time we see the movie, it's hard to live up to our expectations.

Ask yourself, if you saw this movie as a 12 year old kid, without knowing any of the Star Wars story or lore, would you have enjoyed it?

Overall, good enjoyable movie. Don't over think it. Just sit back and enjoy.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HammitChris
I was not a fan of L3-37 and the over the top "social justice for droids" crap.

I felt SJW for droids made for great comic relief BECAUSE it was so absurd.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
One thing I forgot to put in my post is what will be my favorite memory of this movie. During a scene where Qi'ra is kicking butt using some sort of martial arts, someone asks here where she learned to fight like that. Qi'ra replies that Dryden taught her. My wife sitting next to me audibly laughs, then when she realized that no else did, she leans over and tells me that she thought Qi'ra said "A dragon taught me".
With Emilia Clarke's role on GOT, that would have been very funny, if she had said it.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
The nod to Billy Dee's inability to say "Han" correctly was fun.

If you never noticed it before, Billy Dee pronounced it with a short a, as in "tan", rather than as it's supposed to be pronounced, as in "dawn."

They addressed that in this film, which I thought was clever.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Collector HammitChris private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkga
Quote:
Originally Posted by HammitChris
I was not a fan of L3-37 and the over the top "social justice for droids" crap.

I felt SJW for droids made for great comic relief BECAUSE it was so absurd.

What happened to L3 was funny!!
Post 40 IP   flag post
600876 40 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?