Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector SdotMdot private msg quote post Address this user
Hello everyone! Not only do I have a question about the first book I've ever submitted but I think this is actually the first time I've ever posted in a forum. Let's see how it goes!

Ok so I submitted a book for the VSP and was wondering about the timeline. I did the fast pass. On the dashboard it says 'processed within 15 business days after receipt'. The status of my book has been processing for the past week or so.

Now my question, being new to all this, would be, when it says processing is that just the book being held awaiting signature verification and/or grading or has the verification process already began? I'm sure this question has been asked and answered tons of times on here but was just curious.

Also it's safe to assume when doing the VSP that even with the fast pass you're still going to have to wait additional time to get the verification correct?

Rock on guys thanks in advance!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector roarzola private msg quote post Address this user
Nice to have you here.

You can add about an extra week for the verification process.

If I remember correctly, "processing" doesn't change but if you look where it says "received", that will change to grading, QA and such. When getting verified, it doesn't say anything different.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks a bunch! I think with it being my first submission I'm anxious to see what grade it will get and how it will look all slabbed up. It's for my personal collection so I'm not really in any rush.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector samediarchon private msg quote post Address this user
I'm new, too, so I'm glad you asked these questions. Helped a bunch! I have a couple of orders in now, and I'm excited to get them back (but patient, too). Hope you share what you submitted!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Well it's the Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Neal Adams variant signed by Neal. Being new to this whole grading thing I was unaware of signatures being witnessed. Oh well ya live and learn.

When I first looked into getting it graded I looked at CGC but find out about the qualified label so I framed it up. Then someone told me about the signature verification program so I treated myself.

Naturally I want the highest grade possible but I'm more concerned with the verification.
Post 5 IP   flag post
598006 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?