Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Foreign

Official Foreign Comics thread64

Collector Davidone private msg quote post Address this user
That Showcase 30 is awesome! It's great seeing so many foreign collectors we have not met yet. I want to take a second and introduce you guys to the official Foreign Comic Collectors instagram account, in case you didn't know about it. Please feel free to submit any photos to us to share. Thanks'
Post 101 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBorock
I am sooooo loving seeing all these cool books, many of which I have never seen before.

We're just getting warmed up! I would like to thank you for taking our small niche' seriously and hiring an actual foreign expert to note our books. It really means a lot to us.
Post 102 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, just seeing some amazing stuff that most of us never even knew existed. Thanks to everyone for the postings.
Here are some more scans of my Arabic comics. This one's cover is from Adventure #355 (1967) and says 197? inside (looks like 197V - 1975?). In addition to the cover story, it also includes a Supergirl story, a few pages of articles, a puzzle, and what looks like a letters section. I have included a scan of the back cover, which appears to have a taped on price tag (S 50). I will try to post a few more tonight.

Post 103 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Wow, just seeing some amazing stuff that most of us never even knew existed. Thanks to everyone for the postings.
Here are some more scans of my Arabic comics. This one's cover is from Adventure #355 (1967) and says 197? inside (looks like 197V - 1975?). In addition to the cover story, it also includes a Supergirl story, a few pages of articles, a puzzle, and what looks like a letters section. I have included a scan of the back cover, which appears to have a taped on price tag (S 50). I will try to post a few more tonight.

I love the back. It's an ad for the collected volumes. I did not realize they collected them so early.
Post 104 IP   flag post
President SteveBorock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidone
Quote:
I am sooooo loving seeing all these cool books, many of which I have never seen before.

We're just getting warmed up! I would like to thank you for taking our small niche' seriously and hiring an actual foreign expert to note our books. It really means a lot to us.

Glad you are just getting "warmed up", Davidone!

Really, no need to thank me, I love our hobby and every part of it. These books are so great that I want CBCS to treat them, and the people who collect them, with the respect they deserve. COMIC BOOKS ROCK!
Post 105 IP   flag post

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Here's one with the cover from Action Comics #381 (1969), but it's actually a reverse image (not Superman's symbol on the flag is backwards). It looks like the inside date is 1971, but I am not entirely sure on that. Inside there is also an add for a comic with the cover from Batman #214, and an add for Levi's too (stripped ones - very groovy)!

Post 106 IP   flag post
If you turned on your internet today, the first thing you may have noticed was Netflix's announcement of a solo Punisher show. Here is the first Mexican editions of the classic mini series, published in small format by Vid Editorial.

Post 107 IP   flag post
Post 108 IP   flag post
Post 109 IP   flag post
Collector Iago19 private msg quote post Address this user
@Davidone Indeed. Let the games begin.
Post 110 IP   flag post
One more - cover is from Action Comics #423 (1973) and the inside date might be 1975. Includes what looks like the origin story of the human target. Not sure where the back cover is from, Superman looks drawn-in, but Lois looks legit.

Post 111 IP   flag post
Looks to me like an advertisement for the next issue. He's tacking up a flyer for an Arabic Superman 260. The background and the Superman look like an original drawing. The Lois definately looks swiped. Anyone here recognize that Lois drawing?
Post 112 IP   flag post
Collector Define999 private msg quote post Address this user
Man guys.... Kick ass much?
Post 113 IP   flag post
Hey I want in on this Arabic action....

German TOD1

Post 114 IP   flag post
@Davidone I don't....
Post 115 IP   flag post
Collector TheLiamSturgess private msg quote post Address this user
Punisher rules!
Post 116 IP   flag post
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLiamSturgess
Punisher rules!
I have to respectfully disagree with you. I think it's you who rules youngster, along with everyone else on the staff of FCC and everyone in the foreign collecting community.

Except maybe that Define999 guy. He's such a slacker. lol
Post 117 IP   flag post
Collector pouet private msg quote post Address this user
First ever (I think) foreign Amazing Spider-Man #129. Here's l'Etonnant Spider-Man from Les Editions Heritage. On newsstand January 1974. I really like the color change of the background

Post 118 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
This Thread is on FIRE!! Keep em coming! Another Australian Bugs Bunny
Post 119 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user

I'm not in the same league as most of you, but I do have a few foreigns. Here is an Australian copy of Egbert.
Post 120 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidone
Quote:

Glad you are just getting "warmed up", Davidone!

Really, no need to thank me, I love our hobby and every part of it. These books are so great that I want CBCS to treat them, and the people who collect them, with the respect they deserve. COMIC BOOKS ROCK!

Awesome! Thank you Steve....
Post 121 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBildhauser
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLiamSturgess
Punisher rules!
I have to respectfully disagree with you. I think it's you who rules youngster, along with everyone else on the staff of FCC and everyone in the foreign collecting community.

Except maybe that Define999 guy. He's such a slacker. lol

I cant even argue with that....
Post 122 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pouet
First ever (I think) foreign Amazing Spider-Man #129. Here's l'Etonnant Spider-Man from Les Editions Heritage. On newsstand January 1974. I really like the color change of the background

Probably one of the coolest foreigns of this book! This copy is fantastic...
Post 123 IP   flag post
Mexican MACCS can be tough to find in decent condition. The paper is notoriously thin, and the books themselves are in a smaller format as well. This Mexican Ghostrider 1 is rough.... but in all honesty im just happy to own one.

Former Yugoslavia Machine Man 1... oversized goodness

Another oversized beauty... Swedish MAXX magazine. The classic Miller artwork is well served by this edition...

Post 124 IP   flag post
Now Russian stuff is something you don't see everyday. How bout some Russian Hellboy?

Post 125 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagii
This Thread is on FIRE!! Keep em coming! Another Australian Bugs Bunny

Damn newsprint covers... practically begging to pop a staple... Cool book!
Post 126 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O

I'm not in the same league as most of you, but I do have a few foreigns. Here is an Australian copy of Egbert.

Glad to have you here in our madness Jesse!
Post 127 IP   flag post
This Brazilian EBAL TEC 400 probably had some punk kid scribbling on a paper directly above it. If I could go back in time and travel to Brazil I would give that kid a good spanking. You don't treat classic EBALS like this dammit!!!

Dutch FF52! T'Challa rises....

Tough Greek black battle cover! Greek FF112....

Post 128 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Actually, two of my favorite comics from my collection are foreigns. Here are two Rambo comics that I got from Argentina. The man holding them is David Morrell, the author of Rambo!!! One of my fb friends, and I'm SURE he is here, got them signed by him in Santa Fe, NM., for me. He actually wrote "del padre de Rambo" (the father of Rambo) and signed them!! I included some of the interior art. For me, it is the interior art of these two comics that astound me, especially the coloring!!

Post 129 IP   flag post
Wonderful Indonesia... Indo Wolvie 1

A beautiful non-Canon "Palacio" Mexican Spidey!

Italian TOD1 with rare stickers....

German DC Horror...

Post 130 IP   flag post
597992 462 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?