Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Foreign

Official Foreign Comics thread64

Collector Define999 private msg quote post Address this user
Rarity is a big reason we foreign nuts do what we do. And it doesn't get more rare than South African Spidermans! The SA Supercomix Spiderman 164(SA Spiderman #19) is a neat book. Definitely rough around the edges, and I cant remember if it still has the poster or not? But, this book is probably in the top 10% percent range of rare books in my collection. South African stuff is very tough to come by. As a Spidey fan I am tickled I own this thing….

Do you like Italian beauties? So do I...

Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Define999
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBildhauser
Here's one of the crown jewels from my collection. The Mexican edition of House of Secrets #81, Bronze Age Neal Adams at it's finest!

Oh oh! A Palacio book? Its beautiful....
Of course it's a Palacio, it's got Adams art and I own it. lol
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector GreatComicsByCG private msg quote post Address this user
This is my Canadian "White" Congo #17. This was a 3 issue series of which I have only seen 1 of the other issues. This copy of #17 is the only copy I have ever seen. I fell in love with this "Bakerish" cover and just had to have it. I have been told that this issue may be very rare and there may be very little copies in existance. If any of our Canadian experts know I would love to know. I am guessing this is probably the highest grade copy known?
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector pouet private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatComicsByCG
This is my Canadian "White" Congo #17. This was a 3 issue series of which I have only seen 1 of the other issues. This copy of #17 is the only copy I have ever seen. I fell in love with this "Bakerish" cover and just had to have it. I have been told that this issue may be very rare and there may be very little copies in existance. If any of our Canadian experts know I would love to know. I am guessing this is probably the highest grade copy known?

Just show you copy to a Canadian White collector I know in Montreal. He told me it's not a Canadian White (Canadian white have no color inside). It's a after war Canadian serie (cover) with USA stories inside. The inside varies for the same issue. He have this copy (3.0 condition) with inside story from Zoot. But he told me this comic is very rare
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector GreatComicsByCG private msg quote post Address this user
Ok I thought if the inside covers were white (blank) then it was a "White". Learn something new every day! Thanks!
Post 55 IP   flag post

I'm no expert on Canadian White, but know someone who helped me
Post 56 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Does anybody know anything about foreign comics that are read from back cover to front cover? I bough 20 comics at a convention about 30-35 years ago (yes, I've been around the block a few times) because they were different and I recognized their covers from comic books I already owned. I think they are in Arabic and were printed in the 1970's. I have included a few scans so you can see what I am talking about.

Post 57 IP   flag post
Yup! We know them.... Arabic, printed in lebanon. The isreali Hebrew books also read right to left with spines on the right. Japanese manga is read this way also..

Great beautiful books by the way! Most arabics are usually rough.
Post 58 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the feedback. Would it be worth it to submit any of them for grading? They are all DC covers from World's Finest, Superboy, Adventure, Superman, Jimmy Olsen, and Lois Lane.
Post 59 IP   flag post
@esaravo I'd say so if the question is heavily based on condition rarity. If the issue is market value I'd say that the market for these books is growing but still pretty small. So at this point you might not garner huge premiums because it's slabbed. With that being said.... CBCS is perfect for slabbing foreigns because of their accuracy and respect for foreign editions. Does that help?
Post 60 IP   flag post
A little, thanks. I have hundreds of DCs and Marvels to have slabbed first, so it will probably take me years to get to my foreign books. It is nice to see new markets grow and develop.
Post 61 IP   flag post
A nice Savage She-Hulk #1 from Norway

Post 62 IP   flag post
@pouet Damn that is nice!
Post 63 IP   flag post
Collector RareComics private msg quote post Address this user
Just got a beautiful book from Down Under. It has astonishing cover colors and co-stars one of the Golden Age's unique villains, XOG! Enjoy.
Post 64 IP   flag post
Collector KenWorthing private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak

Beautiful! This is mine ..

Post 65 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Crime does not pay 2. Australian edition
Post 66 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Venus 3
Post 67 IP   flag post

Headline comics 3. this issue is a calender book
Post 68 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

Venus 3

Incredible book
Post 69 IP   flag post
CBCS Daniel_E private msg quote post Address this user
Sitting across from @TimBildhauser all day has kind of gotten me interested in foreign editions of my favorite characters. He has helped me get almost all of them (them being the 3 that I own). So I guess I will just share them with you all. I should say Nova is my favorite hero and ROM is pretty close.

Post 70 IP   flag post
Moderator The_Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Those are so cool. Congrats!
Post 71 IP   flag post
Nice Thai comic magazine with some Vampirella stories inside.

Post 72 IP   flag post
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_E
Sitting across from @TimBildhauser all day has kind of gotten me interested in foreign editions of my favorite characters. He has helped me get almost all of them (them being the 3 that I own). So I guess I will just share them with you all. I should say Nova is my favorite hero and ROM is pretty close.

You're forgetting the Comic Forum New Warriors from Spain that you picked up!
Post 73 IP   flag post
CBCS Daniel_E private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBildhauser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_E

You're forgetting the Comic Forum New Warriors from Spain that you picked up!
Oh man, your right! How did I forget those?
Post 74 IP   flag post

Between 1990 to 1993 Marvel comics that appeared in the newsstands in Australia had Aus price printed on the covers
Post 75 IP   flag post
@southerncross Yup, and probably the biggest edition of those would be the New Mutants 98! Do you own one Southerncross?
Post 76 IP   flag post
Speaking of Aussie land.... I just received this yesterday!

Post 77 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RareComics
Just got a beautiful book from Down Under. It has astonishing cover colors and co-stars one of the Golden Age's unique villains, XOG! Enjoy.

I cant believe the condition of this one!
Post 78 IP   flag post
@Define999 Quote:
Speaking of Aussie land.... I just received this yesterday!

6 penny Late 40s Australian book in colour. very rare
most Australian editions of American books and original Australian comics were printed in black and white to save costs
Post 79 IP   flag post
Quote:
@southerncross Yup, and probably the biggest edition of those would be the New Mutants 98! Do you own one Southerncross?

I did own one. But had to sell it with the other 3.5k books I had. A major cull to fit 300 books into 3 suitcases to move with my wife here to the states.
A lot of books that will not be replaced.I was surprised to find I still had these. Doh
Should have kept the new mutants 98
Post 80 IP   flag post
600893 462 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?