Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

For Anyone Doing Business With Brain Trust6379

Collector MarcJ private msg quote post Address this user
I wanted to make everyone here aware of some shady and morally deficient antics being perpetrated by Craig Oscarson from Brain Trust Comics. All that I can ask is that you follow your own morals and heart and no longer do business with this guy no matter how much you want a certain cover of a comic book. For myself, there is no comic worth me giving this guy a single penny. Being a veteran myself, what this guy is doing is just pure disgraceful.

Of course these posts have now been deleted and he claims they never happened. Judge for yourselves.

Post 1 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
It's amazing how fast this stuff spreads on the Internet. I've seen these photos 5 times in 24 hours!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, this dude is garbage.
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Gotta admit the “Jack kirby Excelsior award” made me laugh.

But yeah, garbage.
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Well, I can see how an unfamiliar with military stuff person could fall for the letter. And the Jack Kirby and Klinger stuff is slightly funny.

But I find this all hard to believe and to swallow. I think it is all a made up joke.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Well, I can see how an unfamiliar with military stuff person could fall for the letter. And the Jack Kirby and Klinger stuff is slightly funny.

But I find this all hard to believe and to swallow. I think it is all a made up joke.

If it was a made up joke, it wasn't funny. Too much other nonsense happening with this guy for me to even take a second look.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector tonnage71 private msg quote post Address this user
Horrible... #stolenvalor
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Commanding Officer, Maxwell Q. Klinger...?

That's this guy:

Post 8 IP   flag post
It wouldn't be difficult to find out which airline he flew. This guy should be prosecuted, and, at a minimum, pay back the stolen fees.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector felixrunners private msg quote post Address this user
Wow...that's bad. If this really happened...I can't believe they would brag about it later. Great way to hurt a business.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Cowabunga_Kyle private msg quote post Address this user
This was a joke and in very bad taste.

From what I gather, the letter was shown only to the group members, and not to anyone at the airline nor did he check luggage. It was a joke, and he has come forward to acknowledge how looking back it was not funny at all.

Keep in mind that that post was from February, and deleted within minutes. Someone held onto it for a rainy day and now that the BT is having fulfillment issues they pulled out that shiny screenshot to add fuel to the fire.
Post 11 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
As I initially suspected. Just a misguided and poor taste joke.

But doesn't make it any better or understandable.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masochism
Keep in mind that that post was from February, and deleted within minutes. Someone held onto it for a rainy day and now that the BT is having fulfillment issues they pulled out that shiny screenshot to add fuel to the fire.

Occam's razor.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:

From what I gather, the letter was shown only to the group members, and not to anyone at the airline nor did he check luggage. It was a joke, and he has come forward to acknowledge how looking back it was not funny at all.

At this point, him saying it was a joke is meaningless. Is he lying to cover his behind? There is no proof either way other than his word and maybe the word some close "friends" who might also have something to lose. And of course anyone caught is going to say it was all a big misunderstanding.

Either way, its more beneficial for me to add this guy to the list of individuals/businesses that I won't ever do business with in the future. I don't have "gotta have it fever" to a degree that I am willing to continue do business with shady individuals.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
I need those stabbity bunny covers though
Post 15 IP   flag post
I posted the above information as simply that, information. I am in no way defending or condemning Craig.

Full disclosure I am currently waiting on overdue books from him myself.
Post 16 IP   flag post
@teacha777 Which ones do you need? I have several, shoot me a message.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
I will be adding Brain trust to my do not do business with list that already includes ComicConnect and ComicXposure.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector IntoAnother private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you very much for sharing this @MarcJ
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:

The post doesn't read like a joke. Like, at all. It reads like someone bragging that they got away with something. The LETTER reads like a joke, no doubt. But the post...there's nothing in it that a casual observer would interpret as "just kidding."

If it is a joke, ok, fine. Not a very funny joke, and it does not even remotely look like a joke, but whatevs. If it's not a joke, if it really happened, the guy needs to make it right.
Post 20 IP   flag post
@DocBrown it does not read like a joke, no doubt about that. Craig insists, however, that it was a joke, all of his books were shipped and he did not show this letter to anyone at the airline and did not receive free checked bags.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Like I said...it wouldn't be hard to find out which flight the guy took and whether or not that airline did, in fact, check bags for him. If I had access to this info, I certainly would investigate.
Post 22 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
It wasnt a joke

Post 23 IP   flag post
What a dope. "Only ever be urban legend"...? Not if someone finds out his flight and contacts the airline, it won't be.

All anyone needs to do is find out which flights landed at SFO on the day he got in, around the time he got in, and then contact those airlines. It's not as if it's hundreds of flights. A couple dozen, maybe, in that time span.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
What a dope. "Only ever be urban legend"...? Not if someone finds out his flight and contacts the airline, it won't be.

All anyone needs to do is find out which flights landed at SFO on the day he got in, around the time he got in, and then contact those airlines. It's not as if it's hundreds of flights. A couple dozen, maybe, in that time span.

Knock yourself out.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown

Knock yourself out.

As I said earlier, I don't have access to that kind of information...but those who work for the airlines might.

Do you work for the airlines...?
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone into the comics market that does work for the airlines, really should look into this character.

The dude is a legit scumbag, to profiteer of off his veteran status.

I also think it is pretty remarkable that he may have had (or still has) some kind of association with the Wounded Warrior Project.

WWP is pretty well known for using donated funds to throw lavish parties, buy personal items for staff and ridiculously huge salaries to higher up employees...and so on.

Basically, everything that you don't expect a "charity" to do....they do it as standard operating procedure.

https://www.charitywatch.org/charitywatch-articles/the-senate-singles-out-wwp-for-bad-practices-that-also-occur-at-other-charities/181

It looks like this character is right at home, with ripping people off.
Post 27 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
There's no way he got on the plane - or got his bags checked for free - without a military ID showing active duty status. No airline staff would waive that based on just one piece of paper.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
There's no way he got on the plane without a military ID. No airline staff would waive that based on just one piece of paper.

Just so we're clear, this had nothing to do with him getting on the plane.
Post 29 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
@MarcJ I've been following it through various Facebook groups so I do know what is being posted and being said over there. In regard to this thread, I am responding to the provided screenshot and I update my post above to include the check bags. This was the example provided for this thread so this is what I chose to respond about.
Post 30 IP   flag post
597993 154 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?