Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS GradedCertified Comics For SaleFor SaleRaw Comics For SaleWant to Buy

CBCS is Moving to Dallas...6377

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Update on customer service. Jake Fleming is working on answering emails and returning phone calls today. About 3 hours ago (9 am CST) he stated that he still had 150+ emails to go through. This info was shared by Jake on the CBCS Comic Collectors Club page on Facebook.
Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector fivestar private msg quote post Address this user
Morning all!

Do we have an update this morning on where the move stands? Are things all setup and ready to move forward and start to process the backlog etc as planned today?

I just want to have a good idea of where we are so I know when my current invoice (18-1D6E40F) will ship and want to make sure that I don't send in some new stuff before everything is up and running/ready to process it.

Thanks!
Post 102 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
A member of the CBCS Comic Collectors Club on Facebook just posted this message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facebook post
Just so everyone knows. Just got through to customer service. There is a current phone issue they are fixing with set up so all the calls are going through 1 individual in CS. Please be patient when calling if you get put on hold or can not get through.
Post 103 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Update on customer service. Jake Fleming is working on answering emails and returning phone calls today. About 3 hours ago (9 am CST) he stated that he still had 150+ emails to go through. This info was shared by Jake on the CBCS Comic Collectors Club page on Facebook.

That sounds like....hell. One person dealing with phone calls and emails following the company relocating.
Post 104 IP   flag post
Collector kash private msg quote post Address this user
I tried to use the online appointment scheduling tool to book a time in mid July.

I cancelled immediately, as the calendar event listed Florida as the location.

Do you know when the online system will reflect the new Dallas address, or are new appointments actually at the Dallas address even though the Florida address is listed?
Post 105 IP   flag post

Collector Robert86m private msg quote post Address this user
Has this move even finished yet and stuff set back up so comics can be worked on again mine where in the last stage in a sleeve waiting for hard cases last I was told on the 4th
Post 106 IP   flag post
Collector Squack private msg quote post Address this user
I suppose the move has completed. I got an order added to my dashboard today, so I guess at least receiving is up and running.
Post 107 IP   flag post
Collector RareComics private msg quote post Address this user
Any update on the move?
Post 108 IP   flag post
Collector Excelsiorcomix private msg quote post Address this user
I hope my books will be graded this week, like I had been told they would. Got a call this week that they would be put in front of line since they were 2 day books received in may 18..
Post 109 IP   flag post
Received a completed email on my order (which had been completed BEFORE the move but sent to Dallas) on Monday or Tuesday

Yet when I look it's still in the system as "Processing - Shipping"

How long do we think it will take to actually start shipping out again?

Has anyone here received shipping information since the move?
Post 110 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@fivestar #soon
Post 111 IP   flag post
Collector kash private msg quote post Address this user
Not a knock on CBCS specifically, but the grading industry overall:

In what other business is paying for a specific turnaround time just completely meaningless?

I get that they are making a big move, but any other business would stop taking time sensitive orders (especially those which charge a premium for quick turnaround) during an event where they *knew* they would not be able to honor the agreement.

It's fascinating that this is acceptable in any industry.
Post 112 IP   flag post
I wholeheartedly agree. I paid for 2 day middle of last month.... still waiiiiiiitttttiiiiiinnnggggggg. Not baby books. Asm1 and af 15. But whatever. Money talks....
Post 113 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kash
Not a knock on CBCS specifically, but the grading industry overall:

In what other business is paying for a specific turnaround time just completely meaningless?

I get that they are making a big move, but any other business would stop taking time sensitive orders (especially those which charge a premium for quick turnaround) during an event where they *knew* they would not be able to honor the agreement.

It's fascinating that this is acceptable in any industry.

Yeah, this is kind of how I feel about it. If you pay for an expedited service, you should receive said service. Any other business would compensate the customer. I'm honestly kind of surprised there hasn't been more of an outcry. I know the move happened, the minute they knew it was going down they should have stopped offering expedited TATs and just said, we'll try our best. Communication goes a long way in any business.
Post 114 IP   flag post
Yes I agree. I've been submitting since they opened up and have been loyal for the most part. Not too thrilled lately...
Post 115 IP   flag post
😀
Post 116 IP   flag post
Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
The 2 day option seems to have always had issues. This thread was started over a year ago. https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/3090/page/1/2-day-tier-question/#18
Since this thread started, I no longer select any perks. I submit the standard option and I have been happy with the outcome. The books will arrive when they arrive, why pay more?
Post 117 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattness
why pay more?

To cash in on a time sensitive cover and paid specifically to avoid any issue with the move.... That didn't work out :/

Meanwhile I get to watch others cash in and by the time I get the books at this rate I'm not sure I'll be able to cover my costs :/
Post 118 IP   flag post
Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
@fivestar Yeah, I completely understand. I’m really sorry that you don’t have your order yet. I guess I was lucky. In my case the books were for my personal collection. I didn’t have the pressure of meeting public demand. Here’s hoping you get your order soon 🍺
Post 119 IP   flag post
Any idea as to when we might get an update on how the move is progressing? Personally, I am happy to wait to get my books while the move is taken care of. But, like many, I would just like some idea of when things might start getting back to normal. Wishing CBCS all the best!
Post 120 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
@RareComics me too. I have several hundred golden and silver age books ready to go, but want to see if they are settled in before I send in. Don't want them lost in the shuffle of it all.
Post 121 IP   flag post
@earthshaker01 I have five submissions at CBCS which I sent to St. Pete (the oldest dating from March). Even though I live about 70 miles from where I sent my books, they will travel about 2500 miles before they get back to me. I understand your wanting to see things settle down before sending more books. But hey, Steve's been a pal for 20 years, it will all work out OK.
Post 122 IP   flag post
Cant wait to get my 1 day books with one verified sig I sent in may 18th back sometime this month...am I alone in thinking that if you pay a small fortune to grade 3 books and they aren't completed in remotely close to the specified time frame, that you should get some kind of price break? Just sayin....
Post 123 IP   flag post
Collector Triplecdad private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, I submitted 18 books at the Phoenix comic fest, books I have owned for over 30 years. First time I ever submitted comics to be graded . . . and I have still heard nothing. I do not expect them returned already (it has been 30 days) but simply would appreciate verification that my very fine Fantastic Four 49 and my Giant Size Xmen 1 are safe and in the hands of CBCS . . . even just an email. So far, crickets.
Post 124 IP   flag post
I now have books that are being delivered to me tomorrow, but are not updated in the system. I got a courtesy email from FEDEX, but havent heard back from CBCS.... Wonder what Im getting back tomorrow, as I have multiple orders in "Shipping", "QC", and "Billing" Status....
Post 125 IP   flag post
Finally received notification that my 4 books that I had for 2 day Modern will get here just over 1 month after submitting the order (admittedly they didn't receive them that day obviously) YAY!!

No word yet from my customer support email inquiring from a couple weeks ago regarding what, if anything, they planned to do to make up for the delay since I specifically paid for expedited service so I'd avoid delays from the move :/
Post 126 IP   flag post
Collector Guy private msg quote post Address this user
@Triplecdad I’m with you. First time submitting and did it at Phoenix comicon. Wasn’t told about a move. Haven’t received an update and nothing shows on my dashboard.
Post 127 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Refer to this thread

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/6722/page/1/the-dallas-move-status-updates-questions-and-concerns/#1
Post 128 IP   flag post
600899 128 28
This topic is archived. Start new topic?