Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS GradedCertified Comics For SaleFor SaleRaw Comics For SaleWant to Buy

CBCS is Moving to Dallas...6377

Collector lpgasdude private msg quote post Address this user
@TimBildhauser, @SteveRicketts, Thank you both for the quick response. I'll look for the update.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector Robert86m private msg quote post Address this user
Only thing I agree with someone said earlier it would be cool if they posted pictures of the move
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
@TimBildhauser @SteveRicketts who do I contact about an order i got yesterday and the book slides freely in the slab.
Post 78 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
You can contact customerservice@cbcscomics.com with that issue, @Enelson
I don't know how long it will take to get a reply. If you don't hear anything by the end of next week, let me know via PM on the board.
Post 79 IP   flag post
@SteveRicketts ok, thanks, I sent cust service email and pics, but will contact u if no resolution
Post 80 IP   flag post

Collector fivestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBildhauser
The plan was to have Customer Service available to field calls & emails during the move. However that has proven to not be a possibility. We are working on correcting that right now.

Did they also shut things down early? I haven't heard a response on communications from last Thurs/Fri (email to Dan Rogers/CS, and phone calls to Billing and CS). I haven't even bothered this week given the move physically being in progress at this time and further reports of radio silence.

I get things happen and this was likely just a series of unfortunate events, but it just sucks/is frustrating b/c I specifically paid for 2 day modern in the hopes of AVOIDING any impact from the move and everything was in place to do so based on the start of the move being the 11th as stated. (Meanwhile I'm seeing more and more of these books pop up and sell for $$$ on ebay--so on top of it all, this could very well also cost me lost profits in the long run) :/

I'm of the opinion you can never have too many updates on progress and plans on how things are going to be handled as stuff arrives in TX etc
Post 81 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
I don't know how long it will take to get a reply. If you don't hear anything by the end of next week, let me know via PM on the board.

Love that term pancakes, coined right here on the board by DL! Does the new avatar signify maybe peace could be made on that end?
Post 82 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:

Love that term pancakes, coined right here on the board by DL! Does the new avatar signify maybe peace could be made on that end?

The cgc board was using the term "pancakes" to refer to pressed books before this forum was even a gleam on the horizon of the Internet.
Post 83 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
he cgc board was using the term "pancakes" to refer to pressed books before this forum was even a gleam on the horizon of the Internet.

Could be, Certainly was not a common term though. It’s blown up here, on social media, and in pressing circles since that superhero thread last year
Post 84 IP   flag post
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
@fivestar Again, I work remotely. I don't have all the details on the logistics of the move and if/when/how any changes were made to the execution of the plan. Certain specifics about when the move was being made couldn't be discussed publicly as it could have potentially compromised the security of transporting everyone's books from point A to point B.
Post 85 IP   flag post
Collector Skinschamps2000 private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts Pretend I am Jules Winnifield and you are Marsellus Wallace.

Doug: I don't wanna hear about no ifs. All I wanna hear from you is, You ain't got no problem, Doug. I'm on this . Go back in there, chill them others out and wait for the calvary which should be coming directly.
Steve: You ain't got no problem, Doug. I'm on this. Go back in there, chill them others out and wait for the refund AND GRADED BOOK which should be coming directly.
Doug: You sendin' the refund AND GRADED BOOK ?
Steve: Oh, you feel better, Doug?
Doug: [relieved] Shoot, Steve, that's all you had to say!

Cleaned up a tad and paraphrased. But, hopefully it will get a response from @SteveRicketts
Post 86 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
To add to this little charade. I requested to have the books be picked up at the office in Dallas. The rep I spoke with on the phone noted on the invoice for the shipping fee to be refunded to me. Guess how long it’s taken them to get me the refund? If you guessed never, then “ding ding ding”. I got an email alerting me that the books are ready to be picked up and ,poof, someone shipped it. Oh did I forget to mention someone at billing charged my card WITHOUT my consent. As in UNOTHAURIZED charge on my credit card. Nothing ticks me off more than someone charging my card without my consent. I will give them the benefit of a doubt until next week before I call my bank reporting a fraudulent charge on the account.
Post 87 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
is this the correct address?

CBCS 4635 McEwen Road,
Dallas TX 75244.

when i google the address it say Partial match, or is this the right address Farmers Branch???

4635 McEwen Rd
Farmers Branch, TX 75244

just want to be sure as am about to send in some comics.

Post 88 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinschamps2000

Doug: I don't wanna hear about no ifs. All I wanna hear from you is, You ain't got no problem, Doug. I'm on this . Go back in there, chill them others out and wait for the calvary which should be coming directly.
Steve: You ain't got no problem, Doug. I'm on this. Go back in there, chill them others out and wait for the refund AND GRADED BOOK which should be coming directly.

Cleaned up a tad and paraphrased. But, hopefully it will get a response from @SteveRicketts

Let's pretend I'm Steve Ricketts. Unfortunately I don't have the ability to comp your order, nor do I have a magic wand that will make it materialize in your mail box. All I can do is give you the limited information available to me through the back end of our system.

Your order, along with all other orders, is sitting in a vault in Dallas waiting on the crew to get there, and all of the equipment to arrive and be set up, so they can start doing their jobs again. How long will that take? I don't know. I do know that it was a monumental task to make it happen. All the comics are already in Dallas. The office equipment is in transit. I know that they are not dragging their feet. They want operations to be back up as quickly as possible, and I can assure you they're doing all they can to make that happen.

As for customer service answering questions, there are a few people working remotely to do that, but as you can imagine, it's hard for them to keep up with the incredible volume they're facing. They'll get back to you as soon as they can.

To address your order specifically, they can't do anything to it until they have people and equipment in place. Demanding that it get done now, unfortunately, is futile because it can't physically happen until they have the ability to do it. I hope you can understand that. You are more than welcome to request a refund, but that has to be done through customer service. I would love to help you, but there's nothing I can do. Sorry if that wasn't the Marcellus Wallace answer you were looking for, but it's all I have. I'm not the Wolf.

PS. Pulp Fiction is one of my 5 all time favorite movies. Thanks for the reference.
Post 89 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThatGuy
To add to this little charade. I requested to have the books be picked up at the office in Dallas. The rep I spoke with on the phone noted on the invoice for the shipping fee to be refunded to me. Guess how long it’s taken them to get me the refund? If you guessed never, then “ding ding ding”. I got an email alerting me that the books are ready to be picked up and ,poof, someone shipped it. Oh did I forget to mention someone at billing charged my card WITHOUT my consent. As in UNOTHAURIZED charge on my credit card. Nothing ticks me off more than someone charging my card without my consent. I will give them the benefit of a doubt until next week before I call my bank reporting a fraudulent charge on the account.

Definitely contact customer service as soon as they're back up. The minute I get word that they're operational, I'll make a post here to let you know.
Post 90 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion
is this the correct address?

CBCS 4635 McEwen Road,
Dallas TX 75244.

when i google the address it say Partial match, or is this the right address Farmers Branch???

4635 McEwen Rd
Farmers Branch, TX 75244

just want to be sure as am about to send in some comics.

Either address is valid. Farmer's Branch is a suburb of Dallas. The PO told us they handle mail with both addresses.
Post 91 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinschamps2000

Let's pretend I'm Steve Ricketts. Unfortunately I don't have the ability to comp your order, nor do I have a magic wand that will make it materialize in your mail box. All I can do is give you the limited information available to me through the back end of our system.

Your order, along with all other orders, is sitting in a vault in Dallas waiting on the crew to get there, and all of the equipment to arrive and be set up, so they can start doing their jobs again. How long will that take? I don't know. I do know that it was a monumental task to make it happen. All the comics are already in Dallas. The office equipment is in transit. I know that they are not dragging their feet. They want operations to be back up as quickly as possible, and I can assure you they're doing all they can to make that happen.

As for customer service answering questions, there are a few people working remotely to do that, but as you can imagine, it's hard for them to keep up with the incredible volume they're facing. They'll get back to you as soon as they can.

To address your order specifically, they can't do anything to it until they have people and equipment in place. Demanding that it get done now, unfortunately, is futile because it can't physically happen until they have the ability to do it. I hope you can understand that. You are more than welcome to request a refund, but that has to be done through customer service. I would love to help you, but there's nothing I can do. Sorry if that wasn't the Marcellus Wallace answer you were looking for, but it's all I have. I'm not the Wolf.

PS. Pulp Fiction is one of my 5 all time favorite movies. Thanks for the reference.

Post 92 IP   flag post
The Gimp's asleep...
Post 93 IP   flag post
Collector Skinschamps2000 private msg quote post Address this user
@stevericketts thanks for a response. I feel a ton better just hearing from you direct. I am happy with just that. I will check back in august with you. In the meantime, if things seem to expedite faster than expected and we hear that, even better. And enjoy a Royale with Cheese or Le Big Mac.
Post 94 IP   flag post
I think I'll try a Big Kahuna Burger. That's that Hawaiian burger joint. I hear they've got some tasty burgers.
Post 95 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I think I'll try a Big Kahuna Burger. That's that Hawaiian burger joint. I hear they've got some tasty burgers.

country burgers.

and don't speed in farmers branch. not a single mile over. I can't confirm or deny that I have had multiple speeding tickets there. thank god I don't date that girl lives in that area anymore.
Post 96 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts hey Steve...can I get your opinion on this comic being a good candidate for a press? just wondering if you think it would improve the grade with a press.

I know they're not the best pictures and for that I apologize.

EDIT: Sorry I put this in this thread. I can delete it and start a new one if you prefer.
Post 97 IP   flag post
Pressing might make it look better, but I think the fate of your grade will be tied to the missing pieces and tears. You might get a one step bump with a press, but you'd have to ask yourself if it's worth it in low grade. Depending on the tier, it might be worth it for the chance. I honestly would probably reject it if you sent that in for a press screen.

But then again, books look differently in the hand than they do in scans. Borock tells me all the time, if he could grade books accurately with a scan, he would work from home.
Post 98 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Pressing might make it look better, but I think the fate of your grade will be tied to the missing pieces and tears. You might get a one step bump with a press, but you'd have to ask yourself if it's worth it in low grade. Depending on the tier, it might be worth it for the chance. I honestly would probably reject it if you sent that in for a press screen.

But then again, books look differently in the hand than they do in scans. Borock tells me all the time, if he could grade books accurately with a scan, he would work from home.

Thank you for your response. I will send it in for a Press screen and hope for the best. I slab books less for resale value and more for preservation. This book will remain in my personal collection which are never for sale. Thank you.
Post 99 IP   flag post
Collector billkruser5 private msg quote post Address this user
I just sent two books down to Dallas and while I got confirmation they were received, they haven’t been checked in yet. Probably should have waited at least a week to send in new ones. Oh well, maybe I will be near the front of the backlog line when they get up and running. I can only imagine the headache they have as a company trying to pull this off without a hitch. Still a happy customer and good luck CBCS in your new digs!
Post 100 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Update on customer service. Jake Fleming is working on answering emails and returning phone calls today. About 3 hours ago (9 am CST) he stated that he still had 150+ emails to go through. This info was shared by Jake on the CBCS Comic Collectors Club page on Facebook.
Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector fivestar private msg quote post Address this user
Morning all!

Do we have an update this morning on where the move stands? Are things all setup and ready to move forward and start to process the backlog etc as planned today?

I just want to have a good idea of where we are so I know when my current invoice (18-1D6E40F) will ship and want to make sure that I don't send in some new stuff before everything is up and running/ready to process it.

Thanks!
Post 102 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
A member of the CBCS Comic Collectors Club on Facebook just posted this message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facebook post
Just so everyone knows. Just got through to customer service. There is a current phone issue they are fixing with set up so all the calls are going through 1 individual in CS. Please be patient when calling if you get put on hold or can not get through.
Post 103 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Update on customer service. Jake Fleming is working on answering emails and returning phone calls today. About 3 hours ago (9 am CST) he stated that he still had 150+ emails to go through. This info was shared by Jake on the CBCS Comic Collectors Club page on Facebook.

That sounds like....hell. One person dealing with phone calls and emails following the company relocating.
Post 104 IP   flag post
Collector kash private msg quote post Address this user
I tried to use the online appointment scheduling tool to book a time in mid July.

I cancelled immediately, as the calendar event listed Florida as the location.

Do you know when the online system will reflect the new Dallas address, or are new appointments actually at the Dallas address even though the Florida address is listed?
Post 105 IP   flag post
597875 128 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?