Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

New to Forum and CBCS6370

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Pretty cool displays. Welcome to the forum. Are you concerned about longterm uv ray light exposure on those valuable keys?
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Pretty cool displays. Welcome to the forum. Are you concerned about longterm uv ray light exposure on those valuable keys?

Thanks! A little but not too much. I bought them for me and love looking at them. I don’t want to hide them in a dark box for years.
Post 27 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
If you are willing to deal with additional bulk and cost in displaying your books....

clickable text

(I just looked it up. I have never used)
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
If you are willing to deal with additional bulk and cost in displaying your books....

clickable text

(I just looked it up. I have never used)

I get mine here;

http://gradecomstore.com
Post 29 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Yours look awesome. But I have a question. I noticed on the museum pod, they show a picture of adding a film to the CGC case. Is the UV handled by film or the frame's glass?
Post 30 IP   flag post

Quote:
Yours look awesome. But I have a question. I noticed on the museum pod, they show a picture of adding a film to the CGC case. Is the UV handled by film or the frame's glass?

Thanks! It’s glassless. The UV is restricted by the film provided. Still a very solid and good looking frame. I recommend.
Post 31 IP   flag post
They do look good, but the look is definitely enhanced by what they hold. =)

Indeed, a very nice collection....
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome. I really like seeing the books out. I have roughly 100 displayed at any one time, so I can drool on myself. Although now that I am old I pretty much do that anyway.
Post 33 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

dark boxes for days
Post 34 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
You have terrible slabs. Just box them all up and send them to me and I will help you destroy them. I'll even be nice and pay shipping for first class. Welcome to the forum.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier2Xterra
Quote:

Thanks! It’s glassless. The UV is restricted by the film provided. Still a very solid and good looking frame. I recommend.

Cgc slabs, in particular the last few years, aren't as clear as others. I'd say they darken the book a bit. Then there is the Newton ring problem. Are the uv films crystal clear? What is your take on the look of the slab win the film?

I'd love to display my cgc and cbcs slabs, but I'm very concerned about uv light damage. Some even sit on shelves in rooms that light enters...I try not to let them stay in there too many days.

This could be what I've been looking for.

Likely will order some just to see myself, but would like your opinion.
Post 36 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
Do you charge admission to browse your collection, if so how much?

Post 37 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

dark boxes for days

That was a good show. Warehouse something
Post 38 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:
Quote:

Cgc slabs, in particular the last few years, aren't as clear as others. I'd say they darken the book a bit. Then there is the Newton ring problem. Are the uv films crystal clear? What is your take on the look of the slab win the film?

I'd love to display my cgc and cbcs slabs, but I'm very concerned about uv light damage. Some even sit on shelves in rooms that light enters...I try not to let them stay in there too many days.

This could be what I've been looking for.

Likely will order some just to see myself, but would like your opinion.

The UV film is clear and after application, you can't really tell it is there. The slab still looks great with the film on.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foghorn_Sam
Do you charge admission to browse your collection, if so how much?

Haha, nah. Just have a beer with me and I like a good conversation.
Post 40 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer Warehouse 13.
Post 41 IP   flag post
So i received back my "test book" today from CBCS. I have to say, I'm impressed. I like the case and the book presents very well. I will be sending in more books soon.

Post 42 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
So i received back my "test book" today from CBCS. I have to say, I'm impressed. I like the case and the book presents very well. I will be sending in more books soon.

And you got the dreaded checkmark. Notes says color loss from extreme heat/pressure?
Post 43 IP   flag post
@poka Yes sir. I did have a question on that. Why the checkmark and, is that bad? As for the notes, yes. I did have it pressed and cleaned before sending in but I've never had notes or an issue like that previously.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@poka Yes sir. I did have a question on that. Why the checkmark and, is that bad? As for the notes, yes. I did have it pressed and cleaned before sending in but I've never had notes or an issue like that previously.

check mark means that it looks better than its grade. who pressed the book? there is a possibility that it got damaged during pressing
Post 45 IP   flag post
Quote:
As for the notes, yes. I did have it pressed and cleaned before sending in but I've never had notes or an issue like that previously.

who pressed your book? I knew it as soon as I read the graders notes. A book from 2017 with a WHITE cover and WHITE spine got a 9.0. grader notes with "extreme heat and pressure"? Too much heat, too much pressure.
Post 46 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Notes says color loss from extreme heat/pressure?

The auto function on my press malfunctioned once (or maybe user error) and it overheated a book for too long. I got that same note. Looking at the black areas at an angle I could see the heat spots.

Who pressed it?

@Kap that’s the book I gave away in the FB group, at first glance it looks like a 9+ but got a 6.5 😁
Post 47 IP   flag post
Confused

Wut
Post 48 IP   flag post
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
Just a friendly reminder. Ease off on discussing pressing methods folks.
Post 49 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBildhauser
Just a friendly reminder. Ease off on discussing pressing methods folks.

Yes, good point! But maybe let us know who NOT to go to for pressing? That sounds like an avoidable defect...

Also, belated Welcome to the Boards!
Post 50 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@Frontier2Xterra Welcome.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Just remember...your oven is for baking cookies, not pressing books.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Oh, and 350º F is not a "start" temp, unless you're making a pie.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector 3JJr private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome, oh seeker of knowledge!

The walls look great. What about the ceiling?
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user

Post 55 IP   flag post
597904 65 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?