CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Immortal Hulk #1 - Frankie's Comics Hulk 1816367

Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Hideous, but I bought only to flip knowing with near certainty it would sell out... and it did.
not sold out... yet...

Its not sold out on less known sites, but there are only 700 world wide; so maybe they were only allocated say 150 comics per store, or even 100 per store? Still worth buying. Most collectors that use eBay don't know about on-line comic book shops, like we do; and you can get a high turn around on your return.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Golden apple comics still has raw copies available.

GO!!!

I put 20 in my cart at golden apple for fun. Checked back and it cut my cart down to 4. So there must be 4 left! Almost sold out.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Still worth buying. Most collectors that use eBay don't know about on-line comic book shops, like we do; and you can get a high turn around on your return.
i..just ... can't .. do .. it.

haha.. oh well. it will be the same mistake i made with the ASM 797 Mayhew. i just cant be a part of bad covers.

.. its now sold out.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I need to kick back and read this book on cutting edge graphics.

Post 29 IP   flag post
@X51 Heck yeah. Who would have known that the future of making money was a gateway from the past! Incredible!
Post 30 IP   flag post

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 31 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Too funny.

Post 32 IP   flag post
@conditionfreak Those are awesome !
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector LotsaSequel private msg quote post Address this user
According to some retailers I know that have worked on variants with Marvel in the past they all say Frankie’s constantly misrepresents their print run. According to them Marvel requires a minimum of 3000 print run. Anyone here happen to know anything about that? Valid or not?
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
I think they destroy excess copies that are of poorer condition ( as not likely all the books are nm) ... But no way to know if this is true...

When they sent me a damaged book once they sent me a new one, but I had to remove the cover from the damaged one and send them a photo before they would send the replacement .
Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotsaSequel
According to some retailers I know that have worked on variants with Marvel in the past they all say Frankie’s constantly misrepresents their print run. According to them Marvel requires a minimum of 3000 print run. Anyone here happen to know anything about that? Valid or not?

Yeah, that is false. If Frankie's lies about how many they have then so do all the other comic shop retailers. Frankie's Comics is legit as they get. @Wraith is right. They destroy all copies past the marked limited number. They then have to return the damaged or unused copies after they fulfilled their allotted amount. Normally, comic shops are only given a small amount out of the entire amount printed (limited print runs).
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
Are all 700 (or 3000) bought by flippers to be sold to other flippers? Is it simply a pyramid scheme where the fastest finger in the West wins??
Post 37 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage_Spawn
Are all 700 (or 3000) bought by flippers to be sold to other flippers? Is it simply a pyramid scheme where the fastest finger in the West wins??

Yes. Nothing has changed.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage_Spawn

Yes. Nothing has changed.

Well as long as there is a market the reprints and variants will continue to be produced. And hey, were I a fast furious fickle fingered flipper I'd be right there in the mix. It's a legitimate way to bang a buck and I'm all for free enterprise, capitalism, apple pie and all that jazz.

It's similar to the earlier action comics/AMS15 multiple reprint issues which I've collected a whole batch of over the years. And yup I'll eventually sell most of them off keeping a nice one for my collection.
Post 39 IP   flag post
600707 39 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?