Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Deadly Class

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
I hope this signifies Sci-Fi is starting to get moving on books they've optioned.

I never subbed my 3 copies of Epic Illustrated 3.

Also have a cherry copy of The Price one shot.
Post 2 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Its time to dig out my copies.

East of West was picked up by Amazon a few weeks back. I have been reading this series since issue 2 (bought issue #1 of course) and its a fantastic series. Though, as a dog person, the last two issues peed-me-off though.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Wow that is cool news. I read Deadly Class from the start (2014?) and the first series was fantastic. I can't say I stuck around for the second arc though.

East of West? I think I have 10-20 copies of #1 in a short box somewhere. Everyone and their brother speculated on that book. I hope they do follow through with a TV show. That could be epic.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
I have 10-20 copies of #1 in a short box somewhere.
Quote:

If you sell, now is a great time too. #1 is going for $20 plus bucks!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Finally, Dreadstar! I am gonna be rich! CBCS magazines? I have a pile including a nice Epic 3
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
I have 10-20 copies of #1 in a short box somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
If you sell, now is a great time too. #1 is going for $20 plus bucks!

Census for that book is insane. 4 (9.9) - 1335 (9.8). I remember the hype all to well.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
Finally, Dreadstar! I am gonna be rich! CBCS magazines? I have a pile including a nice Epic 3

Easy now, hoss...

I didn't say that Dreadstar was showing movement; just said I hoped that Sci-Fi was turning things up.

I have 2 or 3 Epic 3's.

Also have a full run of the entire original comic run...doubles of most, although I may be missing 2 or so issues.

90% of them are in the 9.4-9.8 range, just like all of the other Epic and First 1980's runs that I have stockpiled.

My Epic 3's need to be slabbed.
Post 8 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
I have always wanted a Lamborghini. Now with Amazon optioning East of West, I'd be able to purchase that hot wheels version of the Lambo. Yay me.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Matt Ryan's John Constantine has been brought on as a series regular on Legends of Tomorrow

Post 10 IP   flag post
Agents of SHIELD has been renewed for season 6.

Post 11 IP   flag post
The Gifted, Black Lightning and iZombie got renewed.

Post 12 IP   flag post
There will be a season 4 of Supergirl.

Post 13 IP   flag post
The Flash and Arrow will also be back. I just hope Arrow has better storylines with the new writers.

Post 14 IP   flag post
iZombie and Flash are fantastic comic book translations.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Matt Ryan's John Constantine has been brought on as a series regular on Legends of Tomorrow

I think the character is horrible. I would prefer that he be left off.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Agents of SHIELD has been renewed for season 6

I finally quit watching this. The writing is so bad that I can't sit through an episode. Daisy is cute eye candy, but she's not enough to make all the bad set designs and bad plots watchable.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:

I ended up liking the Gifted & Black Lightning. There is some cheesy dialogue at times, but they are okay. iZombie doesn't remotely interest me. The Gifted is set in Atlanta, so I think it's funny when they drop names of various suburbs. Strangely though, they never once complain about Atlanta traffic.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
There will be a season 4 of Supergirl.

Between smug Jimmy Olsen and the annoying Lena Luthor, this show gets tedious to watch. I's rather see a Legion of Superheroes show.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Between smug Jimmy Olsen and the annoying Lena Luthor, this show gets tedious to watch. I's rather see a Legion of Superheroes show.

My problem with several of the CW shows is all of the gay relationships. I would rather have a strong storyline than that BS.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
The Flash and Arrow will also be back. I just hope Arrow has better storylines with the new writers.

I generally don't have a problem with these shows. I think the writing has some consistent weaknesses. It deals in absolutes too much. "I will never do... (fill in the blank)!" One episode later "I changed my mind... we're a family!"
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:

I finally quit watching this. The writing is so bad that I can't sit through an episode. Daisy is cute eye candy, but she's not enough to make all the bad set designs and bad plots watchable.

I think the show is fantastic.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

My problem with several of the CW shows is all of the gay relationships. I would rather have a strong storyline than that BS.

I don't care that they want to have gay characters, but I agree because it's too contrived and forced. They are also putting it in every series they make. I wonder how fast rating would tank if they had a transvestite character in every episode.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswing
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:

I think the show is fantastic.

The British accents annoy me the most. The dark settings annoy me the second most. The bad writing is about third on the list. I liked all of the Ghost Rider appearances. I don't care what the plot is when you have a guy walking around with a flaming skull. That's just cool to see.
Post 24 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I like Agents of Shield, but I hate time travel episodes. So, this season with the framework and going back in time was too convoluted for me. I didn't want to have to pay that close of attention.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Agents of SHIELD has been renewed for season 6.

I read that it only got picked up for 13 episodes (down from normal 22 episodes). Also, it won't air until the summer of 2019. That's a long time between new episodes for viewers of the show to stick with the show. This might be the last season.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I missed a couple episodes of Black Lighting and have the rest on DVR. On demand is charging for the episodes I missed and they have yet to show any re-runs.

Hard to get excited about a show they won't let me watch.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
I missed a couple episodes of Black Lighting and have the rest on DVR. On demand is charging for the episodes I missed and they have yet to show any re-runs.

Hard to get excited about a show they won't let me watch.

Upscale white-acting black people living in the hood. I like the show and think the women are sexy. Trying to understand what the "Shadow Board" is and why the white guy was dressed like "The Shadow" in one episode. I don't know enough about "The Shadow" to know if that's his alter-ego. I get a little depressed seeing the early episodes because the news anchorwoman on the first half of the season died in real life before the season aired. She'd been a local news anchor on Atlanta television for over a decade.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Oh goodie!
Charmed is back.

Fierce, funny, feminist reboot of the original series and, similar to the original series, focuses on three sisters in college who discover they are witches.

Post 29 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
These sisters seem to be non-white and ethnically diverse even among themselves.
Post 30 IP   flag post
598060 999 30