Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeQuestions

Simple misprint or Variant?6324

Collector fivestar private msg quote post Address this user
Looking for an assist on this Kirby book. This is the only copy I have that doesn’t have the blue at the top and everything else appears the same. Is this a printing error or is it denoting a different distributor or something? Was only able to find a couple on eBay, so it could just be a mistake affecting a small number...

CBR has the white header as their thumbnail for the cover, but I haven't found anything yet acknowledging the two versions.

Appreciate any information people might have or resources you can point me to!

Post 1 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
That's a good one.
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
This maybe something like Iron Man #15 from 1969. Some have green in the upper left hand corner and some have yellow.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Someone posted this on the CGC Forum a while back, maybe a year ago.

I can't remember what the verdict was on that board specifically but it is not a rare book.

The guy who started the thread had a copy, he posted it on eBay after starting the thread.

I added it to my watch list, it sold for what other copies of the book sold for on average i.e. no price bump.

You may be able to get more for it now, if you have it pressed, slabbed and CBCS or CGC will add "manufacturing error" onto the label.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Misprint. The blue ink didn't make it on to that part of the plate, or that part of the plate snapped off during printing. It's common, but very cool.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector fivestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
Misprint. The blue ink didn't make it on to that part of the plate, or that part of the plate snapped off during printing. It's common, but very cool.

Agreed. I was only going to keep one of them but now I want one of each just bc it's different
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@fivestar I have multiple copies of this book and all of mine are blue on the top. You have a rare gem there as far as I am concerned.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I do not think it is as common as you are saying.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
Quote:
I do not think it is as common as you are saying.

It is fairly common.

I found out about this book a year or so back, have seen quite a few white stripe DD 1's pop up since than.
Post 9 IP   flag post
600736 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?