Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
COLLECTOR Stu private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Both present well. Great pick-ups, @Stu. How ya feeling about now, bro? Is it surreal?
yes, it’s surreal at the moment. Pleased I was able to obtain the two books - still working on the rest of my collection with my LCS. Still have some books to go over and see what they will do for the rest. There are a few other books I’d like to pick up as well.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Both present well. Great pick-ups, @Stu. How ya feeling about now, bro? Is it surreal?
yes, it’s surreal at the moment. Pleased I was able to obtain the two books - still working on the rest of my collection with my LCS. Still have some books to go over and see what they will do for the rest of the collection. There are a few other books I’d like to pick up as well.

CONGRATS!

I would do the same if I had the opportunity. I'm not certain what grade the AF15 would need to be in, making the swap attractive, but I would do it.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu

very nice!
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
All the LCS that I go to do not have those 2 key books let alone 1 of them. They must have a really nice back selection. Congrats Stu.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Someday I'll something crazy but totally worth it like this...but not today.

Yeah, trading up, especially if you are not a dealer and don't have an established eBay selling account with followers etc, don't set up at cons, you will make out pretty good.

Downside being that you will give up much more in FMV.
I am confused at your statement. "Don't set up at cons, you will make out pretty good" that does not make sense. It also looks like your desperate to get rid of your books in the following post. Have you lost interest?
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianGreensnips, thought he meant if you don't set up at cons or do any of those other things and can make a similar trade, you will do well.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
All the LCS that I go to do not have those 2 key books let alone 1 of them. They must have a really nice back selection. Congrats Stu.
They do and they will now - lol! www.socalcomics.com - Southern California Comics is the name of the place. They have the largest golden/silver back issue selection in the area. Always bringing in new (old) books for all to add to their collections. I’m now after a FF, ASM, Avengers and another X-Men number ones. Gave up my X-Men for this deal. Tough letting go of some of the key books I’ve had for years - some I just didn’t mind. Hurt a bit seeing my silver Spidys and X-Men go. The Weareolf By Night 32, Tomb of Dracula #10 and my Walking Dead #1 - Plus many of my key graded - I was good with it. Just see the large free space in the House left where my collection once occupied.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs
@BrianGreensnips, thought he meant if you don't set up at cons or do any of those other things and can make a similar trade, you will do well.

Yup.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Someday I'll something crazy but totally worth it like this...but not today.

Yeah, trading up, especially if you are not a dealer and don't have an established eBay selling account with followers etc, don't set up at cons, you will make out pretty good.

Downside being that you will give up much more in FMV.
I am confused at your statement. "Don't set up at cons, you will make out pretty good" that does not make sense. It also looks like your desperate to get rid of your books in the following post. Have you lost interest?

I meant if you don't have a viable means of selling your lower priced books , as in you aren't an established convention and eBay dealer....than trading up is an especially good way to get keys/bigger tickets.

And yeah, I am tired of doing cons.

Not quite desperate, though.
Post 34 IP   flag post
@CopperAgeKids Thanks for clearing that up.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Quite a cool story. A win win. It’s great when both parties do well on a deal. I’m gonna be 90 still selling what I consider crap on eBay, because I don’t have the nuts to do this, and my grails are more attainable anyway
Post 36 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
Quite a cool story. A win win. It’s great when both parties do well on a deal. I’m gonna be 90 still selling what I consider crap on eBay, because I don’t have the nuts to do this, and my grains are more attainable anyway
Just do it my friend!
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector D84 private msg quote post Address this user
So Cal Comics seems cool, but one thing about their website I can't stand is that a large number of the books listed have SOLD next to them. Why would I be shopping and have wade through all the things they don't have?
Post 38 IP   flag post
They are constantly receiving new books - they sell quicker than you would think.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
@Stu Oh, was it Jamie who did the deal? Wow! That's cool... I'm guessing you're also a regular - a trusted regular! I haven't been in there in a while, since I moved a bit north (Riverside County now). I did FCBD there one year.

@D84, yeah, their web site is rough... always has been.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector D84 private msg quote post Address this user
It looks like a great store, and if I'm in Southern California again, I will pay a visit, but I won't be going back to their website.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastbard
@Stu Oh, was it Jamie who did the deal? Wow! That's cool... I'm guessing you're also a regular - a trusted regular! I haven't been in there in a while, since I moved a bit north (Riverside County now). I did FCBD there one year.

@D84, yeah, their web site is rough...
always has been.
Yes, he did and pleased it worked out. I’ve been going there for years and now I’m slowly rebuilding my collection with just a few keys in mind. I just don’t have the space for it any longer.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
@Stu If I wasn't more into the idea of eBay prices, I'd consider going there for a Giant-Sized X-Men 1 when I go hunting soon-ish... Waiting for a couple of books to come back from grading to sell off.
Post 43 IP   flag post
@thelastbard there is a graded and raw one at the stride right now.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
Congratulations @Stu! Heck of a trade!
Post 45 IP   flag post
@Odins_Raven Thank you buddy. Time to zero in my search for ASM #1, FF #1, Avengers #1 and Avengers #4.
Post 46 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu
@Odins_Raven Thank you buddy. Time to zero in my search for ASM #1, FF #1, Avengers #1 and Avengers #4.

Congrats on your trade!! Well done!!!

I have an Avengers 4 (slabbed 3.0) if you're interested.
Post 47 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 48 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Curious what you’re asking for it @GAC?

Of course, @Stu gets first dibs. This one is on my list after Hulk 181 & Spidey 14.
Post 49 IP   flag post
Avengers 4 graded 3.0 is valued on comicspriceguide.com at $1400 US. I could let it go for a little less then that.

I've got a Hulk 181 slabbed as well.

Post 50 IP   flag post
I was planning to get my hulk 181 at sdcc, but if you can make me a deal, I might bite. Send me a PM, bro.
Post 51 IP   flag post
I've got ASM 14 as well.

Post 52 IP   flag post
Very nice, I’m looking for a slightly higher grade on the ASM 14. Thanks for posting, though.
Post 53 IP   flag post
@00slim I traded an ASM 14 7.5 in my trade deal - you can see it and many others at socalcomics.com.
Post 54 IP   flag post
@GAC you have a picture of the back?
Post 55 IP   flag post
597870 71 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?