Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
COLLECTOR Stu private msg quote post Address this user
Loaded up and headed to my LCS to trade in my collection for a 3.0 Amazing Fantasy #15.

Post 1 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Your entire collection........ for a 3.0 AF15?

Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Danm. What you got in there? 500 venomized variants?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
Good call. I want to do something like this soon too.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Your entire collection........ for a 3.0 AF15?

Trying to also grab a Hulk #1 while I’m at it.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector D84 private msg quote post Address this user
Share pictures once you have it.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
That’s how you downsize quickly!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
lol that's how I got mine
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Someday I'll something crazy but totally worth it like this...but not today.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Stu,

What are the biggest books, raws and slabs, that you are bring to your LCS?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio

Yeah, trading up, especially if you are not a dealer and don't have an established eBay selling account with followers etc, don't set up at cons, you will make out pretty good.

Downside being that you will give up much more in FMV.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I actually want to do this, myself.

Give up all of my convention stock, all og my alphabetical/numerical orginized $2, $3, $5, $10 stock...all bagged/boarded (mostly in mylite2's and full backs,all the $10th are, half of my $5's, rest are in regular BCW poly bags with 2-3 boards per bag. )

Basically an instant stock for doing shows and eBay, if you want to pull out the cherry $10's, which are often $15+ shipping BIN's on eBay.

Hell, I would take .25 cents on the dollar in trade, don't even need mega keys.

As long as I get raws and slabs that are worth $50 or more...I'll take a beating in a trade.

I'll be set up at the VA Comic Con next month (vacomiccon.com), if anyone wants to take my booth (all table booxes of $2, $3, $5, $10 books, not my wall and my 2 priced as marked books/sets) in trade, shoot me a PM.

Give me a [b]quarter on the dollar
of my already discounted $2, $3, $5, $10 sticker in trade towards books that are worth $50 and up (at eBay sold prices for raws and 90 day average GPA for slabs), shoot me a PM.

You can take over my booth (6 foot table) right away (with 16 short boxes of organized stock), at VA Comic Con, as soon as I get your books.👌👍

The spot is already paid for, Liefeld is the headliner, he will be there both days.As will CBCS, there will be CGC SS facilitators present as well.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I plan to do this one day.

Set up at a Con & sell what I can, then sell the rest on e-bay for an AF 15.Or see a about a cash + trade for the rest at a shop.

The FMV has gone crazy for that book. A 4.0 was $10k a few years ago. It has doubled since.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I traded a short box of 90's Valiant for my AF #15 just before the market collapsed. The retailer made his money back the same day, so it was a good trade for him also.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Not only did I pick up the AF15 - also was able to grab the Hulk! As soon as I get back to the house I’ll add pics.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu
Not only did I pick up the AF15 - also was able to grab the Hulk! As soon as I get back to the house I’ll add pics.

Good decision in my opinion.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu

I love reading stories like this. Thanks for sharing, @Stu.

I look forward to this sort of trade in the future. It will allow me to start over & prioritize.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
@Stu Congrats on the new book.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@Stu congrats - would be fun if you could share what you traded with
Post 19 IP   flag post

Post 20 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
@Stu congrats - would be fun if you could share what you traded with

i second this notion

stu, i dont know you. i effing hate you. congrats.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Both present well. Great pick-ups, @Stu. How ya feeling about now, bro? Is it surreal?
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome pick ups. You must have had some really nice books in those boxes for the dealer to make the trade.
Post 23 IP   flag post
You can just imagine what I had - lil
of this - lil of that. Some big names in 9.0 and better. Plus picked some raw keys out of my boxes.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user

Success!
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Both present well. Great pick-ups, @Stu. How ya feeling about now, bro? Is it surreal?
yes, it’s surreal at the moment. Pleased I was able to obtain the two books - still working on the rest of my collection with my LCS. Still have some books to go over and see what they will do for the rest. There are a few other books I’d like to pick up as well.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
yes, it’s surreal at the moment. Pleased I was able to obtain the two books - still working on the rest of my collection with my LCS. Still have some books to go over and see what they will do for the rest of the collection. There are a few other books I’d like to pick up as well.

CONGRATS!

I would do the same if I had the opportunity. I'm not certain what grade the AF15 would need to be in, making the swap attractive, but I would do it.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu

very nice!
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
All the LCS that I go to do not have those 2 key books let alone 1 of them. They must have a really nice back selection. Congrats Stu.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio

Yeah, trading up, especially if you are not a dealer and don't have an established eBay selling account with followers etc, don't set up at cons, you will make out pretty good.

Downside being that you will give up much more in FMV.
I am confused at your statement. "Don't set up at cons, you will make out pretty good" that does not make sense. It also looks like your desperate to get rid of your books in the following post. Have you lost interest?
Post 30 IP   flag post
600906 71 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?