CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
From Twitter...

#saveLucifer

Post 26 IP   flag post
They may pull this off after all.

‘Lethal Weapon’: Seann William Scott To Replace Clayne Crawford; Series Renewed For Season 3 By Fox

clickable text
Post 27 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
No.

Doom. Despair. Agony.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Not a Stifler fan eh?
Post 29 IP   flag post
I don't even think he's going to play Martin Riggs. A failure on the level of a biblical apocalypse.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Rumor is, he's to play his brother.
Post 31 IP   flag post
That's even more stupider.
Post 32 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Oh god this is hilariously stupid
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
They may pull this off after all.

‘Lethal Weapon’: Seann William Scott To Replace Clayne Crawford; Series Renewed For Season 3 By Fox

clickable text

Never seen Lethal Weapon (the show), don't want to.

But Scott has been in a handful of good indie movies.

Trailer for Goon:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1456635/videoplayer/vi1266589977?ref_=vp_pl_1

American Loser:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0783601/videoplayer/vi2059574297?ref_=tt_ov_vi
Post 34 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
but in lethal weapon they already showed Riggs' brother....and he shot him to kill him off on the finale! So how are they going to use an actor who doesn't even look like the previously shown brother to replace the lead actor as his brother? This is really super dumb. oh and uh, spoiler alert if you watch the show

So I read Fox fired the lead actor who was playing Riggs because he was unruly on set and always yelling about how "unsafe" filming conditions were during shots. Wellp, now your job security isn't safe anymore, brah.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
It's all about ratings. If the viewer numbers are low, it will get cancelled.

While ratings matter a great deal, it's not ALL about the rating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
all of these shows are cancelled for a reason.

Yes, but the reasons vary.

I am far from an expert, but I have tried to educate myself on the television business over the past few years as it interests me. As to the cancelling of shows on Fox this year such as Lucifer, there is more to it than just the ratings. But let's be honest, the ratings were not very good for many of the shows cancelled by Fox including Lucifer, The Mick and others.

Fox recently got the rights to Thursday Night Football, which eliminates that whole night from needing shows through December. Additionally, they have retained the rights to the World Series through 2021, clearing out even more nights/weeks from new programming. This really does enter in decisions of how many and which shows to keep. Easier to cancel lower performing shows.

Several of the shows cancelled were not owned by 20th Century Fox TV, but were owned and made by outside production companies. Both Lucifer and Brooklyn Nine-nine (another fan favorite) were not owned by Fox, so Fox had to pay a licensing fee on top of everything else. Making the decision to cancel easier, given ratings.

Gotham was a bit surprisingly renewed. However, it was only picked up for 13 episodes. This was done specifically to get it to the 100 episode threshold needed for syndication. There may have been a deal cut on fees to get this done.

As to ratings not being the only factor, note that CBS recently renewed Elementary, despite the ratings on this show being very poor. It was the lowest rated scripted show on CBS. However, it has a large international appeal and does well in foreign markets as well as having a large back library of episodes which is great for syndication.

So while ratings are always important there are other factors that often play roles in whether shows get renewed or not.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaLament
I can't wait for the Disney/20th Century Fox deal to go through.

Not a done deal, especially with Comcast now making waves about outbidding Disney. Supposedly Comcast's CEO and Disney's CEO have a personal feud. Might be interesting to see how it shakes out.

clickable text
Post 37 IP   flag post
It’s official. FOX has revived Last Man Standing for Season 7, insiders inform RenewCancelTV. The network already has a show page up for the sitcom, which will return for the 2018-19 season.

Post 38 IP   flag post
Gotham Renewed For 5th/Final Season By FOX

Post 39 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
Gotham Renewed For 5th/Final Season By FOX

I heard that it would be a mid-season premiere, so most likely in January or February of 2019, not fall 2018. And not a full season of 22 episodes, just slated for 13 or so.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Talk about a cliffhanger.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/05/14/why-was-lucifer-canceled-fox-chairman
Post 42 IP   flag post
The why is because they were stupid. Lethal Weapon is going to tank so hard next year that they'll wish they had kept Licifer.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
The why is because they were stupid. Lethal Weapon is going to tank so hard next year that they'll wish they had kept Licifer.

Not sure about Lethal Weapon, but Fox has other (sports) progarmming to focus on.

The ratings were good for the Lucifer season finale. The creators are certainly interested in having the show continue either on Fox of "another network" :

http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/05/15/lucifer-series-finale-ratings-rise-fox/

I think CW would be the network that picks this show up, if Fox doesn't change their mind.

It would help build their DC brand and the ratings Lucifer has would likely be pretty good for a CW show.

Or it'll end up in syndication, with no new episodes.
Post 44 IP   flag post
https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/960348/Lucifer-cancelled-Tom-Ellis-show-return-network-FOX-Save-Lucifer-Twitter-Amazon-Prime

Streaming services...
Post 45 IP   flag post
597965 45 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?