Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedQuestions

May I sell comics here? ("For Sale" tag?)63

Collector thirdgreenham private msg quote post Address this user
As the title suggests, may I sell books here?

Yes? No? Not yet? Any kind, ie. raw, CBCS, CGC, PGX graded?

Inquiring minds would like to know.....
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderMan private msg quote post Address this user
Doesn't look like it.

6. Commerce Restrictions
Users are prohibited from engaging in substantial commercial transactions on a public thread located on the CBCS message boards. Solicitations for signatures and/or signing events are exempt from this restriction and are permitted.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Interesting. I was speaking with the gang from CBCS and telling them how I had all of my CBCS-graded books scanned and ready to offer up for sale, once the forum started up. They didn't mention a thing about selling will be prohibited. hm....
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector catrick339 private msg quote post Address this user
Alas, not the news I was hoping for. Like ThirdGreen, I was looking forward to buying a few beauties hereabouts, and thinning the herd on my CBCS slabs.

Ahh well, I'll have to settle for bragging about them, LOL
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Iceman399 private msg quote post Address this user
Lets start a poll!
Post 5 IP   flag post
The buzz will die down, I'm sure you'll find.

Too bad.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Moderator The_Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Apologize for the cleaning. I spoke too soon. I'll have better answers on this topic tomorrow
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Iceman399 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Watcher
Apologize for the cleaning. I spoke too soon. I'll have better answers on this topic tomorrow

I like that sound of that!!!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Generic private msg quote post Address this user
Whuuuuu??? I was hoping we could conduct transactions here. The other forum doesn't allow sales of CBCS books (for obvious reasons) and now we can't buy/sell books here :,-(
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector BillsComics private msg quote post Address this user
Posts went < Poof > already ?
Post 10 IP   flag post
scrubs
Post 11 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdgreenham
scrubs

More like cart before the horse. It's all a learning process.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Designer_Toast private msg quote post Address this user
I know there was talk about these forums not being a place to sell because CBCS felt they had no business being in or influencing the market. I'm hoping that will change as I'd love to sell books here. If not, the company is excellent and I'm glad to see so many familiar faces.
Post 13 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
The word "substantial" in the prohibition of selling here, is vague. Does that mean 100 items per day? One item per week? Never?

I was hoping to purchase, and maybe sell some raw books here. I never sell slabbed and graded books.

But if it is not to be. I'm kool with that. I just like to share my collection, as there is no one I know personally, that cares one bit to see my books.

After all. Having a collection of anything, is all about showing them off to others that appreciate them.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Pirate private msg quote post Address this user
Hello all, long time no see
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Buzzetta private msg quote post Address this user
There are several consequences by disallowing sales:

1 - The "other guys" will not allow mention let alone sales or trade of CBCS books on their site. This allows very little instance for collector to collector trades and sales to occur outside of dealing with auction houses or eBay.

2 - By taking that option away it removes some of the luster of CBCS books. If I know that I have more avenues to sell another companies' slabbed books over CBCS books, I am more likely to submit books to the other company.

On the other hand...
I see why you guys do not want to litter a forum that currently has only one page with a dozens of FS posts.

However, right now the forum is attracting attention since it is new. Now tweak it over the next few months in order to retain traffic.

One of those ways to retain traffic is to eventually allow sales.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector MGA private msg quote post Address this user
I was under the impression at some point this forum was set up to include and encourage sales, trading,& collection of CBCS slabs. I wouldn't worry about it to long. It's new and the guys at the top know what they are doing.......
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzetta
There are several consequences by disallowing sales:

1 - The "other guys" will not allow mention let alone sales or trade of CBCS books on their site. This allows very little instance for collector to collector trades and sales to occur outside of dealing with auction houses or eBay.

One of the more inconsistent policies of "the other guys" (should we call them "Tom Riddle"...?) is the disallowing of even mentioning CBCS, in any context, but certainly not to sell.

...which is inconsistent, because they have allowed the sale of PCGS slabbed coins...Tom Riddle's main competitor in coins....since the beginning.
Post 18 IP   flag post
It's okay to say the cgc over here. You won't get your bollocks chopped off.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector PovRow private msg quote post Address this user
Seeing all this talk of "the other guys" or "the other forum"...does that mean we now have an "across the street"???!!!
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdgreenham
As the title suggests, may I sell books here?

I love your use of the term "may I". It just feels proper yet gentle!
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PovRow
Seeing all this talk of "the other guys" or "the other forum"...does that mean we now have an "across the street"???!!!

Do you mean like Sesame Street?
Post 22 IP   flag post
BWAHAHAHA!

Post 23 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
My memory might be faulty. But on the Facebook forum that has essentially served as the CBCS forum, I thought it was clear that when launched, CBCS would have/allow sales threads.

No sales would be an odd decision. It draws in a good number of people. It makes this forum look lacking compared to CGC's. CBCS could be "better" in this case, allowing competitor's slabs to be sold.

Ultimately, it isn't super important to me. I've not sold on the CGC forums. But I have made purchases there. Some higher dollar purchases in fact.

I find myself wondering - as Condition Freak mentions - if the word "substantial" has some significance. I'd be supportive telling dealers that make a living selling comics and collectibles the selling forums here aren't really for you. Maybe they should look at advertising here instead.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector AnfieldFox private msg quote post Address this user
Sales should be allowed.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector Pie_Is_Good private msg quote post Address this user
I vote for sales.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector JDM private msg quote post Address this user
I personally sell on eBay and think we should be allowed to link stores or listings. But I'm not sure how safe it is to just sell on the forums and trust that people will pay for/ship items.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector rabid_wolf private msg quote post Address this user
sales would be cool
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector KenWorthing private msg quote post Address this user
Allowing Sales would be really, really good. There's nothing I want to sell just yet, but I'd rather sell CBCS books here, than take my chances on the 'bay.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Mio private msg quote post Address this user
The class of folk on eBay is sometimes really hit-and-miss. I was hoping that there would be a place here to buy and sell raw and CBCS books. Fingers crossed that it happens sooner rather than later.
Post 30 IP   flag post
600777 135 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?